Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Marci X 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

Marci X 
College Boy Z

Post Marci X
Marci X

Quote:
Marci X is a 2003 romantic comedy film, directed by Richard Benjamin and written by Paul Rudnick. It stars Lisa Kudrow as Jewish-American Princess Marci Feld, who has to take control of a hip-hop record label, as well as the controversial rapper Dr S, played by Damon Wayans.

The film also featured Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Charles Kimbrough, Jane Krakowski, Richard Benjamin and Christine Baranski, and included a brief appearance by former BodyShaping host Jennifer Dempster.

The movie grossed $1,648,818 at the American box office, making it a commercial failure. The movie was critically panned, currently having a 10% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes with the consensus being: " The material is too thin for feature-length and the jokes are socially outdated and clueless."

This movie is rated R for language and sexual content.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:55 pm
Forum General

Wow, this is an example of a movie where people take it way to seriously. Was it a bad movie? Well, yeah, I guess it was but it was so entertaining it was fun to watch. Lisa Kudrow makes the movie, without her, it probably would be pretty bad. Her whole rapping thing is hilarious and how she doesn't know "black talk." I thought it was hilarious, if you're looking for a fun movie on a rainy night, rent MARCI X! Some of the songs were absolutely hilarious! My favorite scene was when Lisa Kudrow was rapping The Power In My Purse. I thought it was absolutely hilarious! I thought it was funny how Lisa Kudrow and Marlon Waynes had basically no chemistry but it didn't really matter. MARCI X is a lot better than other comedies released, it's a hell of a lot funnier than MEET THE FOCKERS, it's an underrated comedy that should've done better. People take it way too seriously.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Marci X
I don't really even think it is a bad movie. I thought it was a blast. I laughed a lot. Wish there was a soundtrack. There were quite a few funny and catchy songs in it. It's not an amazing movie or anything, but definitely underrated. It looked really bad so I understand it flopping, but it's unfortunate it didn't even find an audience on DVD.

7/10 (either a B- or B, not sure)

Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]