Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Regal Subscription plan enters the fray! 
Veteran

Post Regal Subscription plan enters the fray!
Regal Cinemas fires its salvo with their subscription plan.

It sounds a bit complicated.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/26/8931 ... bscription

I was blind, but now I see.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm
Forum General

Post Re: Regal Subscription plan enters the fray!
AMC A-List is way better.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:07 pm
Extraordinary

Their goal is to apparently surcharge you to death. Plus their food choices went downhill. The original warren theatre had a robust menu but now they switched to a streamlined thing and I hate that. AMC is still the better deal for the premium seating

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:43 am
Extraordinary

Good thing I have AMCs around me. This is good for people with only Regal theaters around them but all the theater tiers and paying more for premium and fees for buying online? Thankful for Alist.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:55 pm
Quality is a great business plan

Shittiest subscription plan around. I hope we have more of Alamo drafthouse around. Regal theaters are shitty and even their PLF format is no where close to Dolby cinema.

I used to be shawman.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 pm
Veteran

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/mo ... s-sinemia/

Comparison. The benefit is unlimited movies but I rarely see films that frequently.

Plus surcharges for IMAX? Yea, screw that. It's amazing how our expectations have changed, especially those who had MoviePass early on and now, A-List. Thanks MoviePass for paving the way for all of us to be spoiled.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 pm
Superman: The Movie

Just got it as a birthday present. Hopefully I’ll have time to start using it this week.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

What plan tier were you gifted?

---

I was a bit tempted to sign up until I read a post that my local Warren theatre was charging surcharges on nearly on their screens. Plus, a closer Regal theatre isn't even on the list which was annoying. Finally, another poster questioned if they were going to get credit for the digital reward and that's honestly the main reason I wanted to join. Why couldn't they just make it a flat rate. Just copy AMC's format.

I also thought about Cinemark but 1 ticket is a bit lame.Two and I'd probably do that without blinking since they are closest to me.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 am

“All-Access”

So far so good.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Magnus wrote:
The Regal by me has the fancy leather seats with recliners so even though there's an AMC nearby I chose to go with this subscription for now.

The mobile app is easy to use and I like that I can use the stuff on the special re-release showings as well. It's much easier than MoviePass was.

Many of the AMCs in New York (and other areas I've been to) have the leather seat recliners.

Seems to be increasingly common, but I wonder how they make up for the loss of seats in the layout.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 pm
The Kramer

I’m torn for the fall. My very local 6-screen amc is great, but smaller movies like Parasite, Jojo Rabbit and Jay & Silent Bob Reboot are 50/50 on if they’ll ever get there.

There’s not that much arthouse stuff I’m interested in after that though. And I just spent $17 to see the Metallica film at a Regal so I’ll feel pretty stupid if I switch two days later.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Go for whichever theater you’re the most comfortable at. The Regal I’m comfortable with is about a 25 minute drive, but it’s also my childhood theater. I’ve been going there for as long as I remember, and even though I’ve moved several times it’s always managed to be a 25-30 minute drive (luckily). They also manage to get most movies, even unfortunately the far right leaning Christian and Dinesh D’Souza movies (yay!).

I just moved recently and I added another potential Regal to go to that’s about 15 minutes away (at the most), but I’ve never been there, even though it has reclining seats, booze, etc. I don’t go there though because the complex it’s in is at best, sketchy. The theater itself is supposedly very nice, but the complex it’s in is rundown, mostly abandoned and depressing. The extra ten minute drive is worth it even if they don’t have recliners (which I actually don’t mind as most of the auditoriums would be too small to house them). They did just add booze though. I’m not even a booze guy (as you could probably tell by me using that phrase), but I like that they’re keeping up with the times and trying to stay relevant.

If you have to pay a couple of times to see something at an art house, it’ll still probably be worth it if you’re comfortable with AMC and you manage to at least match the number of movies you’ve seen with the amount A-List costs (and Regal just charged three days ahead of schedule though I can only assume it’s because of the holiday). But if you like your local Regal and they get more movies then Unlimited is worth it. Just make sure to look up which plan tier your theater falls under as the price varies by theater.

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

My Regal theaters usually seem to be the first to add features and enhancements (audio, visual, creature comforts) but the AMCs (I have their subscription plan because at the time Regal did not have one) are typically not far behind when they copycat.

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:37 am
Veteran

Does anyone have the Regal plan? If so, what do you think?

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]