Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Days of Thunder 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
D 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Days of Thunder 
College Boy Z

Post Days of Thunder
Days of Thunder

Quote:
Days of Thunder is a 1990 American auto racing film released by Paramount Pictures, produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Tony Scott. The cast includes Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Robert Duvall, Randy Quaid, Cary Elwes and Michael Rooker. The film also features appearances by real life NASCAR racers, such as Rusty Wallace, Neil Bonnett, and Harry Gant. Commentator Dr. Jerry Punch, of ESPN, has a cameo appearance, as does co-producer Don Simpson.

This is the first of three films to star both Cruise and Kidman (the other two being Far and Away and Eyes Wide Shut).

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:40 pm
You must have big rats

This is a positive example of a car racing movie. Driven is the negative one. Days of Thunder is by far and away not a flawless movie. Its terribly clichéd and prediactable and the acting isn't always great, but I enjoy Tom Cruise in roles like this one. Moreover, the racing scenes are very well-made and thrilling for the most part. This is no Top Gun, but still pretty good.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Days of Blunder. As usual Cruise plays the cocky race car driver who wears Ray Bans and wants to race!!!
Wee its a Jerry Bruckheimer/Donald Simpson production so its like race cars running over turd

D
3.6/10

Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:44 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Days of Thunder
Awww man I hate this movie more then I hate enema's delivered by an irritable Chimpmunk.

Robert Duvall: Go to the high side you young boyish Tom Cruise Man!!
Tom Cruise: Damn I'm so sexy and handsome..............oh sorry, high side why?? It'll only give me a marginal advantage at best.
Robert Duvall: Nonsense Tom, this is Days of Thunder Land where it suddenly allows the car to handle like a 2007 Mclaren-Mercedes with Ground Effect slapped on.
Tom Cruise: And you managed this with nothing more then a car built in you're own garage and a tiny budget, wow GM and Ford must feel like real morons right about now.
Robert Duvall: Not as much as me for appearing in this cinematic spawn of satan.
Tom Cruise: Huh??
Robert Duvall: Nothing my dear boy, now race to the line and grab that emotional last gasp vistory!!
Tom Cruise: Where Ghost skinned Nicole will be waiting for me, damn im so sexy thank you L Ron Hubbard!

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:49 am
You must have big rats

Gullimont wrote:
Awww man I hate this movie more then I hate enema's delivered by an irritable Chimpmunk.

Robert Duvall: Go to the high side you young boyish Tom Cruise Man!!
Tom Cruise: Damn I'm so sexy and handsome..............oh sorry, high side why?? It'll only give me a marginal advantage at best.
Robert Duvall: Nonsense Tom, this is Days of Thunder Land where it suddenly allows the car to handle like a 2007 Mclaren-Mercedes with Ground Effect slapped on.
Tom Cruise: And you managed this with nothing more then a car built in you're own garage and a tiny budget, wow GM and Ford must feel like real morons right about now.
Robert Duvall: Not as much as me for appearing in this cinematic spawn of satan.
Tom Cruise: Huh??
Robert Duvall: Nothing my dear boy, now race to the line and grab that emotional last gasp vistory!!
Tom Cruise: Where Ghost skinned Nicole will be waiting for me, damn im so sexy thank you L Ron Hubbard!

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Ehhh, the sound is good and some of the racing sequences are exciting. This just feels like it is trying way too hard to be Top Gun though. The story, characters and music are all very corny. Too corny if you ask me.

4.3/10

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]