Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 National Treasure 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 9 ]
B 39%  39%  [ 7 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 18

National Treasure 
College Boy Z

Post National Treasure
National Treasure

Quote:
National Treasure is a 2004 mystery adventure film from the Walt Disney Studios under Walt Disney Pictures. It was written by Jim Kouf, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio, Cormac Wibberley, and Marianne Wibberley, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and directed by Jon Turteltaub. It is the first film in the National Treasure franchise and stars Nicolas Cage, Diane Kruger, Justin Bartha, Sean Bean, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel, and Christopher Plummer. Cage plays Benjamin Gates, a historian and amateur cryptologist searching for a lost treasure, once protected by the Knights Templar and hidden by the Freemasons during the early years of the United States. A coded map on the back of the Declaration of Independence points to the location of the "national treasure", but Gates is not alone in his quest. Whoever can steal the Declaration and decode it first, will find the greatest treasure in history.

A huge surprise for me. Probably one of the most entertaining films of last year, and with Bruckheimer behind it, it was only better.

A

Last edited by zingy on Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:57 pm
Hot Fuss

***/**** or a B+

Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
We had our time together

Seems like this guy could never disapoint me. I loved National Treasure!! It was sooo much fun! The action wasn't as much as I expected but it didn't bothered me, because the story (!!) was really interesting.

A

Last edited by Riggs on Sun May 08, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:33 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
I LOVE JERRY BRUCKHEIMER!!

Seems like this guy could never disapoint me. I loved National Treasure!! It was sooo much fun! The action wasn't as much as I expected but it didn't bothered me, because the story (!!) was really interesting. A

I agree with you, the action was good but the story and the twists were interesting.

Plus I liked the cast, the computer friend, Jon V, Harvey K, Diane Kruger ( the girl & the one from Troy) and SEAN B.

And Nic Cage was very good in this.

Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Diane Kruger's horrible acting aside, it's a great movie.

I've been a Bruckheimer fan since the 80's. Even his misfires are interesting.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:28 pm
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

Bruckheimer makes the greatest mindless action movies, he has a formula that works and no one has been able to copy.National Treasure is just a fun movie to watch, plus had a chase scene not involving cars....WHOA

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Glad to see that there are actually Bruckheimer fans out there. :D

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:39 pm
Teh Mexican

What a great movie, fun, exciting and the story was very interesting! :)

A-

Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:58 pm
Team Kris

NT was the best movie of last year and one of Bruckheimer's greatest. No one can touch Brcukheimer's movies, he is the greatest.

A+

Sun May 08, 2005 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

NT was the best movie of last year and one of Bruckheimer's greatest. No one can touch Brcukheimer's movies, he is the greatest.

A+

Amen.

Sun May 08, 2005 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Great fun movie in the same way as Sahara. Doesnt take itself too seriously, very adventurous, non crude and recommended for all ages

A-

Sun May 08, 2005 3:23 pm
Extraordinary

I thought the movie was fun and interesting.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun May 08, 2005 4:03 pm
Draughty

After a shaky start, I thoroughly enjoyed it more as it went along. Silly but exciting entertainment with a clockwork like well thought out script and a great last act, just my kind of movie. One of my favorites of the year and maybe my favorite since Pirates.

Diane Kruger was surprisingly good, I feared she'd be overly bland but she was just right. I also liked the sudden appearance of Harvey Keitel who I did'nt know was even in it till he showed up.

Sun May 08, 2005 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I was pleasantly surprised by National Treasure, and I enjoyed it tremendously. It was a great thrill ride, and had some really good suspenseful scenes. I have to buy it on DVD when I get a chance.

A

Mon May 09, 2005 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

There should be more movies like this one. Hollywood wonders why we are getting poor Box Office but it's really simple why: BECAUSE THEY PUTTING OUT TOO MUCH ADULT-ORIENTED FILMS! Did you realize MOST movies that come out today are rated R or not really for kids such as Sin City, Kingdom of Heaven or The Ring 2? We need more movies for kids. The reason The Pacifer, Robots and Hitch this year are the big hits so far is because they are not Adult-only movies and appeal to younger kids. This is one reason why Shrek 2, Spider-Man 2 and especially National Treasure became hits.

This movie is fast paced, no sex, hardly any (if any) violence, and is perfect for kids and adults alike. This movie serves up a great mix of intrigue, old-school romance and fast paced adventure. Which is what movies should be about. Sure, it's a Da Vinci Code remake but it's one for kids. The Da Vinci Code seems too much for the older folks. Critics hated this movie because they expected something like The Godfather. BUT IT'S A KIDS FILM and it did amazingly well at the Box Office. Overall, I loved this movie. 10/10.

Tue May 10, 2005 9:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Mod Team Leader

I'm not sure how someone could not enjoy a film like this.

A

Sat May 14, 2005 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

I saw this in the theater and was very pleasantly surprised.

It is a throwback to the adventure films of the 1980s and I was having a lot of fun watching it. B+

Sat May 14, 2005 9:14 am
La Bella Vito

Bump. I'm watching this later tonight. I hope Zingaling is right. :)

Mon May 30, 2005 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Just watched it last week - alot of fun. I thought Diane Kruger was hot and actually pretty good. Nick Cage was the same old same old but its like a taster for The Da Vinci Code, Which im pooping my panties over.

Mon May 30, 2005 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I just finished watching the movie this afternoon. Going into it, I wasn't expecting much, but I loved it. It was an exciting movie, not only in the sense of action but the story itself was great. I liked the acting for the most part... Diane Kruger got on my nerves a bit; I really don't like her acting much. Nicolas Cage, however, was very good.. but then again, I've always been a fan, so I could be a bit biased ;). I really liked Justin Bartha's character, too, and it was such a jump from his character in Gigli. Yes, it was a bit like The DaVinci code, but it was something more family-friendly that people of all ages could enjoy. I'd give this an A

Mon May 30, 2005 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

I wasn't expecting much, but I was blown away by how good this film actually was. It had the best pacing I have seen for this kind of movie. I was never bored for one second, and that is saying a lot. There was more action then talking, which helped it a lot. It felt a lot like an Indiana Jones type movie, with the whole Treasure plot. Nicholas Cage seemed a little bland, but his hilarious sidekick played by Justin Bartha made up for it. Diane Kruger was also pretty good, and I was surprised to see Jon Voight and Harvey Kietel in this, and they both do good with their roles. Definitely one of the most action packed movies of the year, and one of the best. Sure, the plot stinks, and there are plenty of plot holes. But this movie is not meant to be taken seriously, and if you just sit back and relax, you will enjoy it a great deal.

A-

Tue May 31, 2005 2:49 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Lots of fun, nothing else, nor was it trying to do anything else.

- B/B+

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:04 am
Veteran

Fun movie with a great cast. It was nice to sit down and watch this with my kids and not have to make them leave the room. Did anyone else notice that Nicolas Cage is looking old? My grade: B+.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:32 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

National Treasure must be one of the most overhyped movies I have seen in recent times. Not that it's a bad movie, not by any means, but it's nowehere even near the old Indy flicks or even the first The Mummy flick (better than the second, though). Let's face it, as much as even I love Nicholas Cage, he is not Harrison Ford's Indy. His acting is good and contributes to the overall good quality of the movie, but he doesn't have that special dry humor and those cool face expressions that Ford's Indy could come up with, heh. Just not charming enough for a cool adventurer.

Moreover, due to its PG-rating the movie was too tame for its own good. Not to say that there weren't good scenes. The chase scene in Philadelphia was masterfully done and the scene in which Cage's character steals the Declaration of Independence kept me on the edge of my seat. The entire plotline was quite intriguing as well, but the movie simply lacked enough fascinating action pieces as well as good humor. Also, the ending was highly anti-climatic and brought down the overal movie, in my opinion.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

Well if you went into it expecting an adventure film like Mummy or Indy, then no wonder you were disappointed, I would have been too. It's just a nicely well made family film. I didn't notice it being overhyped, in America it was a sleeper hit that wasn't expected, but I guess by the time you got to see it, the media had way overhyped it. A shame. Try to see it again some day and just judge it the way you would a family movie, not a real adventure flick.

Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next