Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 The 'Alias' Thread 
Forum General

Post The 'Alias' Thread

It's coming back in two weeks, folks, and supposedly, it's better than ever.

What do you guys think? Are we in store for an awesome season? Will the somewhat mediocre-ness of the third season be put to shame? :)

Will Lost finally be able to help the show get the viewers it has deserved?

Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Draughty

One thing we know is it will focus more on the whole aspect of her leading a dual life, spy by day and regular young woman by night, more or less. That will be more interesting than last season which had some good moments but generally got bogged down as a workplace ensemble thing and focused too much on older cast members.

I'm looking forward to this season, even if it is not perfect it looks like Abrams is back on track.

I just hope that doing both this and Lost at the same time doesn't cause Lost to suffer in quality.

Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

He's not only doing this and LOST, but word is another mid-season drama for abc and directing Mission Impossible 3 in a few months.

Dkmuto.... you beat me to it!

O how I anticipate January 5th!
The tv spot for the 4th season was amazing and I can't wait for 22 straight weeks of brand-spankin new ALIAS!!!!!

the word from J.J. himself is that he tried writing the opener as if he were someone that hasn't watched Alias, which is a rather odd way to put it, but you know what he means.... He has tried to incorporate the established characters and stories with telling the new season for people who have not yet watched ALIAS!
I also read that we may see old friends revisited!

This and Lost's lead in will hopefully rejuvinate ratings for Alias. I think the ratings will be much higher than Season 3 and it might hit a few highs since its premier, but I don't think it's gonna become a hit. I think for ABC, compared to The Bachelorette, I think steady weekly viewership of 10-11 million would be awesome.

Evidentally the new ALIAS magazine has been out for 2 months with insight into Season 4 and columns with JJ. I should check it out!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:27 pm
Forum General

I'm really surprised with ABC. They have been promoting the HECK out of this premier!!

I just saw like 3 billboards today.... does anyone have the ad pic? It is the nicest one so far. She looks awesome!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:23 am
Extraordinary

They sure are doing a good job with the advertising, I've even seen a promo on Nickelodeon... :? Weird.
I think I'll be starting to watch this season. I've only seen some of Season 1 so I need to catch up on the others... I may just buy all 3 seasons.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:50 am
Hot Fuss

Newcommer here. I have never seen Alias. I have heard the praise. But, I have never seen it. I have two favors to ask (I plan on tuning in these season).

1. Is there a simple, clean Alias website that has the characters on it with little biographies.... just simple enough so I know who is who.

2. Do you think its a show worth jumping into? I've finally been convinced to watch it - but is it too late now?

Thanks!!

Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Newcommer here. I have never seen Alias. I have heard the praise. But, I have never seen it. I have two favors to ask (I plan on tuning in these season).

1. Is there a simple, clean Alias website that has the characters on it with little biographies.... just simple enough so I know who is who.

2. Do you think its a show worth jumping into? I've finally been convinced to watch it - but is it too late now?

Thanks!!

I'll try to see if I can find such a site.... otherwise... I'll give you a REALLY good run-down of the past 3 seasons and characters. Simple and informative.

As for the new season, you should know the creator wrote the new premier with the thinking that new viewers will join. Basically he made it much more easily accessible and understandable, "join-able" for new-comers!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:46 am
Full Fledged Member

I am so excited about the premier, it is going to rock. I can't get that Lenny Kravitz song out of my head!

Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Thanks!!

You may want to try http://www.tvtome.com

Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:20 pm
You must have big rats

Still waiting for Season 3 in Germany.... :?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Some days I'm a super bitch

I think it's great that ABC placed the show after Lost, but hasn't anyone figured out that it'll be up against, gulp, American Idol 4!!!

Anyway, remember they figured that the show's ratings would pop in season 2? They did a huge publicity blitz and aired a special episode after the SuperBowl and, well, nothing happened. In fact the ratings slipped a bit.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The premiere won't be playing at 9pm on Jan 5th in Canada. Oh no, CTV has chosen the ever lucrative timeslot of Sunday January 9.....at 4pm. I'm not sure if this is when CTV will continue to air Alias after the premiere, but it's still pretty weird. I can still watch it on ABC, but I'm used to being able to watch Alias a couple hours before ABC...oh well.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

The premiere won't be playing at 9pm on Jan 5th in Canada. Oh no, CTV has chosen the ever lucrative timeslot of Sunday January 9.....at 4pm. I'm not sure if this is when CTV will continue to air Alias after the premiere, but it's still pretty weird. I can still watch it on ABC, but I'm used to being able to watch Alias a couple hours before ABC...oh well.

4pm, wtf?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:43 pm
Cream of the Crop

Yeah, 4pm didn't exactly strike me as a prime viewing hour for a CIA Drama/Thriller like Alias - very rarely do I need to see vans being blown up or secret identities being revealed midafternoon on a Sunday. In fairness to CTV their schedule is pretty packed. They usually just pick the best shows from each of the major networks down south and air them, so weird times can be a result. But really, 4pm? Bleh.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

i can't wait for it to begin already. :D aren't we thankful ABC wasn't quick to push the cancel button after low ratings in earlier seasons.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:36 am
Veteran

I made a thread about this a few days ago..what happened to it?

Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I made a thread about this a few days ago..what happened to it?

Deleted, I believe, as we already had this thread.

Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:20 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

You know.... I have said before that I was surprised at ABC's push for ALIAS by advertisement, but I didn't even realize what I was talking about...

Over the past weeks I ahve seen more billboard and bus stop ads for ALIAS Season 4 than any movie that comes to mind over the past few years. And it has a double page spread in this week's Entertainment Weekly, the year end issue, sure to sell a great deal.

I cannot take this anymore!!!! 11 days left!

can anyone find that picture of Jennifer Garner in the ads and billboards? she is SMOKIN!!!!!! :D

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:15 pm
Romosexual!

can anyone find that picture of Jennifer Garner in the ads and billboards? she is SMOKIN!!!!!! :D

No but here's a promo shot of the cast looking great :D

http://www.jenniferfan.com/gallery/deta ... ge_id=2077

more pics here ---> http://www.jenniferfan.com/gallery/index.php

Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:28 pm
Hot Fuss

Thank you Raffiki and Libs. I checked out the site, and I have a better sense of the show than before. I'm glad to hear that the new premier will be a bit more accessible. :)

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Thank you Raffiki and Libs. I checked out the site, and I have a better sense of the show than before. I'm glad to hear that the new premier will be a bit more accessible. :)

LUV your avatar

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:52 pm
Forum General

zach wrote:

LUV your avatar

awww... u changed it.... I like the No Doubt one better!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:16 am
Teenage Dream

1 WEEK UNTIL THE SEASON 4 PREMIERE OF ALIAS

I can't wait. I will not miss this. (If I do thank god for Tivo!!)

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:13 pm
Cream of the Crop

If anyone is still in need of a primer before viewing season 4, and has a lot of time on their hands to read recaps of television shows, there's a few links that I would find useful.
This one is a FAQ, answering some of the more basic questions of the show.
This one has recaps of every episode that has aired. You just have to use the pull down menu to get the earlier recaps. These aren't for everybody, as they usually are about 15 pages in length and cater to a very specific sense of humour, but I recommend them if you missed a show and want to know what's going on. I read one for 24 and was sufficiently made aware.

I had to do some reading to just get a grasp of where we left off those many months ago. Can't wait until Wed.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:22 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

For the next week, I'll be sporting this avatar, promoting Alias!

Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 322 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next