Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Gurls they killed The Fiend and Seth with that ending lololol

That idegit the worst I've ever seen by wwe. And somehow I'm saying that quite often

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

LOL. It kind of seems like someone with a lot of power (Vince, I guess?) is just trolling for the sake of it. And I suppose we have another example tonight?

I'm not watching SmackDown, but I see that "Shorty Gable" is trending. And after checking on it, did WWE really change the Chad Gable name to that? It was on the titantron, the graphics and everything. Like... if legit, just...why?

And I read that the WWE title isn't even on the line in the Lesnar/Velasquez match coming up. So... why did Kofi drop the title in a squash match again? Why wasn't Lesnar just booked to win against Kofi via DQ from Velasquez interfering?

The number of truly awful, not just poor, decisions this past week is really bonkers. :wacko:

AT LEAST the Kabuki Warriors turned heel/are getting their very deserved time in the spotlight again. It's a sad shame that the fans seem likely to be relentless with the "what" chants with them on the mic though... Are they really not past that?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I thought it was for the WWE Championship. Which is an equally awful decision to have this outsider come in and get that type of match. I don't mind the idea of Brock's biggest loss in his career coming back to haunt him, except that they're just paying Cain a ridiculous amount of money for Brock to "get his win" all these years later.

Shorty Gable is Vintage Vince. He knows it's bad, but I'm sure he spins it like "This could make you A STAR!!!"

Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:16 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm in on AEW for now... not everything is perfect but I already love Riho, they have possibly the best tag team in the world the Young Bucks (and just a better tag division overall), and they have Jericho baybe and some other former WWE guys who are fun to track like Ambrose, Dillinger, Neville, Swagger, and both Rhodes

Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:14 pm
Devil's Advocate

I actually enjoyed the Rollins and Bray match up until the bell rang. It was a unique storytelling match, and Rollins trying everything to kill the horror movie villain made sense. Their mistake was they had to come up with a way that wasn't a DQ, with a room full of writers there were other ways. eg. make Rollins come up with some plan using chains or handcuffs to lock him on the ground and then pin him. You could also just never ring the bell and have the ref call for the stretcher, and then leap up and mandible claw Rollins to end the show. There's been lots of matches that had non endings without the WWE every officially DQing. You could make Bray Wyatt take back control of the Fiend and then have Rollins pin him. OR they could just make Bray the champion until Crown Jewel at Oct 31st where it would be easier to make him lose it in a gimmicky way. I mean they would sell some Halloween merch. And this is all after considering how stupid it was to even have this title match. Just do Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman inside Hell in a Cell while Seth defends his title against Samoa Joe or something. Done. Or a triple threat match with Seth, Bray and Braun inside HIAC would've been a big draw

I don't understand why half the Hell in a Cell card had to be punted. Why not throw together matches at the last moment that are for the IC or US title and male tag titles? I generally liked the matches that were promoted like Reigns-Bryan vs Harper-Rowan and the womens tag match. Becky Sasha was fine but they were trying to go for the big chair spots so much. I enjoyed them going into the crowd on the last PPV more. Bayley's "heel turn while being in denial she's a heel" was an interesting choice but I don't think they fully pulled off the narcissism of that denial character, so I'm interested in them making her a blatant heel next. There is a way to make the annoying part of Bayley come out.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:14 am
New Server, Same X

And why did The Fiend attack Seth on Friday Night Smackdown if Bray is going to Smackdown? Isn't that feud effectively done if Seth is staying on RAW? Or will they have Brock and Seth switch brands with their respective championships? I'm sure they want Brock on FOX.

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:59 pm
Devil's Advocate

Mister Ecks wrote:
And why did The Fiend attack Seth on Friday Night Smackdown if Bray is going to Smackdown? Isn't that feud effectively done if Seth is staying on RAW? Or will they have Brock and Seth switch brands with their respective championships? I'm sure they want Brock on FOX.

I think the fiend can go on any show he wants for the next month cause he is unpredictable anyways and then after that will stick on Smackdown... But it means he is guaranteed loss at Crown Jewel. IIRC second time they've done that with Bray Wyatt as when he had the haunted house match or whatever with Orton he was already superstar shake up'ed to the other show so no way he was winning

Is the Firefly Funhouse burned down for good? Cause RIP Bray/The Fiend if so

Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:19 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well, I have finally caught up. In early July I was 35 weeks behind, plus it's been 3 months since then, so that's around 47 weeks of every Raw and Smackdown, PPV, and Takeover (mercifully the difficulty of downloading old 205s saved me from myself). I will never forget this act of loserdom. Of course, it was never really about wrestling, but the day in 2016 it felt like half my brain stopped working emotionally overnight. Unlike regular TV shows where it's not a big deal to not watch an episode since 2016 and binge it in a week years later, the impossibility of doing so with the WWE made it a constant battle to stay afloat, and became a litmus test to me for whether anything I was doing was working. I managed to keep it to 10-15 weeks behind most of the time, catching up all the way in April 2018, and then collapsing all the way to 35 weeks behind about 15 months later. Sometimes by death by a thousand cuts, sometimes by thinking "I'm going to save this Wrestlemania until I figure this out" and then 3 months going by. After years of banging ahead against the wall with a different mental technique every few days or every few weeks hoping for anything to stick and only finding short lived bursts of optimism acting as an illusion, and in a nasty trick by the universe mere months after my favorite sports team won a title and I felt nearly nothing, finally something clicked and stayed that way. It's still not the same as the year and a half I watched again as a healthy person, but Wrestlemania felt closer than last year's TLC, and Summerslam felt closer than Wrestlemania, so I am excited to see where things go from here and what the next month will bring.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 pm
Devil's Advocate

Now that I'm caught up I can learn about some on the random relationships like Alestair Black and Zelina Vega and Peyton Royce and Ty Dillinger being married (I knew about Charlotte and Andrade and Carmella the homewrecker)

Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 pm
The Kramer

Shack wrote:
Well, I have finally caught up. In early July I was 35 weeks behind, plus it's been 3 months since then, so that's around 47 weeks of every Raw and Smackdown, PPV, and Takeover (mercifully the difficulty of downloading old 205s saved me from myself). I will never forget this act of loserdom. Of course, it was never really about wrestling, but the day in 2016 it felt like half my brain stopped working emotionally overnight. Unlike regular TV shows where it's not a big deal to not watch an episode since 2016 and binge it in a week years later, the impossibility of doing so with the WWE made it a constant battle to stay afloat, and became a litmus test to me for whether anything I was doing was working. I managed to keep it to 10-15 weeks behind most of the time, catching up all the way in April 2018, and then collapsing all the way to 35 weeks behind about 15 months later. Sometimes by death by a thousand cuts, sometimes by thinking "I'm going to save this Wrestlemania until I figure this out" and then 3 months going by. After years of banging ahead against the wall with a different mental technique every few days or every few weeks hoping for anything to stick and only finding short lived bursts of optimism acting as an illusion, and in a nasty trick by the universe mere months after my favorite sports team won a title and I felt nearly nothing, finally something clicked and stayed that way. It's still not the same as the year and a half I watched again as a healthy person, but Wrestlemania felt closer than last year's TLC, and Summerslam felt closer than Wrestlemania, so I am excited to see where things go from here and what the next month will bring.
Great post! You should expand it and put it on the main site. We need to draw in dem wrestling fans!

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:38 pm
The Kramer

Dynamite Week #3 was another great show. I still don't know why Allen was getting a title shot with a 2-2-1 record, but he made it the most of it. The second half of the match with the duct taped hands was wildly entertaining.

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:41 pm
Devil's Advocate

Chad Gable's name...

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 pm
New Server, Same X

It's a damn travesty, but it's the price we pay for watching WWE.

They've now made the Seth Rollins/The Fiend match a Falls Count Anywhere match, WITH ABSOLUTELY NO STOPPAGE WHATSOEVER!!!!!11

So the match just won't end. The Fiend will probably take Seth to the new Firefly Funhouse or something. WWE has painted themselves into such a terrible corner. At least they took Seth away from the god-awful Hulk Hogan/Ric Flair match.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:40 pm
Devil's Advocate

I'm surprised they didn't make it a Last Man Standing match instead of Falls Count Anywhere so they could just dump an announce table on him and count to ten. They're not making this easy on themselves.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:27 pm
New Server, Same X

Once something works in WWE, they beat it to death and then keep beating the dead body until it's rotting away to nothing. The fire of Becky Lynch was burning out leading into Wrestlemania. Thankfully, I think she has recovered, but she's still nowhere near the levels of the Royal Rumble last year. It's because they leaned so heavily into it and meddled with it until it was fading away.

Bray is no different. I'm surprised it lasted so long. But how do you justify having ONE MATCH with Finn Balor at Summerslam (plus a bunch of run-ins on the likes of Jerry Lawler) and then propelling him into a feud with the Universal Champion? Especially when you're trying so desperately to get Seth Rollins over with a crowd that has been losing interest in him?

Smackdown is slowly sinking into the rest of the Friday drivel in terms of ratings. What then? They have a champ that'll make a handful of appearances between now and Wrestlemania (when he inevitably defends the title against Roman Reigns again). Plus their lovely annual PR nightmare with Crown Jewel. I suspect it won't be long before we get a "Smackdown 20th Anniversary Reunion Show" to dust off all the legends again for one night of sacrificing storytelling and the current roster to "pay homage" to the past.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm
100% That Bitch

Wwe Gonna WWE. What were we expecting?

This Rollins/ Wyatt thing (I refuse to call it a feud) is the worst WWE has done in years

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:22 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Cain Velasquez "manhandling" Shelton Benjamin on RAW was...embarrassing.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

So good for Raw to use Humberto Carillon and street profits but dear god last night was boring af.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:22 pm
Devil's Advocate

When a Shelton Benjamin promo wakes up the show it's not going so well... 3 hour Raw and no divas (the stars are in Australia I think) is a bad combination... a good hour of death in Andrade vs Sin Cara, Alestair Black vs fat Bobby Roode jobber, Viking Raiders vs Hawkins and Ryder, and multiple segments of the already tired Rusev and Lashley storyline. Would have been a good time to give Liv Morgan a match for the first time in like 6 months considering they had 0 divas matches almost one year since WWE Evolution

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:35 pm
100% That Bitch

It's not like they don't have the talent. Just look at NCT and how their women's division is STACKED AF. And literally as good as the men's main event scene. It's like main roster has no idea how to deal with women.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:20 pm
100% That Bitch

NXT killed it once again, best wrestling show on TV.
That main event where they almost botch that tower of Soo. PLUS FUCKING HEEL BALOR ANR STARTING A GARGANO/BALOR FEUD?!?!??

It's already match of the year and it hasn't happened yet

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

He will probably be in the OC in a few months

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:14 am
100% That Bitch

He'll be ruined in the main roster, again.

Also once again, the women's division is the star of the hour. I think they may give them war games? The title.scene is chaotic with four women gunning at Shayna, this may be the best the divisions has ever bee.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:14 am
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Wwe Gonna WWE. What were we expecting?

This Rollins/ Wyatt thing (I refuse to call it a feud) is the worst WWE has done in years

It's crazy because WWE can't be stupid enough to not see the massive star potential in Bray as The Fiend. My best explanation is Vince thinks this will only serve to grow The Fiend as a character, while preserving their Universal Champion and major RAW star.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Devil's Advocate

Early Wrestlemania card predictions, cause why not?

Main event: Undertaker (WWE champion) vs Brock Lesnar - LolVince. I expect them to milk the casuals on Smackdown Live, so Undertaker is good way to do it with a storyline similar to Goldberg where he wins the title for last time and then loses it at Wrestlemania in rematch of the streak match. Alternate plan: HHH/Lesnar again - but I pick this one for Super Showdown next year

Becky Lynch (Raw champion) vs Ronda Rousey (Smackdown champion). If Rousey isn't back, Becky vs Nia for Raw match, Carmella (champion) vs Mandy Rose for Smackdown title (Corey Graves storyline)

Seth Rollins (Universal champion) vs Kevin Owens - Rollins is heel and has corporate backing, Owens is anti-authority and claims Rollins is dragging down Raw

Braun Strowman vs Bray Wyatt - If they weren't going to do it at HIAC, maybe it was for Wrestlemania?

Kofi Kingston vs Triple H - Idk, HHH needs a match and he can have a storyline on SD where HHH doesn't believe in him as for real as a singles guy.

Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan - I don't know how they will do it since Rowan is on Raw and did things like Bryan threw a table if he was in on it, but I'll say the storyline isn't over and Bryan turns out evil after all, his face turn doesn't feel all the way to me

Charlotte and Natalya (Women's tag champions) vs Sasha and Bayley - Not sure if it's vs Sasha and Bayley, but I'm predicting Charlotte is given the tag title division for a while to mix it up. Natty is another wrestling family type.

The new OC AJ Styles, Finn Balor, Gallows and Anderson vs Ricochet, face Samoa Joe and two other mid card guys - 8 man match to get a lot of guys on the card

IC title - Shorty G (champion) vs Sheamus. Bully storyline

Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 235  Next