Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Lighthouse 

Rate this film:
A 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

The Lighthouse 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post The Lighthouse

Quote:
The Lighthouse is a 2019 black-and-white horror film directed and produced by Robert Eggers, who co-wrote the screenplay with his brother Max Eggers. It stars Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson. The film chronicles the story of two lighthouse keepers as they are faced with solitude, but start to lose their sanity and become threatened by their worst nightmares.

It had its world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 19, 2019. It is scheduled to be released on October 18, 2019, by A24. The film received universal acclaim, with critics highlighting the technical aspects, direction, and the performances of Dafoe and Pattinson.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:11 pm
Star Trek XI

Post Re: The Lighthouse
Can't wait to see Edward run shit, team Edward for life baby!!! Rob will be amazing

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 am
Extraordinary

Was a bit hard to hear the dialogue at times.

Movie was bizarre and I'm not sure if I got it but Rob was amazing, so excited for him as Batman now.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:00 pm
Star Trek XI

Can’t wait for this, Rob is amazing just like he was as Edward, the Twi haters can go fuck themselves, he liked being in them too!

Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:44 pm
Indiana Jones IV

This film is an experience for sure. Aesthetically very strong, with a simple but ambitious, and sometimes utterly bizarre, narrative. Acting was superb from both main players--not sure who I liked better or if it matters. The last two scenes are fucking haunting. That foghorn sound followed me out of the theater, I felt crazy for awhile after seeing this. Something's keeping it from a solid A for me but I'm not sure what....

A-

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 pm
Wallflower

I appreciated the cinematography and performances, but I didn't care for this at all. I do wish I could have watched it with subtitles. Didn't know what Dafoe was saying a lot of the time. Yet I have no interest in revisiting this again when I can watch it with subtitles.

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Forum General

Wow now that was an experience. As artsy and pretentious as this movie is the performances from Dafoe and Pattinson are truly amazing and I found it really engaging from beginning to end. This is definitely a horror film at its core and I petty much loved everything about it from the music, to the cinematography and the direction. It's such a bizarre movie too and I can understand why it won't be for everybody, but damn were those last couple of scenes haunting. I think the final shot alone will stick with me for a while and I absolutely cannot wait to see what Pattinson brings to the table as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

A+

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:12 pm
The Kramer

Meh. Much like The VVitch, this movie looks and sound great, but doesn't add up to much. It kinda seemed like everyone involved would have rather made Brokeback Lighthouse than whatever ended up on screen.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]