Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Orton and Sasha are the only things worth watching on Raw now.

As for former WWE guys in AEW ... yeah I can see your point. I wish they made more of an effort to give them new characters. Dynamite is still the best weekly show though, I never feel like I'm wasting my time watching it.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:34 pm
New Server, Same X

I haven't watched Dynamite much at all, but with my growing dissatisfaction with WWE, I'm giving it more attention. I guess it helps that the last two weeks and tonight are special "non-PPV" PPV shows.

The ex-WWE guys thing is purely on me. They of course are going to hire some of these guys and some of them have better gimmicks (at least Brodie Lee is talking). It just reminds me too much of TNA and IMPACT sometimes, and I do not want AEW to become IMPACT.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:03 pm
New Server, Same X

I didn't realize it until today, but my issue with WWE is that they're pushing new talent that was made to look weak and mid-level as recently as six months ago. They put so much stock into a small number of guys (Lesnar, Roman, Goldberg), and now that they're all gone or on hiatus, the guys that should have been given chances (Drew, Braun, Lashley, Bray) are getting the spotlight and they are largely sucking at it because they were made to look so weak by always putting over the chosen ones.

I think Drew and Braun are great champions, well-deserved and they hold their own in their own ways. But man... WWE has done so much to kill them at every turn to put over someone else (Brock over Braun, Roman over Drew) that they feel like placeholders. They'll probably get the blame for low ratings, but the blame is still on Vince and not building and nurturing new stars and instead focusing millions of dollars and YEARS of championship reigns by a Brock Lesnar.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm
The Kramer

I think Drew is working as champion, but Braun.. eh. I'm glad he's getting a run, but also wouldn't be upset/surprised if he just lost it on a random Smackdown one day. Feels like that type of reign.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Drew is a good champion, but he was booked badly up until Royal Rumble this year. Plus they have given him opponents that have been booked equally poorly. Lashley... Ziggler... even Seth Rollins is so wildly uneven in how they book him.

I assume The Fiend will take the title off Braun at Summerslam. But that opens some new issues after that, as their booking of Bray/The Fiend has been rough too, especially when he's champion.

Watched both nights of Fyter Fest and also Fight for the Fallen. I'm generally impressed with them. Not sure what they're going for with their obvious ripoff of Brock and Heyman with Taz managing Brian Cage. Taz dropping "shit" into every promo doesn't make him as good (or even half as good) as Heyman for promos.

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:59 pm
The Kramer

Really great Dynamite this week. Eddie Kingston shined in his debut. The Bucks falls count anywhere match was as ridiculous as you'd expect, pushing towards the sure-to-be epic triple threat for the tag titles at All Out. And hey, Sammy graduated from "don't talk about raping girls" camp early!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Never heard of Eddie Kingston but he impressed me on his debut. Solid match.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:41 pm
The Kramer

Bye bye Kairi. :(

I think she would have become women's champion one day, but I can't blame her for wanting to get away from Nia Jax.

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

What's the story behind Kairi leaving? (Not near my PC and researching it on my phone is too annoying.)

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Corpse wrote:
What's the story behind Kairi leaving? (Not near my PC and researching it on my phone is too annoying.)

She got married and moved to Japan go be with boo.

Also WWE is having record breaking profits during a pandemic is lulz. They nearly quadrupled their expectations ?thanks to cuts in production budgets thanks to producing from the PC)

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm
Top Poster

Interesting, does that mean even after pandemic is lifted, they might not go back to touring schedule?

They could limit travel to just a few times a year, say Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and maybe the Smackdown and Raw on the same weekend. Or only Saudi Arabia shows.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

There's a lot of BS on WWE lately, but Ric Flair got me last night.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:21 pm
100% That Bitch

golden role models vs Asuka is the best thing going on wrestling.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:25 am
The Kramer

I wonder if they really are gonna make Asuka have two matches or just go on with a winner-take-all tag team match with NXT Champion Io Sharai taking Kairi's place.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 pm
100% That Bitch

whatever they do it has to end with asuka staning on top of them

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:16 pm
The Kramer

Sasha v Bayley is gonna be one of the 2021 Mania Main Events, so I don't they can slow them down too much. Sasha will definitely lose, but I think Bayley remains a strong heel no matter what.

Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Renee Young is reportedly leaving the WWE. Her last appearance is speculated to to be SummerSlam this Sunday.

Very big loss for them. Wish her the best.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Writing has been on the wall for awhile. Odds are she will go to AEW with Mox, but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see her branch out. Could easily host a talking head show on ESPN.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:00 pm
The Kramer

AJ v Jeff Hardy was on Smackdown? Wtf? So AJ isn’t gonna have a summerslam match? Are they actively trying to lose fans?

Good thing this weeks Dynamite is loaded! Hoping Cody drops the title to Brodie. His heel turn is right around the corner.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I don't know everything surrounding Velveteen Dream, and I'd just to believe WWE wouldn't bring him back/feature him prominently if their investigation wasn't thorough, but it just seems like a PR nightmare they wouldn't want to be involved in. But at the same time, this could certainly ruin the man's career, and if he's "innocent", that'd be a shame. I wonder if they'll act on it as it isn't going away.

Also, Brodie won in an apparent squash match. I missed it, but sounds good to me.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Well they finally did it. They made us watch a bad NXT Takeover. I never thought I'd see the day.

Io v Dakota was the only good match.

McAfee did alright, but it was hard to care about the match itself. Balor v Thatcher was also alright, hard hitting match, but the entire time I was wondering why Finn was in NXT if they were just gonna have him run through the midcard all year.

The ladder match had some decent spots, but we've seen so many of these types of matches now that it just blended in with the rest. And plus, who cares who wins if none of those people could actually beat the former champ - Keith Lee (double plus, bad idea to vacate one of your titles and then lose the other one right away.) And triple plus, I used to be a big Dream fan, and might have even defended bringing him back amongst all the sexting teenagers accusations (it does kinda fit his gimmick) if he was still his old self. Yet he is not his old self, and he might be a pedophile. What was the point of bringing him back?

The biggest problem of the night though? Karrion Kross sucks. He does, there's no way around it. He's the worst champ since Bobby Roode, though at least Roode had a fun entrance instead of one that is super try-hard-gothy. Having him beat Lee only a few months after Lee became the man makes me not wanna watch the show anymore.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:48 am
The Kramer

Summerslam was great!

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yep. I decided to watch this one (first PPV this year!) and it delivered. Hopefully Asuka doesn't have a concussion from that powerbomb from Sasha. It was executed perfectly, but she certainly landed hard.

Is Reigns a heel now, I wonder? No live audience would be a good means of testing this out.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Yep. I decided to watch this one (first PPV this year!) and it delivered. Hopefully Asuka doesn't have a concussion from that powerbomb from Sasha. It was executed perfectly, but she certainly landed hard.

Is Reigns a heel now, I wonder? No live audience would be a good means of testing this out.

I'm guessing no. The new t-shirt and attacking both The Fiend and Strowman suggests to me they're trying a bold "Reigns as Austin" approach. Not to mention both Fiend and Strowman were technically pushed as heels. Neither were outright faces in this one.

I would gladly welcome a heel Reigns. Bayley is proof that a stale face run can be fixed by a strong heel run.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:08 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE fans living up to their rock-solid reputation of pure class and dignity by displaying images of Chris Benoit, a man dressed in his best KKK threads, and footage of a beheading in the Thunderdome.

When people wonder why Vince McMahon would be happy to never have to deal with live in-arena audiences again, this is why.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 ... 235  Next