Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Tuesday 10/3 Ratings 
Cream of the Crop

Post Tuesday 10/3 Ratings
Source: http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/newsletters ... /index.jsp

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 13.2/20
2. "Law & Order: SVU" (NBC) 11.1/18
3. "NCIS" (CBS) 10.8/16
4. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (NBC) 9.1/13
5. "The Unit" (CBS) 8.5/13
6. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 7.6/12
7. "Help Me Help You" (ABC) 7.6/11
8. "MLB Playoffs" (FOX) 6.7/11
9. "Smith" (CBS) 5.8/9
10. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 5.3/8
11. "Gilmore Girls" (CW) 4.0/6
12. "Veronica Mars" (CW) 2.4/4

Total Viewers

1. "Dancing With the Stars" (ABC) 18.28
2. "NCIS" (CBS) 15.52
3. "Law & Order: SVU" (NBC) 14.18
4. "The Unit" (CBS) 13.17
5. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (NBC) 12.04
6. "Boston Legal" (ABC) 10.60
7. "Help Me Help You" (ABC) 10.40
8. "Smith" (CBS) 8.43
9. "MLB Playoffs" (FOX) 7.80
10. "Friday Night Lights" (NBC) 7.18
11. "Gilmore Girls" (CW) 4.71
12. "Veronica Mars" (CW) 3.27

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Well... like Berman said (he says something good every now and then), VM didn't do terrible numbers (Runaway, the entire Sunday lineup), but it's not doing great either. Hopefully it holds up (or goes up) in future weeks.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:44 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Smith is doing really bad now and bad numbers for Friday Night Lights. As I said in the Earl/Office thread, they should move Earl/Office to tuesday because tuesday is now NBC strongest night and possibly cancel FNL now that its doing bad. How does an tacky show like Dancing with the Stars do that big of numbers?

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:00 pm
New Server, Same X

Well... like Berman said (he says something good every now and then), VM didn't do terrible numbers (Runaway, the entire Sunday lineup), but it's not doing great either. Hopefully it holds up (or goes up) in future weeks.

To update on Berman's comments, thefutoncritic says that VM "stumbled out of the gate", and Zap2it calls VM's numbers "OK". So... it's not a trainwreck and it's not DOA. But, it should and could be better. Right now, we'll hope that numbers don't go down (let's hope for the opposite).

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:07 pm
New Server, Same X

Smith is doing really bad now and bad numbers for Friday Night Lights. As I said in the Earl/Office thread, they should move Earl/Office to tuesday because tuesday is now NBC strongest night and possibly cancel FNL now that its doing bad. How does an tacky show like Dancing with the Stars do that big of numbers?

I'm glad I didn't start watching "Smith".

"Friday Night Lights" has to be disappointing. To be honest, I thought it would do well.

"Dancing With the Stars" is a mystery. Celebrity competition shows tend to do well for a season (Celebrity Boxing), but this is the first time where this kind of show has only gotten bigger. Considering this season is beyond bland (based on the celebs), I can't believe it hasn't taken at least a minor hit in ratings.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:10 pm
Begging Naked

El_Masked_fuerte_grande wrote:

I'm glad I didn't start watching "Smith".

"Friday Night Lights" has to be disappointing. To be honest, I thought it would do well.

"Dancing With the Stars" is a mystery. Celebrity competition shows tend to do well for a season (Celebrity Boxing), but this is the first time where this kind of show has only gotten bigger. Considering this season is beyond bland (based on the celebs), I can't believe it hasn't taken at least a minor hit in ratings.

Well, technically the ratings are down a little bit from last season, which averaged a little over 19M viewers. We'll see if it builds towards the finale. But it IS amazing that it has held up so well. I blame Jerry Springer.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:24 pm
Profile WWW

Well, technically the ratings are down a little bit from last season, which averaged a little over 19M viewers. We'll see if it builds towards the finale. But it IS amazing that it has held up so well. I blame Jerry Springer.

Gong Show,Solid Gold, and Star Search were aired in the wrong period and time. Today they would have been ratings gold

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:29 pm
Forum General

Mr. X wrote:

To update on Berman's comments, thefutoncritic says that VM "stumbled out of the gate", and Zap2it calls VM's numbers "OK". So... it's not a trainwreck and it's not DOA. But, it should and could be better. Right now, we'll hope that numbers don't go down (let's hope for the opposite).

I think in comparison to most of the rest of the CW lineup, they have to at least be satisfied with these numbers. It got nearly the same numbers as last season's premiere, and went up in the demos. While the household retention rate wasn't great, it retained 70% of adults 18-49. Rob Thomas's response to the ratings is that this is probably the bare minimum that they were willing to accept VM doing, but it's fine for now. (Though he's disappointed that it didn't do better, considering it wasn't up against Lost and the competition was mostly male oriented, though I think he forgot Dancing with the Stars where I'm sure most of the 40% of Gilmore Girls viewers who didn't stick around went.)

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:13 pm
Indiana Jones IV

wouldnt we normally not be up against dancing?

1. The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
2. The Royal Tenenbaums
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Rushmore
5. Being John Malkovich

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Yeah, it goes to 60 mins starting on the 17th, though someone told me they put it off for a week or so, though I can't find any confirmation of that on abc.com and thefutoncritic.com doesn't have any press releases from ABC saying that.

Edit: Nevermind, I found an article about it. source Looks like Dancing with the Stars will be until 9:30 through Oct. 24th, meaning only a week without either DwtS or House.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:50 pm
Extraordinary

Shit, Friday Night Lights laid an egg. Probably looked far to similar to Friday Night Lights the film and that might've been a turn off to people, the marketing just sucked all around I had no interest to see it, the reviews were great that was the only reason I caught it.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:12 pm
Sbil

Ouch. NBC, despite looking like it had one of the most promising schedules of the season, continues to falter with new programs (other than Heroes; and 30 Rock and 20 Good Years, which haven't aired yet).

Not great for Veronica Mars, but it indeed could be worse.

Smith will probably be canceled before 2007.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:36 pm
Extraordinary

Looks like Law and Order CI keeps having good ratings. Of coruse that is against Baseball and not against House.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Wow. I'm actually really surprised about Friday Night Lights.

I thought it'd be one of the bigger hits of this season.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Wow. I'm actually really surprised about Friday Night Lights.

I thought it'd be one of the bigger hits of this season.

Me too.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 pm
Orphan

Horrid for FNL. NBC isn't having that much luck this year aside from Heroes with Kidnapped just being canceled (It will run 13 episodes and then be pulled) and Studio 60 disappointing. Don't expect FNL to last.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:58 pm

NBC is where it is at now because they canned good shows that had potential to expand but didnt have time to since they got cancelled. I think its payback for cancelling Mismatch,Boomtown and Third Watch that got shifted around the schedule. I think they now learned their lesson which is why Office is still on the air because it has potential to grow. But anyhow its NBC's fault the way they are now since they can no longer rely on Friends and Will & Grade

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:12 pm
Extraordinary

Poor NBC. I really thought Friday Night Lights would do better. Maybe putting it on FRIDAY'S would help! :sweat:

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

1. Really bad for Friday Night Lights. I support the idea of moving it to Friday nights. I'm afraid to think about what this could fall to in second week... 6 million?

2. Smith continues to spiral down. I actually thought it would level but it seems to be the first big dud from CBS in a while (also comparing expectations)

3. Overall great for ABC (go Boston Legal) but I do think Help Me Help You's retention out of DWTS's last ha;f hour was horrible.

***Kinights of Prosperity has been delayed to Jaunary, so I don't exactly know what that means... maybe 90 minute DWTS Tuesdays all the way through? The delay is not because of creative or problems with the show but because ABC felt that with the heavy advertisements they ran for Nine, Six Degrees, B&S, they think that KOP got kind of lost in the shuffle and want to do a better ad campaign for it so it can emerge and break out.

I don't see why people were expecting so much of the CW... I mean did they think the WB and UPN's viewers were gonna add up? I don't see why any of their returning shows would be doing significantly better than what they always did... so VM looks good!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 pm
New Server, Same X

I don't see why people were expecting so much of the CW... I mean did they think the WB and UPN's viewers were gonna add up? I don't see why any of their returning shows would be doing significantly better than what they always did... so VM looks good!

You make me very happy. :biggrin:

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:03 pm
Forum General

The real problem with CW is they claim to have 95% clearance, but in many markets, they only have digital channels, or haven't worked out contracts with the cable companies, or have, but you can only get it if you have HDTV. So they may be in 95% of the markets, but I doubt they actually reach as many homes as UPN did.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:18 pm
Wallflower

NBC is where it is at now because they canned good shows that had potential to expand but didnt have time to since they got cancelled. I think its payback for cancelling Mismatch,Boomtown and Third Watch that got shifted around the schedule. I think they now learned their lesson which is why Office is still on the air because it has potential to grow. But anyhow its NBC's fault the way they are now since they can no longer rely on Friends and Will & Grade

I totally agree about MISS MATCH. That was such a good show and deserved a chance. It could have expanded if given time. They didn't really try and gave up too soon.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 pm
The Wall

According to the finals Berman posted, VM went up a little bit from 3.27 million viewers to 3.36 million viewers while Gilmore went down from 4.71 to 4.62... I find that satisfying a bit.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

According to the finals Berman posted, VM went up a little bit from 3.27 million viewers to 3.36 million viewers while Gilmore went down from 4.71 to 4.62... I find that satisfying a bit.

I was going to post the same thing. I think that really is a good thing, and sheds a bit more positive light on Veronica Mars.

Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:55 pm
Forum General

CW's spin sounds quite good, too. Though they left out the part about increasing the number of male viewers over Gilmore Girls, despite baseball. Link

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]