Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

College Boy Z

Post Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Quote:
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood is a 2002 American comedy-drama film starring Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd, directed and written by Callie Khouri. It is based on Rebecca Wells' novel of the same name and its prequel collection of short stories, Little Altars Everywhere.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:07 pm
You must have big rats

Ashley Judd's performance practically made this movie. The "present time" storyline was surprisingly untouching and uninspired, but I throughly enjoyed the flashbacks, mostly due to Ashley Judd's career-best performance. Sandra Bullock wasn't anything special as weren't Ellen Burstyn and Maggie Smith surprisingly. The movie is still worthwhile watching at least once. I wonder what Libs thought of it. Definitely seems as "her kind of a movie".

Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

C+

Ashley Judd's performance practically made this movie. The "present time" storyline was surprisingly untouching and uninspired, but I throughly enjoyed the flashbacks, mostly due to Ashley Judd's career-best performance. Sandra Bullock wasn't anything special as weren't Ellen Burstyn and Maggie Smith surprisingly. The movie is still worthwhile watching at least once. I wonder what Libs thought of it. Definitely seems as "her kind of a movie".

I didn't actually think it was that great. I'd give it like a C. Ashley Judd was stellar, though.

Also, if you think this was Ashley Judd's career-best performance, I'm wondering if you've seen Ruby In Paradise.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:39 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
C+

I didn't actually think it was that great. I'd give it like a C. Ashley Judd was stellar, though.

Also, if you think this was Ashley Judd's career-best performance, I'm wondering if you've seen Ruby In Paradise.

Nope, I haven't. Just seen all of her newer stuff like High Crimes, Double Jeopardy, Kiss the Girls, Someone like You, Frida, A Time to Kill, Where the Heart Is and this.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

i thought the acting was way over the top!... meh!
i love Sandra Bullock but geez it was bad, hell none of the characters were interesting at all! mostly very annoying!

C-

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]