Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
 Screen Counts and Crowd Reports for July 7-9 
Teenage Dream

The 11:30, 1:15, 2:30, 3:15, 6:30, 7:00, 7:30, 8:15, 8:45, and 9:30 shows are already sold out for tomorrow. When I went to buy the ticket to see Garfield 2 I head a lot of people asking for showtimes and getting tickets for tomorrow and Saturday.

Nice. :biggrin:

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:50 am
Indiana Jones IV

JMorphin wrote:
Regal Gateway 16 in Austin, TX

6 midnight shows SOLD OUT, added a 7th digital format (I believe unprecedented other than Sith) got 50% capacity.

Gateway and Lakeline are the only two theaters in all of west Austin, right? No wonder they sell out so much.

Yep, I guess we HOG all the business up here hehe. Tinseltown does take a bite out of us though.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:53 am
I just lost the game

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
12:01
St. Lous Mills Regal 18
Approx. 600 seater, 75% full (at least three other screens sold out)

Trailers:

Invincible (the reel started and the lights came down halfway through, hahaha)
Guardian (no reaction, looks pretty bad)
Talladega Nights (strong response, lots of laughter)
Accepted (a little laughter)
One more but I don't remember, so it must've been lacklustre

Movie:

I liked it a lot. The group I went with was very impressed, and walking out of the theater, I saw and heard nothing but good things. The cliffhanger ending definitely won't hurt the film's WOM like I expected it would. Cons: Not as funny as the first, and some people might not like all of the characters form the first movie making it into this one.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:57 am
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Hitokiri Battousai wrote:
JMorphin wrote:

6 midnight shows SOLD OUT, added a 7th digital format (I believe unprecedented other than Sith) got 50% capacity.

Gateway and Lakeline are the only two theaters in all of west Austin, right? No wonder they sell out so much.

Yep, I guess we HOG all the business up here hehe. Tinseltown does take a bite out of us though.

The Tinseltown in Pflugerville? But it's so hard to get to - enough red lights to cause an allergic reaction!

What's the approximate demographic that you saw for Pirates?

About half college kids and half Eastside-looking people at Highland. Maybe 60% women.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:02 am
Indiana Jones IV

JMorphin wrote:
Hitokiri Battousai wrote:
JMorphin wrote:

The Tinseltown in Pflugerville? But it's so hard to get to - enough red lights to cause an allergic reaction!

What's the approximate demographic that you saw for Pirates?

About half college kids and half Eastside-looking people at Highland. Maybe 60% women.

Mostly college definitely, with a lot of people in their thirties also. I think there was an even split of men and women here. I guess the kiddies will try to make it in the matinee ;)

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:04 am
Iron Man

AMC 30 Covina
475 Seater SOLD OUT!

Also SOLD OUT on all 7 other 12:01am showings. (475, 375, 375, 250, 250, 250, 250 Seaters)

They sold out all showings by 11:20 and didn't add anymore screens.

Trailers:
The Gaurdian
Deja-Vu
Night at the Museum
Talladega Nights
Accepted
Transformers

Applause thru-out movie! It was definitely liked!

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

12:01 a.m. 500-seater: SOLD OUT

Trailers:

The Guardian
Night at the Museum
Accepted
Lady in the Water
Transformers

Film:

Crowd seemed to love it. Massive applause at the end. Walking back to my car, I heard one girl say she hated it while her friend was telling her, "Yeah, but it's a sequel," but that seemed to be a very, very minority opinion.

Last edited by The Dark Shape on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:19 am
Homo Dperious

I went to Colorado Mills at 10:30 to buy the tickets, but they were already sold out; they had been since it was all crossed out online at 7:00. They turned away hundreds. There was a massive line of people and much to my surprise many were dressed like Pirates. One teen girl had a pirate flag. It was insane; I love the audience at this theater; great at midnight. X3 was awesome and this crowd seemed even better. Too bad I couldn't get in. :sad: So, since I didn't have a car I had to bike 10 miles across town to get one. I usually do that in about 45 minutes, although I had in 30 before; I did it in 25 here. At that time it occured to me what I was missing in my life: a pirate chick. Anyway, we then argued about where we would go. I wanted Highlands Ranch even though it was over 30 miles away since it was packed (and would probably be even more interesting to see then Colorado Mills. I tried to buy for the 12:30 there online. By the time it went through, it was sold out. Ok, well, what about the other 12:30? I go back and enter the info, but it sells out by the time I get to the page. That's it for that theater with 15 sellouts. Everything seems to be selling out right there, so we just settle on Pavilions and get it right before it sells out. I was disappointed with that as the theater is downtown and never as interesting. I drive over the legal limit for the first time in my life (I won't ever do that again, or probably not). Anyway, we get there. There are many people, but not a single pirate costume. All 4 are sold out, but it just lack the energy and excitement of a suburban theater. Get to the theater and there are no seats together. I was ready to sit on the stairs, but a theater person got people to move to make room for us. Anyway, the movie was great. Some clapping at the end. I saw 3 people dressed as pirates, but two were male, and the third looked dreadful. It took forever to get out of that parking lot. I decided I wanted to go to Colorado Mills to try to pick up a girl dressed as a pirate. Or at least get a phone number. I think it was just nostalgia for a real midnight experience at that point. Plus, my fascination with the whole scene when I was there. And what did I have to lose? Anyway, everyone thought I was insane, but they wanted to go with me anyway. But by the time we got there no one was left. The last showing was gone as it was already 3:20. :sad: I'm not sure what I did for the two hours after that; I must have spent a lot of time wandering around the grocery store. Blah, I only wanted to buy milk and eggs.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:44 am
Profile ICQ
Dont Mess with the Gez

9.40pm
600 seater (95% sold out)

Trailers:
Deja Vu
Beyond the Sea

I'd say it was 60/40 in favour of females. Some people had red Pirate bandanas. I think generally people liked it. A few people said they didnt like it as much as the first, while one girl said it was confusing. I wasnt all that impressed with the first -but i did like this one. There are some great moments but also many things that dont work. Its a visually stunning film and the effects are very good. Biggest gripe is that it is too LONG! Well set up for the 3rd film - probably setup better than Matrix but obviously not as good as LOTR.

Grade: B to B+ (have to think about it)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:22 am
Star Trek XI

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

Beyond the Sea trailer??? Im confused.

:huh: odd, that film came out back in 04 :-k maybe it hast come out in Australia yet :nope: :unsure:

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yeah guys - for some reason Beyond the Sea had a limited release a while back but they now re-released it due to Spacey's appearance in Superman. Really weird I know. Plus we only got one other trailer - Deja Vu. But this is not one of my regular theatres. This one plays less of the blockbusters and more arthouse films - though its part of the major Village chain.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 pm
Forum General

12:01 Sold Out (two other shows also sold out. This has never happened at this theater
before, even for Sith. Yes, it outsold Sith here.
Audience 60/40 female-male ratio/ LOTS of pirate costumes.

Trailers:

Night At The Museum - Good reaction
Transformers - clapping and cheers (this is rare here, the Spidey3 teaser didn't even get that)
Accepted - good reaction, lots of laughing
The Guardian - looks decent, some talking
Lady In The Water - Uh oh. Silence.

The Movie:

This is what an event summer film is all about. It's a lot of fun, great action and very funny.
It's just a tad long, but the ending is worth it and makes you forget the length. Crowd seemed
to enjoy it as much as I did. I didn't hear any negative comments, with lots of people talking
positively about the film outside the theater. (This is much better than X3, which people were
ripping apart after the movie).

I give it a solid B+, which is the highest I rate any popcorn flick. I highly recommend it, and
I'll be seeing it again.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Wow thats weird but being a more artsy theatre it makes abit of sense. But to release something that was released two years ago is crazy to me. IT does remind me that I wante dto see that movie!

Oh wait a sec... Wasnt Kate Bosworth in it as well? This is some kind of conspiracy marketing! They filmed that movie just to be able to put the trailer with SR.

Ive found the subject for my next screenplay,

Conspiracy Theory 2: The Legend of Subliminal Movie MArketing!

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

3:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:00pm, 8:00pm, 10:30pm, and 11:30pm are all sold out.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:41 pm
Extraordinary

Mercado added two 9:00am shows at the last moment, another thing that I had never seen before. Even though I checked after 9am, I assume the demand was high enough to have them sold out.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Mercado added two 9:00am shows at the last moment, another thing that I had never seen before. Even though I checked after 9am, I assume the demand was high enough to have them sold out.

9AM?!?!

That's ridonkulous.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:46 pm
Commander Coo Coo Bananas

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060707/nyf045.html?.v=51

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I'm pegging DMC's midnight sales at around $12 million.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:34 pm
College Boy Z

I'm thinking around $9-10 million from midnight and $40-42 million today.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:37 pm
Extraordinary

I'm looking forward to seeing it again tonight. I've never heard louder applause than during the final shot of DMC.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:39 pm
I can't believe how into it my theater was. There were at least a dozen people dressed up like pirates (one of which was a dead on portrayal of Sparrow, and the guy had the speech pattern going too. seriously). Clapping and cheering when the title came up, tons of applause when Sparrow first appeared. It was a little slow in the first 30-40mintues, but it picked up and the crowd was really into it. Tons of cheering and applause when it was over. All in all it was really something. I always seeem to like movies better when a great theater experience accompanies the viewing.

This is neither here nor there, but i really liked part 3's title. I can't put my finger on it exactly, i just think that the whole world's end thing is great. Also, i hope that Shaman lady is in part 3 also, she was fantastic.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:07 pm
Extraordinary

Without spoiling it, she joins the crew on... their quest ;)

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:08 pm
Good news. If someone had told me 3 years ago that i would be eagerly anticipating Pirates 3, i would have laughed and laughed, and then hit them. I had this boycott of POTC going on, because as a Terminator fan i felt that i had to support T3 and POTC beat it's ass in terms of box office. I only recently warmed up to POTC, when the adds with Jack Sparrow got to me. It was the whole "Elizabeth, you should be in a dress or nothing, and i happen to have no dresses on board" thing that got me.

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:21 pm
Commander Coo Coo Bananas

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/Crowd-Reports.php

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next