Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
NXT and AEW had a literal tie in the ratings

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:49 am
New Server, Same X

TLC is one weird PPV. Only three title matches scheduled, and all three are the tag title matches.

The only other TLC match is Roman vs. Corbin. Please for the love of God, don't make that the main event. I don't even hate Corbin that much but he can't main-event another PPV in 2019.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:09 pm
New Server, Same X

It's smart to have Bray wrestle as himself this Sunday. It could add something new. But I really hope they don't have The Fiend show up in the match. It would obviously be someone dressed as The Fiend, unless they could pull off a quick change under the ring, and I don't want there to be some supernatural element to the character. I didn't like Bray appearing on screen and then seconds later, The Fiend is in the ring. They should not pretend in any way that they are two separate characters.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:11 pm
New Server, Same X

I enjoyed the Bray/Miz segments last night for the most part, but I wish WWE had a tad more attention to detail. Miz and Maryse stood staring at the iPad for an eternity while creepy puppets show up in their daughter's bed? Then they run upstairs and the camera man is in the room already. How hard is it to stop for ten minutes and plan a more realistic encounter? And the puppets should have been stationary, the movement suggests a supernatural element that's been integrated into the character that I don't necessarily like.

But the Firefly Funhouse worked. I want a replica of that creepy doll.

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:00 pm
100% That Bitch

Poor Kairi

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:56 pm
100% That Bitch

Also Asuka kayfabe murdered Charlotte and Becky in a two on one disadvantage, talk about a huge push

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:07 pm
100% That Bitch

So what's the biggest moment of the decade for you guys?
Is it AEW launching? Is it DB returning from career ending concussions? Women's WM main event?

Nah, my moment of the year is Brock Lesnar ending the Streak. And it will be the moment of my life as a wrestling fan.

Match of the decade: Shawn vs Taker WM XXVI.
Whenw as the last time the two same wrestlers had the match of the decade back to back?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:24 pm
The Kramer

Mania 30 as a whole. The opening with Hogan, Austin and the Rock, Bryan beating HHH then winning the title later on, Taker’s streak going down- and this was all after the best performer in the company infamously quit out of nowhere. Amazing show. #2 would be summerslam from the year before with Bryan upsetting Cena and Punk v Lesnar.

Match of the decade:
WWE: CM Punk v Brock Lesnar
NXT: Johnny Gargano v Andrade Cien Almas
AEW: Jericho v Darby Allin (i didn’t watch the first few ppvs though)
Everyone else: Pick an Okada match

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:27 pm
The Kramer

And obviously the Pipe Bomb is the best promo of the decade, maybe best ever.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm
New Server, Same X

Did they just build up the return of Liv Morgan to be Lana's secret lesbian girlfriend? What?

I'll post my top moments and matches of the decade later or tomorrow. It's been a wild decade of ups and downs.

Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Yeah. This isn't going to go over well with anyone. (Except it got the biggest audience reaction of the overlong segment...).

What ridiculousness.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The audiences reaction when they figured it out was so funny. :funny:

Plus it’s not like Liv Morgan was doing much with her Harley Quinn gimmick, that is Alexa’s look.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:35 am
100% That Bitch

Hey! If WWE wants the trashy tv fans to get into wrestling, this Lana/Rusev/Lashley and now Liv is the way to go.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:10 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm old enough to remember that this storyline started as "Who is the father of Maria Kanellis's baby?"

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:48 pm
New Server, Same X

Brock Lesnar being in the Royal Rumble at Number 1 pretty much shits on potentially one of the most exciting matches of the year. And why isn't he defending the WWE Championship in the Royal Rumble? Wouldn't that be unprecedented? Is he going to win the Royal Rumble and face The Fiend at Wrestlemania?

It should be interesting to see how they have the Royal Rumble match only last 10 minutes.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm
100% That Bitch

The fact Nxt is comfortable as fuck putting their women's division on the main event week in and week out speaks volumes on their confidence! Best division in the world

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:42 pm
The Kramer

Predictions for Royal Rumble:

Men's: Braun Strowman
Women's: Shayna Bazler

I know Roman and Charlotte are the overwhelming favorites (or were last week, don't wanna check now since it will spoil the match) for both but zzzzzz at either of those choices and I hope they see that. Monster v Fiend is a huge match that people will want to see and Bazler needs to be pushed right to the top of the card against Becky unless Ronda is coming back.

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'm hoping for Baszler or even Ronda to interfere and cost Becky the match against Asuka (no way she wins clean two-years in a row).

I was tempted to sign back up for the network beginning with the Rumble tonight, but I've decided against it. Smackdown and NXT have been good/great, but Raw has blown for months. Chances are that Lesnar will just dominate for the first two-thirds of the rumble, rack up 10-15 eliminations, and that's incredibly boring.

I'm predicting CM Punk will win the rumble this year. Attendance has really suffered lately (Kevin Dunn is even having problems hiding the empty seats on Raw/Smackdown lately), and they really need a name like Punk's on the WrestleMania card.

As for the women, Baszler would deserve it, and while I think it'd be a shame regarding the female roster, a surprise Ronda win would be interesting. I'm expecting Nia Jax to come back tonight, too, so I suppose she's a possible surprise victor.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Glad McIntyre won. I'm not a huge fan, but better than Rollins, Reigns, AJ, or Orton. Edge, though strongly rumored, returning was a nice surprise. Meh on Charlotte and Becky winning.

Mania Title matches predictions:

McIntyre v Lesnar
Charlotte v Becky (...)
Baszler v Bayley
Reigns v The Fiend

But none of those are going to main event, at least I highly doubt it.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:26 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

I liked the event, the only downer was Charlotte winning

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:36 am
New Server, Same X

This would have been even better if they hadn't completely lost sight of Drew McIntyre for much of the last two years. But man, did they go all in on him. Eliminating Brock was a huge moment, but I didn't think he'd actually win. I figured Brock would have stormed the ring and eliminated him, setting up their Roman and Seth finale. Even worse, I thought they were really going to have Roman win. But they did good for once and gave it to someone that deserved it. The way the Rumble should be.

I genuinely thought they were going to keep Brock in till the end. It was shaping up to be a horrible Rumble. It's bad enough he buried a ton of guys. But giving the spot to McIntyre was huge. Let's see how the road to Mania plays out for them.

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:37 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Are Liv and Lana really main evening tonight? (...) Can Baszler please come out and squash them both?

It couldn't have gone to Rollins/Buddy v Joe/KO? Not Charlotte v Asuka (great match tonight)?

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Nevermind. Excellent way to end Raw. And that's likely the main event for WrestleMania.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Rumor is that Charlotte will face Rhea Ripley at Mania which is 1000% more interesting than the other two options.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Corpse wrote:
Nevermind. Excellent way to end Raw. And that's likely the main event for WrestleMania.

I feel like it won't be. Mainly because I hope it isn't Edge's true last match, because it would be an unfortunate waste to have his only singles match of his return be against Randy Orton. The RAW ending was fantastic, but I'd love to see Edge against a few other guys.

At the same time, how long will his neck hold up?

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180 ... 235  Next