Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Here Is Some CGI FX Footage From "MEG" or JAWS 5.. 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Here Is Some CGI FX Footage From "MEG" or JAWS 5..
http://www.flowlines.info/vfxreel.html

Click on this link and go to the "MEGOLODON" Quicktime Footage.. It's not coming up for me, but you might have better luck.. The Posters at CHUD said it looks Amazing for being CGI.. Any truth to this??

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

hmmm....i think it looks a little cartoony, but when it jump out of the water it look freaking sweet :D

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 am
Indiana Jones IV

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:25 am
Profile WWW

hmmm....i think it looks a little cartoony, but when it jump out of the water it look freaking sweet :D

What exactly does it show and how long is the footage?? Can any pics be posted?? When it jumps out of the water, does it look really big and more importantly, does it look like this will at LEAST be better than the Direct To Video movies like SHARK ATTACK 3 or The SHARKHUNTER?? :-k

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:11 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

I think the effects look good, even though you can really tell its CGI ( I could see the cartoony aspect too) but the thing I find interesting is that the shark can go faster than a helecopter more or less going 100 mph.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:35 am
Teh Mexican

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:48 am
Teh Mexican

now that i look at it more, it does look pretty bad.... needs some fixing i guess
.. dont know

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:49 am

there you go :smile:

COLOR ME EXTREMELY IMPRESSED!!! :whaa: I'm not seeing the discerning eye for recognizing this is CGI and looks pretty damn impressive for what something like this would look like at 70 Foot.. These pics give me great hope this will look far better than any of those Direct To DVD movies based on this..

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:30 am
Profile WWW
I believe I read somewhere (perhaps on Steve Alten's site) that they were making MEG a bit smaller.

I don't care how big or small she is. The 3 books were fantastic, and a fourth is coming out in conjunction with the film.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:39 am

I believe I read somewhere (perhaps on Steve Alten's site) that they were making MEG a bit smaller.

I don't care how big or small she is. The 3 books were fantastic, and a fourth is coming out in conjunction with the film.

I think they said the shark would be 60 foot in the movie.. I've only read the 1st Novel "MEG" and while it was a good summer thriller, I'm hoping and praying the movie doesn't have the ending of the 1st Novel being HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILER: They take a page from the Bible with "Jonah and the Whale" and have Dr. Jonas Taylor aim straight for the MEG'S Mouth with his submersible sub and he enters the monster.. Once inside, he proceeds to take the MEG Tooth he carries with him for luck and cut out the shark's beating heart causing the MEG to instantly die.. Problem with this scenario is your expecting the audience to by the theory that a Man could survive the digestive juices of this Shark and that it wouldn't eat through his wet suit and kill him.. Better to just kill this thing in the movie with a Torpedo cause in real life, that's the ONLY way it could be done.. The audience will laugh if they use the ending of the 1st novel in the movie..

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

I'm in. Looks pretty damn cool to me as well. When is this set to release?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

i hate the premise. a shark found at the bottom of the ocean now all the way to the top. the pressure would kill it. this fish shouldn't have any physical characteristics they're showing.

now all i need to do is get over that premise because that footage is awesome

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:59 am
Profile WWW
heres the thing

i hate the premise. a shark found at the bottom of the ocean now all the way to the top. the pressure would kill it. this fish shouldn't have any physical characteristics they're showing.

the book explains that away (sort of). :smile:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:35 am
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
heres the thing

the book explains that away (sort of). :smile:

send me the book. explanations are always good. lack of explanations with acknowledgement to the issue (example: How is this even possible. this is how it should be) is also good. that puts my worrys to rest.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Impressive considering the FX isn't even final yet.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:35 am
Mod Team Leader

The xplanation for something like that was actually given in the novel JAWS. Hooper says that because the fish survived so long at the bottom of the ocean, doesn't mean that they were never higher up. The pressure would therefore not kill them because they have adapted over time to the bottom of the ocean. Therefore because they are adpaptable creatures, they could survive near the top but would not need to as the food chain near the bottot of the ocean is abundant enough to negate the need to surface.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:45 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

The xplanation for something like that was actually given in the novel JAWS. Hooper says that because the fish survived so long at the bottom of the ocean, doesn't mean that they were never higher up. The pressure would therefore not kill them because they have adapted over time to the bottom of the ocean. Therefore because they are adpaptable creatures, they could survive near the top but would not need to as the food chain near the bottot of the ocean is abundant enough to negate the need to surface.

so meg is a fish that may have lived closer to the surface, then moved all the way down about 29000 feet and then came all the way back up?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

baumer72 wrote:

so meg is a fish that may have lived closer to the surface, then moved all the way down about 29000 feet and then came all the way back up?

Not the actual fish in the movie, but the species of it, yes.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
baumer72 wrote:

Not the actual fish in the movie, but the species of it, yes.

not completely satisfied but i'll let it pass.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile WWW
I PRAY that they keep the opening scene from the book in the film.

MEG takes out a T-Rex that wanders too close to waters edge.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:18 pm
Mod Team Leader

Is that for real? Because that would get everyone into the theaters right away. Tell me you are not BSing us...and how do i get the book and what is it called?

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
ManicForMunich wrote:

Is that for real? Because that would get everyone into the theaters right away. Tell me you are not BSing us...and how do i get the book and what is it called?

When the book first came out, the quote that made the media rounds was

Jurassic Shark :biggrin:

There are three books

MEG (first and still the best)
The Trench (good, adds a new aquatic monster, and a Blofeld type villian.
Primal Waters (great follow-up, has a reality show spin)

The opening with the T-Rex BTW in MEG, is not present day (not to confuse anyone). It just sets up how 65 Million years ago, the T-Rex definitely wasn't the apex hunter.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:55 pm
htm

Pretty good stuff. I love this sort of stuff... hehe. :biggrin:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:58 pm
I hope they land Dennis Quaid for the lead. I know I know, he was in JAWS 3D.

But Dr. Jonas Taylor screams Dennis Quaid.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:02 pm
htm

(No, it wasn't the fact that it was a crappy second sequel with a low budget and shit production values)

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next