Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
So... how about that Jim Cornette? It's never a good thing when his name is trending, but this is something else. :|

Many of the biggest names in wrestling, like Lesnar and Orton, were in OVW at the time, too. :blink:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

#speakingout I'd kind of iconic. Long time comong

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:45 am
New Server, Same X

Jim Cornette is a slimeball? Who could have predicted that one? My biggest shock of it is that he's married.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 pm
The Kramer

Every time I hear a wrestler talk about Jim Cornette he always comes off as someone who refuses to let the old ways die. So thinking that he could do whatever he wanted to his female employees doesn't sound out of character at all. Hopefully his toxic mentality didn't make its way into the heads of anybody we'd consider to be good people.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:50 pm
New Server, Same X

Just recently he publicly shamed Becky Lynch for choosing family over wrestling. The dude is not a wrestling aficionado as I once thought, he has an unhealthy obsession with wrestling that bleeds into his life in a toxic way. He can't see the world in any other terms besides wrestling.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:00 pm
100% That Bitch

Damn! Will we hear of Vince McMahon in all of this? The fact the highest WWE employee hit I'd Jordan Devlin is lulz

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Cornette's response today basically confirms he was indeed signing/booking/favoring talent if they fucked his wife (or let her fuck them, rather). He'd certainly respond beyond a sarcastic tweet otherwise. The pictures and messages from his wife are hard to dispute of course.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Matt Riddle now accussed too, he has to be the biggest one so far.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 pm
100% That Bitch

add Velveteen Dream to the list, and he deleted twitter.
Galager released by WWE. whata wild day

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:57 am
100% That Bitch

Will Ospreay now getting dragged thru the mood.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It would appear that Undertaker is retiring this year. Of course, this doesn't mean he won't ever compete in some capacity again, but it may be quite some time.

Imagine the crowd reaction (assuming we get crowds again) in say... three or four years if (when) his music hits to answer or challenge someone.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And there are more and more allegations, accusations, and more (such as video, audio, and photo evidence...) of more wrestlers surfacing/resurfacing in recent days. I feel this may be about to really explode in the coming days/weeks.

I haven't listened to the audio myself, but Sammy Guevara said he wanted to rape Sasha Banks. A few are defending him by saying it was just a "joke", but c'mon... Why use THAT word?

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Aww Sammy you should have stuck to the cards.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:31 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
It would appear that Undertaker is retiring this year. Of course, this doesn't mean he won't ever compete in some capacity again, but it may be quite some time.

Imagine the crowd reaction (assuming we get crowds again) in say... three or four years if (when) his music hits to answer or challenge someone.
The documentary showed, more than anything else, how much he has been looking for the "right match' to go out on. So if Taker does retire then I'm glad he got his final wish of having one more for the history books.

But we're in the Cinematic Era now and he has to face Sting at some point. It would be ridiculous if that match never happened.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:33 pm
New Server, Same X

Wrestling being full of toxicity doesn't shock me. I'm more shocked this didn't explode during the #MeToo movement. I'm sure some of the women, especially during the bra and panties era of the early to mid 2000s would have some stories that would sink careers, but I'm sure the men do too.

Sammy saying he wants to sleep with Sasha Banks would be a sleazy thing to say, but I'm sure he could get away with it. Wanting to "rape" her just adds way too much to it. Joke or not, it's not a funny joke and it isn't a wise thing to say out loud.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:38 pm
New Server, Same X

This is genuinely the worst year ever for wrestling, specifically sports entertainment. Coronavirus killed live attendance and slashed profits all across the board, and now this blowing up. If it seeps into bigger names and current talent, it could end up having severe consequences. It's just a matter of how far up this will go.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:40 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
This is genuinely the worst year ever for wrestling, specifically sports entertainment. Coronavirus killed live attendance and slashed profits all across the board, and now this blowing up. If it seeps into bigger names and current talent, it could end up having severe consequences. It's just a matter of how far up this will go.
And today it got even worse with several Covid scares, including AEW Champ Jon Moxley possibly contacting someone with it. Plus the new tri state quarantines mean you can’t just travel back and forth to Florida if you happen to live there. Will have to move basically.

WWE hasnt named anyone but there was at least one wrestler.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:34 pm
100% That Bitch

Welp, covid19 outbreak confirmed, up to 40 cases inwwe including wrestlers, production, referees and everything in between.

Way to go WWE.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm
The Kramer

#RomanWasRight

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:07 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Renee Young has confirmed she has COVID-19.

Certainly not looking good, and you know WWE in particular won't put the show on hold either.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:19 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Extreme Rules: THE HORROR SHOW

Terrible subtitle for a ppv, but kind of apt for the current state of pro wrestling. :wacko:

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:28 pm
New Server, Same X

Does... does The Horror Show have some sort of history to its name? Where did it come from? Even in October, it wouldn't make sense. At least Great Balls of Fire was previously a song.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 pm
New Server, Same X

Was there a bigger disappointment than the Smackdown sendoff for The Undertaker? Replaying the Boneyard Match and doing some half-assed tributes for him. Why not wait until crowds are back? How do we know he won't do another pre-taped match at Wrestlemania next year? He's technically retired a few times now.

I wonder if he was pissed at Jeff Hardy doing the "down on one knee, hand raise" at the end of Smackdown. He supposedly was pissed when Bubba Ray did the "eyes rolling in the back of his head" thing 20 years ago.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 pm
The Kramer

I think they needed something to fill time and distract from the covid outbreak. Taker’s doc finale happened to air recently so it fit into their plans.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm pretty bored with RAW lately. I skipped a lot of it last night. Apparently Seth and Kevin Owens are wrestling each other? Again? They've wasted Aleister Black. Bianca Belair debuted... disappeared... and now she's a tag team with Ruby Riott? OK. Dolph Ziggler gets another meaningless title shot at Extreme Rules (please don't make me use the full name). I have no idea why they've brought in Flair with Orton, considering Orton is fine on his own. Unless we're setting up Orton doing a punt kick on Flair soon. Big Show is hanging around for some reason? The only entertaining part of RAW is the team of Bayley and Sasha Banks. Man, are they finally getting a push? Only took them years to do it, even though people complain we only ever get Becky, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley getting the spotlight.

Meanwhile I watched quite a bit of Fyter Fest and enjoyed it. It's hard for me to see the ex-WWE guys and take them seriously though. I know he's just a whole gimmick but I liked Orange Cassidy against Jericho. I knew he'd never beat Jericho but it was a fun match.

Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189 ... 235  Next