Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 KJ User's Bottom 50 Films: DIB2 
Extraordinary

Most of the "old" films on my list are from late night TV viewing which I did a lot of as a teenager, by the way -- not on the original release!

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Well, I figured you didn't see those of the 40s, 50s and 60s during the original release, but still, I don't think you'll find anyone else here with so many older flicks on their list.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Still waiting for Shack's list to come next!

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins, Groucho?! How COULD you!?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:11 pm
Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I've forgot about it for a couple days. I'll start it really soon.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:12 pm
You must have big rats

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

As soon as my name is put in the title, I'll start.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:01 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm starting. Jeff, just edit the title whenever you get the chance.

Here we go...

The problem with Doom, is that it trys to be much too complex than it can possibly pull off. As a result, it just ends up stale. The fact that it is an awful movie technically as well, secures it's fate among the worst.

We snowboard! We're HARDCORE! Honestly, I snowboard too... But the movie still sucks. It has a few laughs, and it's not the worst snowboarding movie ever(I'll get to that later), but it's just bad. Enough to make the list at least.

I like Bruce Willis. I like Matthew Perry. I like The Whole Nine Yards. Bruce Willis in slippers taunting an unbelievable Matthew Perry with a completley awful plot? Nah. Even Willis throwing his bald head through a pyramid of glasses couldn't turn it around.

God, I hate Tim Allen. There was no redeeming quality to it whatsoever.

Even though I only gave this movie like a C, I think it deserves a spot up here. The thing is with Failure to Launch, is that it's the most ordinary romcom humanly possible. Every character acts exactly in the cliche fashion, and everything goes exactly the way it should. It brings absolutely nothing new to the table. Adding to that, the leads have 0 chemistry, and the whole thing seems so wrong.

Did I mention how much I hate Tim Allen?

The biggest problem with Hellboy was that it was boring. Even the lead, who had slight charisma, couldn't achieve much because there was nothing to work with. Boring story, boring villians who are nothing more than slugs, boring side-characters. The atmosphere wasn't even taking itself seriously, it was just so...ugh. Definitly the worst of the recent superhero surge.

STOPP CALLINGGGG MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :hahaha:

How tremendously awful. It's not funny, it's not creepy, it's not appealingly weird. It's just a big pile of poo. Horrible. Nicole Kidman being lovable as always is it's only saving grace.

On one hand, they try to create a serious and gritty movie about Li's dog-like tough lifestyle, as well as his sorrow for his early deceased mother. But when they get to the fighting, he does impossible quadruple backflip kicks and twists in the air. They can't decide if they want this movie to be realistic or not, and by the end everything get's squashed down by the implausability and overall crappiness of it. Surprisingly good? Hell no. Surprisingly total shit? Yep, that's the one.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:59 pm
Extraordinary

I updated all the links in the first post to point to the exact location of where each person's list got started so that you don't have to scroll down to look for the beginning.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

:nonono:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:13 pm
Superman: The Movie

I actually like the majority of the films on that list. Doom and Failure to Launch aren't very good, but the others are at least average or good.

Also, if there isn't someone going after Lecter yet, I'll go.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I'll refrain from continuing the list until whatever is happening with the server is finished.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:17 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

I updated all the links in the first post to point to the exact location of where each person's list got started so that you don't have to scroll down to look for the beginning.

Thanks Xia. ;)

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:05 pm
Devil's Advocate

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:21 pm
I'm Batman

Looking back I find myself agreeing most with Yoshue's list which I had missed earlier.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:33 pm
Extraordinary

So far the only one I have seen (having apparently wisely avoided the others) is Hellboy, which I thought was OK, nothing special.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Plotless torturing for 2 hours straight does not equal a good horror film. The whole thing comes out sick and wrong, and Rob Zombie doesn't know how to make a movie whatsoever.

What a hardcore movie.

BEST ENDING EVERRRRRRR.

... No explanation needed.

It's bad, but definitly not the worst film ever made. Or maybe I don't remember it enough.

With a great premise and a decent cast, and coming after Bedazzled and Blast From the Past, Monkeybone should've been at least salvagable if not great. But there's something about it that's just so ... off. It was extremely weird, but in the most unenjoyable and worst-executed way. Slop.

Coming from someone who hasn't even seen Charlies Angels 1, I have to say this was just poo. "Give us the Rings" was the only good line.

Err...yeah. Other than the fact that it was boring as hell, it was also one of the most retarded movies that I've ever seen. I just don't get the fame for this. Is it famous because it's that bad, I've never really understood it.

Lol. Woohoo Nickelodeon, you guys are really smartening up now!

Poor Matthew Perry. Chandler was the best character on friends, and I still am a fan of his, but he just picks the worst projects. Other than the "I can't believe how bad this is" screenplay, the general plotline of the movie also just makes no sense.

Last edited by Shack on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:23 pm
Superman: The Movie

Good list with the exception of The Grinch and Serving Sara (Just barely). Rollerball is one of the worst remakes I have ever seen.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Agreed on all except Charlies Angels: Full Throttle, which I find to be a fun flick.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:53 pm
You must have big rats

Doom - liked it. Didn't love it, but it provided me with enough fun and is rewatchable.

Failure to Launch - I have seen worse romcoms in the past 12 months. I find it quite enjoyable.

Hellboy - Fun comic adaptation. I'm waiting for the sequel.

The Stepford Wives - It was uneven, but I enjoyed the dark humor. Okay film overall.

Unleashed - lacked a bit in the action department, but other than that, good movie.

The Forgotten - Now here's a truly great film on your list! It ended up in my Top 15 of 2004!

The Grinch - I enjoyed it. Good film for the kids and Carrey is great.

Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - I definitely agree here. It will end up on my Bottom 50 as well. The first movie is fun, you should see it, the second is really bad.

Clockstoppers - Mediocre film, but nowhere near the worst ever

Serving Sara - I don't know if it would end up on my Bottom 50, but it at least will come close. Bad movie.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So basically, so far I agree only on Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and maybe Serving Sara. :)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Normally I wouldn't think of a film like this to put on the disgrace list, but this had a special attribute to it that I felt needed mention. See, the entire promotion of this film is based around Gary Busey. On the DVD his name is right above the title, his picture is on the back, his name is all over the brief, it's displayed as his movie. But here's the thing... He's not in the movie! Well, he is, but it's for as an extra where you briefly see him for about 3 seconds. He has about one word that he says. The fact that the promoters are that damn pathetic, to pull off something like that, puts it on here for me. And oh yeah, the movie was damn bad enough as well.

While there are sequels higher on the list for me, Legally Blonde 2 is probably the most disappointing and shockingly awful drops of quality with a sequel that I've ever had to sit through. Legally Blonde was probably one of the best "chick-movies" that I've ever seen, but this... oh my. It was SUCH a drop, so far. Not only did it destroy all character and plot traits evident in the first movie, it also pushed them so far down the line, to absolute cringe-worthiness.

What happens when you take a already crappy movie like The Grinch, and you recreate exact same formula except this much more beaten around, cheaper, with a lack of ambition or creativity anywhere? The Cat in the Hat!

Another one of those films like Attack the Killer Tomatoes for me, where people have this attitude that "It's so good because it's so bad! It's satire at it's best!" To me, it just seems like a really really bad movie. Quite boring, awkward, not funny, not even creepy, just bad. It's a shame that such a brilliant cast was put to waste on something as worthless as this.

Argh. If there's one movie that I genuinly hate the existence of on this list more than any other, it's this one. Psycho 98 is a disgrace, in every way possible. Not only did remake it in the most uncreative way possible, it also failed horribly at even that. By losing all atmosphere, suspense, Hitchcock's touch, the movie just ends up as a giant shitball. Never should have been made...ever.

Heh, I think KJ(Oh, I just went there) speaks for itself.

Guh, just a really really bad romcom. Nobody has spark, even Uma feels weak. The storyline goes nowhere and is generally not very good at all. At the end, you don't care about any of the characters and the movie feels like a complete tv-movie like waste of time. It just didn't grab any interest in me at all, like 0. Usually that's damn hard for a movie to do for me.

Um...yeah. I mean, the Spice Girls in a movie? Really... not a smart idea. It's a genuine stinker and one of the worst ever, no question about it. Oh, British people and their crazy ideas. Gotta love em'.

Don't ask. MikeQ. knows what I'm talkin' about.

Actually, I own this movie. It was a semi blind buy that I got for about $3 at my local video store. Even though Liv Tyler is uber-hot, and the cast is great, it easily belongs in the worst. If it wasn't for the last scene with the YMCA shootout, it would've been top 10 or top 15 material. The rest of the movie is beyond terrible.

Last edited by Shack on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:02 am
You must have big rats

I love Mars Attacks. Great, great, great fun with an amazing cast.

Spice World is TERRIBLE and will probably land even higher on my list.

Psycho '98 is pretty bad, but I've seen worse.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:13 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

The Cat in the Hat is one of the worst films ever. Great choice.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:43 pm
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Wow havn't looked in this thread in a while!
Anyway I have a confession:
Killer Tomatoes was my guilty pleasure when I saw it back in 2001!

True its bad but I've seen far worst and at least it didn't take itself seirously!

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I have one shocker in my top 20, it might come as a bit unexpected. I know some people would be up in arms about it.

Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next