Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)

This is great. Seeing Taker like this is refreshing.

Queue Jim Cornette going on a rant about kayfabe and Taker's character being ruined later today. :funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Angel Garza and Andrade v. Street Profits happened again on Raw tonight. According to Twitter, this is the sixth time in the last ten weeks...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

So Retribution is now Slipknot? :funny:

Not too excited for Clash of the Champions on Sunday. Payback and Summerslam were both very good though, so hopefully they keep that streak going.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:28 pm
The Kramer

Moxley v Eddie Kingston for the title added to Dynamite tonight. :ohmy:

Edit: Lance Archer has covid, thus the change of plans.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:00 pm
100% That Bitch

So outbreaks in AEW and WWE as we speak.

how long until 100% of both companies are infected?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 pm
100% That Bitch

Roman and Alexa are owing WWE rn.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 am
New Server, Same X

Alexa Bliss staring at Roman Reigns might be the best thing I've seen all year in WWE. Certainly up there with the lights coming back up on Cena and the camera pans to reveal The Fiend standing there.

How does Smackdown have so much decent storytelling, even long-term storytelling, but RAW feels like a repeat every single week?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:01 pm
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Roman and Alexa are owing WWE rn.

Until Roman Reigns is champion for more than a month and the FICKLE fans start complaining he's the new Brock Lesnar.

Roman as a heel is better than anything he's done since the original Shield run. Better than that too I'm sure, but it's hard to compare with that five year stretch where they needlessly tried to make him the next John Cena.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:01 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm watching RAW right now. What started as a potentially decent idea with Retribution is just silly now. The masks, the shaky camera when they're present, the one dude with a combination of Bale's Batman voice and Hardy's Bane voice. It feels like a bad 90s WWF gimmick that'll disappear in a few months, if not sooner.

I'm not into RAW Underground. I don't get what the point is.

And WWE's idea of a sustainable tag team division is just showing the same two tag teams feuding for months and having the same match every single week.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:12 pm
The Kramer

The Retribution name unveiling reminded me of Dodgeball.

“This is Blade. This is Laser. And this... is Blazer.”

:funny:

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a molotov cocktail!

Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:18 pm
100% That Bitch

Is it wrong I'm more excited about Alexa playing a part in both single title matches on the smackdown side?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:30 pm
100% That Bitch

Welp, Roman finally broke outnof his cena wannabe shelf.

That main event was perfect

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:47 pm
Devil's Advocate

HHH vs HBK at Wrestlemania next year? I just watched the HHH anniversary episode and it seemed way too high tension with HBK being mean. I honestly thought he was going to get superkicked and Vince was going to kayfabe fire him and replace him with HBK, which would've made the segment an awesome set up like Tommy's death in Goodfellas. With no turn it just came off weird with no crowd. Since they're a year too early to set up that match, maybe it will be meaningful in the future, like Batista having an awkward moment with HHH on an anniversary special that foreshadowed their feud? Then again how could you get away with HBK being the heel in that feud?

Drew McIntyre is having a lot of fun and showing his real personality as champion. Another person having fun is Bayley who I find more hilarious as her title reign goes on. The Big Show after WM match was a cool idea to start Drew's reign. I prefer Drew to Braun so far who you can tell immediately why this wasn't the plan for him. The longer Braun is the champion the probability of Sheamus entering the world title picture approaches 1 (I get it, there's only so many heels who are physical threats to him and he already went through the Lashleys and Corbins, but do it after he loses it when he need something to do for 3 months instead of the worst title feud since Jinder vs Nakamura please...)

Alestair Black is one of my favorite in ring workers right now. By putting him against Apollo Crews (shockingly good match), Oney Lorcan and Austin Theory the weeks after WM he seems like their go-to for the guy who makes up and comers look good. Now they just need to find a way to write in Zelina as his mouthpiece cause he needs it.

My favorite Wrestlemania matches were the Boneyard match, Flair vs Ripley, Owens vs Rollins, the ladder match, and Firefly funhouse, with women's tag title being the sleeper really good match. Most disappointing match was Bryan vs Zayn since they didn't let them do it. Edge and Orton needed more creative stuff than punching each other in the face for like 25 of the 35 minutes in the match.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:56 am
The Kramer

I WANT YOU TO CALL ME TRIBAL CHIEF!!!!

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:50 am
100% That Bitch

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I WANT YOU TO CALL ME TRIBAL CHIEF!!!!

This x 1000

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:21 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

This is the Roman we've been wanting for a long time. The idea, as many have speculated already, is to set-up a Reigns/Rock match at WrestleMania next year, and for once, that'd be a great match-up!

Also, RAW sucks, and it has sucked for months now. While Smackdown is great, and has gotten better and better for months now. The TV ratings show this as well.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:39 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

RAW feels like it's been on repeats since April. I'm stoked for Drew McIntyre, but he's been given little to work with. I was into Randy Orton getting the title, but it feels like they've waited too long and involved too many people in the storyline.

Speaking of, I almost liked the whole night vision thing at the end, it made the chaos of it all feel worse (I assume they did it because Flair can't take any bumps). But then they horror movie'd it at the end by having him come out, put up his hood, and point the refs and officials to the legends lounge...? First, why would they not know where to go if they were alerted to something happening? Also... are we back to pretending the cameras don't exist and everyone won't be privy to who attacked them?

And I'm sick of the Mysterios.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 am
New Server, Same X

I praise Smackdown for some long-term storytelling, but RAW is doing that with a bunch of different angles (Orton attacking the legends again and vying for the WWE Championship; Rollins and the Mysterios; whatever they're doing with the tag division), but none of it progresses. It just stays the same. I barely watch RAW now, but I don't get what they're doing with Seth, Rey and Dominik. It's so fucking old now. Unlike Rey's daughter, who they inexplicably put in the ring with Jerry Lawler this week. Yikes.

Orton is the worst though. They had so much potential with him since Edge. He took out all the "legends", which was fine. A retread of his older storylines but whatever. They all came back Sunday and he took them out again Monday. Why redo the storyline again?

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am
100% That Bitch

WWE will takeover their twitch accounts AND their profits. wtf? is that even legal?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:14 pm
Top Poster

Reigns promo skills has improved so much since aligning with Paul Heyman,

Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Roman Reigns went from one of the most disappointing, over-exposed, over-promoted babyfaces of all time to one of the best heels of the last last decade.

Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:42 pm
Devil's Advocate

Cringing at Orton vs Edge being advertised as the GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER before it happens. They even rolled out C level WWE and Universal feuds so it has no competition as the biggest match of the night. No pressure or anything.

I wouldn't have guessed that bringing back MVP would have such positive benefits for them instead of just some low level jobbing. He would be a perfect GM of Raw and already kind of feels like he is.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:20 am
100% That Bitch

YAS at NXT burying Velveteen.

Get that pedophile away from my screen

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:28 pm
100% That Bitch

Mustafa Ali Is the leader of retribution and suddenly they becoming good.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm now rooting for "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever" to end with an RKO in 5 seconds :lol:

Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192 ... 235  Next