Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Chicken Little 

What grade would you give this film?
A 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
C 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Chicken Little 
Sbil

Post Chicken Little
Chicken Little

Quote:
Chicken Little is a 2005 computer-animated science fiction family film loosely based on the fable The Sky Is Falling. It was the 46th animated feature produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. The film was animated in-house at Walt Disney Feature Animation's main headquarters in Burbank, California, and released by Walt Disney Pictures on November 4, 2005 in Disney Digital 3-D format along with the standard 2-D version.

It was written by Mark Dindal and Mark Kennedy with the screenplay by Steve Bencich, Ron J. Friedman, and Ron Anderson, and was directed by Mark Dindal.

This was Disney's first fully computer-animated film, as Pixar's films were distributed but not produced by Disney, and Dinosaur was a combination of live-action and computer animation. It premiered on the United States version of the Disney Channel on February 8, 2008, as part of "Phineas and Ferb-ruary".

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:53 pm
Extraordinary

At least it wasn't as cringe worthy as Robots and Madagascar.

C/C-.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:44 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Boy, don't everyone rush in at once to grade this movie.. :lol:

Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Boy, don't everyone rush in at once to grade this movie.. :lol:

No, BKB looks like people just rushed to watch it, not review.

Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Despite a cute protagonist (Zach Braff does a surprisingly un-annoying voice job here) and a relationship between him and his father, which I found to be kind of nice, this film is pretty much in keeping with the downward trend of computer animated films over the past two years: nice animation, frenetic, but painfully unfunny. Painfully.

Can't say I hated it as much as Madagascar or was annoyed with it as much as Robots or Shark Tale. But in essence, it's pretty much on that same level of crap.

Despite having the same director, Emperor's New Groove, this is not.

D+

Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:49 pm
Profile WWW

I went into this film not expecting it to be a rich film, but more so a fun comedy with sily gags, and that is exactly what I got and wanted, this is a great film, comedy wise.

B+

Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:32 pm
College Boy Z

I didn't expect much from Chicken Little, considering the last few computer animated flicks we've gotten (Shark Tale, Robots, etc.), and I got nothing much from it. But, it wasn't bad, unlike the others mentioned.

A few funny one-liners (love the "Let's not sugar coat this -- I've seen roadkill with better reflexes" line), and Zach Braff pulled a decent job.

If it were consistantly funny, and if the last twenty minutes weren't so damn boring, I think this would have been great. But, hey, it's the best computer animated film of the year, if that means anything.

C+

Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:16 pm
Forum General

I didn't expect much from Chicken Little, considering the last few computer animated flicks we've gotten (Shark Tale, Robots, etc.), and I got nothing much from it. But, it wasn't bad, unlike the others mentioned.

A few funny one-liners (love the "Let's not sugar coat this -- I've seen roadkill with better reflexes" line), and Zach Braff pulled a decent job.

If it were consistantly funny, and if the last twenty minutes weren't so damn boring, I think this would have been great. But, hey, it's the best computer animated film of the year, if that means anything.

C+

I actually thought the last 10 or 20 minutes with the little three-eyed aliens was kind of funny (not laugh-out-loud funny, but you know, smirk-inducing or whatever).

I think it's a fine film for kids. It's colorful and kinetic, and not many of the jokes will go over their heads (unlike Madagascar, which was just ridiculous in its attempts at throwing things at the adults).

I just can't give credit to a film that makes me laugh zero times.

Maybe a C-, though.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

B-

meh.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:23 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

A pretty darn good kids movie, though not any kind of all time classic. The characters were good, but the story could have been tightened up thru the middle. I loved the final sequence of the "Hollywood version" of Chicken Little's story!

We saw it in Disney Digital 3D, which was excellent - clear & eyestrain free - only problem was, that it was not really taken advantage of by this particular movie's story. Still, this is the type of technology that George Lucas and James Cameron are working towards in their future film projects, so there's lots of promise there for the coming years...

3 out of 5.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:22 pm
Team Kris

Certainly not for everyone as I was the only one in the theatre laughing at Runt passing off 70's hits as dialogue.

Kind of a muddled film, didn't know if it would be a dark kids flick or a straight up zany one or a relationship-type movie or a straight up meta movie. Some jokes fell flat while some were laugh-out-loud. Fish Out of Water? Adorably retarded character. The movie would have been genius (the alien plotline) but alas wasn't quite able to handle it.

I also have to add that it continues the trend of using "pop" songs as "musical score."

C+

Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:25 am
Extraordinary

I forgot to mention that Disney included their patented "dead parent" storypoint - Chicken Little's dead mother was referred to several times during the movie.

Have they no shame?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 am
Teh Mexican

The animation looks fantastic, and the movie is…. cute and nothing more

Its just pointless, Madagascar is better but its still crap!
Hehe I really liked the porkupine :happy:

C-/D+

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:05 am
Devil's Advocate

Quite the abomination. Just...ugh.

Other than the fact that it was SO damn unfunny, it was also generic as hell. The father that isn't proud of you, the loser teenage lifestyle, the mom that passed away, please. Because it did the impossible of a CGI kiddie flick boring me out of my skull, I rate this as the worst CGI that I've ever seen(much worse than Shark Tale and Madagascar).

Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:43 am
i break the rules, so i don't care

D-

Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:06 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: Chicken Little
It’s got some good scenes and it’s not really ever boring, but it’s forgettable with a generic plot that really has nothing to do with the original fairy tale.

Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]