Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 It: Chapter Two 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
C 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

It: Chapter Two 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post It: Chapter Two

Quote:
It Chapter Two is a 2019 American supernatural horror film and the sequel to the 2017 film It, both based on the 1986 novel It by Stephen King. The film is directed by Andy Muschietti and written by Gary Dauberman. Set in 2016, 27 years after the events depicted in the first film, it stars James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain, Bill Hader, Isaiah Mustafa, Jay Ryan, James Ransone, and Andy Bean as the adult versions of the Losers Club. Jaeden Martell, Sophia Lillis, Finn Wolfhard, Chosen Jacobs, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Jack Dylan Grazer, and Wyatt Oleff reprise their roles as the younger Losers, while Bill Skarsgård also returns as Pennywise the Dancing Clown.

Talks for an IT sequel began in February 2016. By September 2017, New Line Cinema announced the sequel would be released in September 2019, with Dauberman writing the script and Muschietti expected to direct. Principal photography began in June 2018, at Pinewood Toronto Studios and on locations in and around Port Hope, Oshawa, and Toronto, Ontario, and wrapped on October 31, 2018. The film was produced by New Line Cinema and Vertigo Entertainment.

It Chapter Two premiered at the Regency Village Theater in Los Angeles on August 26, 2019, and was theatrically released in the United States by Warner Bros. Pictures on September 6, 2019. Much like its predecessor, It Chapter Two received praise from critics for its acting (particularly Hader and Skarsgård), themes, and faithfulness to the novel, though criticism was aimed at its runtime and lack of scares compared to its predecessor.[3]

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: It: Chapter Two
Not as good as the first one definitely. For the most part they did a good job with casting. I'm baffled that McAvoy ended up being one of the weakest performances in the movie but I think it has more to do with the character.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:36 am
100% That Bitch

Yeah, on par with the first deffo gonna make a SHITTON of cash

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:23 pm
On autopilot for the summer

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Not as good as the first one definitely. For the most part they did a good job with casting. I'm baffled that McAvoy ended up being one of the weakest performances in the movie but I think it has more to do with the character.

I mean he is the weakest character in the second part of the book. That's the problem with the source material, and the same thing with the miniseries. But when you cast the most high profile actor in the role of the first film's lead when the rest of the characters grow more in the second part, what do you expect?

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:36 pm
The Kramer

It 2 had some good scenes, but my goodness it is exhausting. Could and should have lost 30 minutes of flashbacks and intense staring after a flashback.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:00 pm
The Kramer

The opening scene also should have been cut (replaced by bleachers scene). And everything involving Bauers.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:54 pm
The Kramer

I should’ve known that King wouldn’t be able to write a good novel all the way through. At least he had his writer character complain about people complaining about his endings though!!

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:56 pm
Forum General

I didn't love the first movie, but even this still feels like a pretty significant step down from that movie. I don't know, but a lot of this just didn't really work for me especially the scares. Also, while I was never bored this had no business being almost 3 hours long IMO. The cast is definitely the best part of this movie with Hader and Ransone easily getting some of the best lines/scenes, but I do think the comedy was a bit too much in certain scenes. Also, poor Skarsgard. They just can't let the guy actually be naturally scary without using a ridiculous amount of CGI. I really disliked that stuff in the last one and it's even worse here, especially in that finale and man don't even get me started on that awful de-aging effect they used on the kids.

C-

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:13 am
Hold the door!

First was better, this was still good. Mainly just too long, but the special effects on Pennywise were really good.

B+

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:33 pm
We had our time together

Gamaur wrote:
But how many fucking times do we need to see Pennywise, or some stupid animated thing, show those stupid fucking teeth? How many times, Muschietti?

lol so true.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Not as good as the first but enjoyable and has some really memorable sequences. B+

Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:39 pm
Profile YIM
Keeping it Light

I pretty much relate completely with Dil's review. I remember the 1990 tv film/ series fondly, but I wasn't impressed with Chapter One already, it wasn't scary, but it did have something to it still. Here in Chapter Two it's just bloated with the run time and a bit of a mess though, because they did the flash backs and everything. It just doesn't surmount to a very good story in the end. I think it's not the source material's fault and it's pretty well cast too, but the execution of Chapter Two is just way off.

C

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]