Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Binged the shit out of Control Z 1 in a day. finished the first season in one seating.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 23, 2020 1:26 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just final episodes of Arrow Season 6 and saw and half way through Season 7. The series definitely suffers from a compelling villain to carry the main story. There were too many filler episodes in the middle which did not give room for the main story to grow which in the last few episodes became repetitive (He is arrow, oh he is not, repeat repeat repeat). Uncovering Arrow's identity is the only main focus of the villain which did not make sense with what follows. Season 7 even though decent isn't on par with first few seasons.

Sat May 23, 2020 1:57 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Watching season 2 of "Homecoming" which unfortunately feels rather aimless and pointless after the majestic first season. You can definitely tell Sam Esmail is not behind the camera this time.

Sat May 23, 2020 11:09 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

That was thoroughly mediocre.

Onto "The Great."

Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I started "Love Life" on HBO Max which I'm really enjoying thus far.

Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

The new Looney Tunes are great.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 27, 2020 3:13 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Just finished Season 1 of WHY WOMEN KILL.

From creator Marc Cherry of Desperate Housewives fame.

Thought it was great. Three stories (in the same house) from the 60s, 80s and today run parallel and it’s damn entertaining. Top notch acting from Ginifer Goodwin and Lucy Liu.

Worth watching.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri May 29, 2020 8:24 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finished Season 5 (final season) of She-Ra (Netflix) yesterday. The early episodes of seasons 1 and 2 are a little too "friendship is magic" (and kind of cheap budget looking), but the show really picks up and the final season--and especially the final episode--are great. Recommended.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun May 31, 2020 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I finally finished binging Defending Jacob last night and while the show itself might not be great I really did enjoy it overall, although I know some will be very bothered by the ending. Really fantastic performances from Chris Evans and Michelle Dockery and if you ask me this was definitely another win for Apple TV+.

Sun May 31, 2020 3:51 pm
New Server, Same X

Finally watching Schitt's Creek. It's delightfully screwball and so, so Canadian.

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 pm
100% That Bitch

I'm about to end Crazy ex Girlfriend rewatch with my boyfriend up to episode 15 of the fourth season and there had never been a better tv show.

Crazy ex Girlfriend is the best tv show ever for me. Best showing of a mental health issue while spinning its titlte on its head and making a feminist statement it's just. UGH. Speechless at the best I have ever seen

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:12 am
100% That Bitch

Binged the shit out of 13 Reasons why final season and it's miles ahead from the iple of shit that was the third season.

It still wasn't that good.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:19 pm
100% That Bitch

So yeah I have some issues with the show again. Especially mental health. The way they showed Clay's OBVIOUS Schizophrenia diagnosis and treatment to the side for a somewhat whatever ending?

then giving their best character aids and a horrible death in the finale? FUCK THIS SHOW man.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm about halfway through the final season. It's definitely an improvement from the third season but it's kind of absurd how far it has strayed from seasons 1 and 2 in terms of tone and plot. I never thought watching the first season this would become a bizarre psychological thriller/horror series.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:29 am
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

thompsoncory wrote:
I'm about halfway through the final season. It's definitely an improvement from the third season but it's kind of absurd how far it has strayed from seasons 1 and 2 in terms of tone and plot. I never thought watching the first season this would become a bizarre psychological thriller/horror series.

The thing is they just brush it off in the end. It IRKS me because of how much they fucking BOTCHED the entire concept of "mental health" when it was right there and they decided not to give it the respect it deserved.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yep I finished this yesterday as well and agree while it's better than season 3 and a little better than Season 2, the series completely strayed away from the original season's concept into teen soap instead of actually tackling the hard issues.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:15 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I just started Space Force didn't love it. It has a lot of references from The Office but even with so very many talented actors and good budget it fails to get a single chuckle. Maybe it will improve after Episode 1.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 pm
Star Trek XI

I'm on episode 7 of The Great right now and while it isn't my usual kind of show (not huge into historical/period shows and movies) and is a little slow, I'm really enjoying it! Elle Fanning (I love her and her sister so much) and Nicholas Hoult are amazing and the whole cast is hilarious and great. So outlandish and funny, haven't seen a show willing to "go there" since Shameless (which I still need to watch 9 and 10). I love Catherine so much, Elle should be in Emmy/Golden Globes conversation as should Nicholas.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:19 pm
The Kramer

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I just started Space Force didn't love it. It has a lot of references from The Office but even with so very many talented actors and good budget it fails to get a single chuckle. Maybe it will improve after Episode 1.
Episode 1 was my least favorite and Episode 2 was my favorite. If you don't like that one then you can probably quit. :hahaha:

I don't know what to watch next. I feel like I only have animated stuff on my list and don't wanna burn out on it before diving into Harley Quinn Season 2 when all episodes are available in a few weeks. Maybe time to dive back into Better Call Saul.

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:03 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I finished "Defending Jacob." What a lackluster series. It wasn't bad per se and the performances were good but it was so conventional I'll forget about it in a month or less.

I also caught up on "Love Life" which I find very charming.

Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:28 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

I finished "Love Life" which was wonderful. The last few episodes were really affecting.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finished Ragnarok yesterday. It's quick and fast paced and does well with its minimal budget.

Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:24 pm
Forum General

I enjoyed Space Force for what it was, but I get why it won't be everybody's cup of tea, however I found it pretty damn funny for the most part. Both the final season of 13 Reasons Why and the second season of Homecoming were pretty disappointing though, especially 13 Reasons which had so much promise in the beginning, but became something else entirely after that first great season and its sad seeing this show go just so far off the rails.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:08 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I am yet to finish Space Force but I just started Schitt's Creek and couldn't walk away from it. Binged Season 1 and Season 2 in last two days and the cast is SO GOOD here. Also watched two episodes of The Stranger which was uneven yet has a good mystery to it.

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:40 am
Wallflower

Jack Sparrow wrote:
I just started Schitt's Creek and couldn't walk away from it. Binged Season 1 and Season 2 in last two days and the cast is SO GOOD here.

Yay! I actually started watching it for the third time the other night with a friend. My third viewing since I started it at like the end of March. :wub2:

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next