Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Here Is Some CGI FX Footage From "MEG" or JAWS 5.. 
Mod Team Leader

baumer72 wrote:
ManicForMunich wrote:
Steve Alten is a great guy. He's on my AOL buddy list.

He has an adopt-an-author program and is really an inspiration to anyone who wants to write and sale their first novel.

I had never heard of him before but now he has me intrigued. His writing is mellifluous and intriguing. His gets his technical stuff out there without hitting you over the head with it. Can you do me a favour Loyal?

If you are speaking with him sometime, tell him that there is someone you know who is very much inspired by his "author's note" at the beginning. I have been stagnant with my writing in the lastely. But he has inspired me to kick it up. Tell him that.

tell him loyal. tell him.

And tell him that Baba wants to wash his dirty underwear for him.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
baumer72 wrote:
ManicForMunich wrote:

He has an adopt-an-author program and is really an inspiration to anyone who wants to write and sale their first novel.

I had never heard of him before but now he has me intrigued. His writing is mellifluous and intriguing. His gets his technical stuff out there without hitting you over the head with it. Can you do me a favour Loyal?

If you are speaking with him sometime, tell him that there is someone you know who is very much inspired by his "author's note" at the beginning. I have been stagnant with my writing in the lastely. But he has inspired me to kick it up. Tell him that.

tell him loyal. tell him.

And tell him that Baba wants to wash his dirty underwear for him.

dirty bloody underwear

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Kypade

someone told me that is 100percent CG, water and all.

is that true?

ps, the answer has to be no or i wont believe you, thanks.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:33 pm
htm

is that true?

yes. thats the who point of the website.

look at some of their other clips

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:35 pm
The French Dutch Boy

What am I doing wrong if just a quicktime logo shows up with a big question mark over it? The video won't play.

PEACE, Mike.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:06 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

is that true?

That is true.. Looks great for being in such early stages and no budget finalized yet according to Steve Alten's website that gives me regular updates to my e-mail address while this movie is being created..

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:03 am
Profile WWW

ManicForMunich wrote:

Actually, according to Steve Alten, there re-releasing the Novel "MEG" and giving it a new re-write to spruce things up and tighten the story better than what it's like now..

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

What am I doing wrong if just a quicktime logo shows up with a big question mark over it? The video won't play.

PEACE, Mike.

uum....do you have the latest version!?

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:06 am
The French Dutch Boy

MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

Yes. I don't know why it won't work. I've never gotten this before.

PEACE, Mike.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:28 am
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:
MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

Yes. I don't know why it won't work. I've never gotten this before.

PEACE, Mike.

ooh...well cant help you, sorry :nerd:

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:30 am
The French Dutch Boy

Can anyyyybody help me? Somebody has gotta be technologically competent here...

I want to see the video. :sad:

PEACE, Mike.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:44 am

PEACE, Mike.

What's it reading when you click on it to play it??? Maybe you have to install QUICKTIME to play it.. On a side note, I thought that this topic over at RT that Baba posted for me would've had a better, larger response or discussion about, but I guess not with only 18 replies.. :-k

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:21 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

MikeQ. wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

What's it reading when you click on it to play it??? Maybe you have to install QUICKTIME to play it.. On a side note, I thought that this topic over at RT that Baba posted for me would've had a better, larger response or discussion about, but I guess not with only 18 replies.. :-k

I do have quicktime, and even made sure it was the most recent version, and it is. The update section says my quicktime is fully updated. Instead of the video playing, it's just a picture of the quicktime logo with a big question mark over it. And that's it.

PEACE, Mike.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:26 am
Mod Team Leader

I'm now 25 pages into the book and I am hooked. I love shark stories and this one is already starting out to be a great one. I can't wait until he eats a helicopter.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 am
Profile WWW

I'm now 25 pages into the book and I am hooked. I love shark stories and this one is already starting out to be a great one. I can't wait until he eats a helicopter.

I honestly can't remember if a helicopter gets taken out in the Novel or comes dangerously close to being taken out.. It's been a couple of years since I read this book.. In the end, I'd be anxious to hear your comments on how the book ends cause I thought it was incredibly farfetched and hope to God the movie doesn't end like the book.. :-k

On a side note, wouldn't it be Cool if somehow, they managed to put the character Matt Hooper from JAWS in the movie as a Cameo by Richard Dreyfuss playing a now retired Oceanographer who investigated a Great White Incident 30 Years earlier and make it sort of a homage to JAWS?? Or are we treading on Universal Studio's Property with "MEG" being from New Line Cinema and that being a conflict of interest??

Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

Conflict of interest, sure, but man that would be cool. I'm not sure if you remember the book JAWS BKB, but Hooper does mention the MEG while on board the ORCA. He believes that it is possible for the shark to exist and even spouts off some of the same theories of Jonas. I think that would be a lot of fun to have Dreyfuss in the film. I'm sure NL and Univesal could work something out. Hell, they could just offer the part to Dreyfuss and name his character Mike Hoover. There ya go, case closed. :shades:

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3