Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
This Rollins/Ospreay (WWE versus NJPW/AEW, etc. all) feud on Twitter is interesting. I would consider it a possible work, but I really don't believe it is... You now have the likes of Corbin backing Rollins (or at least attacking Ospreay), and others like Jericho defending Ospreay.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Seth Rollins has adapted the Roman Reigns role of being the face of WWE and making stuff up about WWE is part of that territory I guess. I don't even watch anything non-WWE (yet), and I know it ain't the best wrestling on the planet.

I'm sure it's all in good fun... in part at least. If Rollins is serious, he's delusional and his Twitter may actually be run by Vince.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:48 pm
100% That Bitch

And once again, Alexa Bliss and her opponent (who's not worth being mentioned by name) are the best thing about WWE right now. She's a fucking treasure and her 365 is nothing but gold, we deserve Face Alexa right now

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm
100% That Bitch

Also... Ospreay >>>>> Rollins Based on dick size alone.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm
New Server, Same X

WWE has made Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff executive directors of RAW and Smackdown, respectively. Careful Vince, your desperation and panic are showing.

Some are saying this is a positive. I guess their major roles in ECW, WCW and TNA are going to be overlooked. They obviously knew 25 years ago how to change the game in the short term, but neither men have experience in sustaining a product in the long term. And WWE needs some long term plans right now, because nothing else is working.

The wrestling fan in me wants this change to be a positive. And I hope this is all a backstage change and doesn't end up with both being featured on camera in these roles. We're just rewinding 15 years instead of 25 years then. But this could bode very well for AEW. Desperation wouldn't be running so high if Vince and WWE didn't at least worry a bit about whether AEW can be true competition for them.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:09 pm
100% That Bitch

The thing is.. something had to happen. We are OVER all these stories and shitty things they have tried. Like I said before, the only saving Grace in all of the main roster is The Goddess, they fucked up Becky.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:24 am
The Kramer

More nostalgia yay!

Wrestling fans around the world have made it clear what they want - the NXT and AEW style with the massive pool of talent that WWE possesses. How do you translate that into ratings though? I'd still wait for the Hulu version even if Raw was an A+ every week. The kids want superheroes and their parents want to see wrestlers they remember from their own childhood - these are the people watching live week to week.

Plus, after years of complaining about WWE booking all the wrong people at the top, we have a perfect set of champions right now. And the product is still worse than ever. Makes no sense.

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:50 pm
New Server, Same X

If Samoa Joe isn't the WWE Champion by summer's end, or sooner, it's going to be a tremendous waste of a talented man who deserves it. Kofi has had a great run as champion, but I think it's time to drop it to someone else. And Samoa Joe deserves it.

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:46 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

:funny:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Lol WWE.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 am
New Server, Same X

Winter is coming...

But fear not. Heyman is in control of RAW, he knows what's best. Brock will drop the title at Summerslam... okay, well maybe at the next PPV... oh yeah he doesn't work lesser PPVs... well it's only four months until Survivor Series... oh but he wouldn't drop it before Christmas... OK, Royal Rumble... oh yeah, world championships never change hands at the Rumble... well... umm...

Fuck.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am
New Server, Same X

And where is Bray Wyatt? The quick glimpses of his Funhouse characters have been great Easter eggs for eagle-eyed fans (not me, because I couldn't possibly stomach watching all of RAW and Smackdown to catch them), but it's getting to be too long between appearances. Building the return over two weeks of buildup, maybe three, is great. But we're entering the fourth week of no Bray and steam is going to be lost on a big return.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well, you got Bray Wyatt. ;)

I'm still only watching highlights and such, but I saw a lot of... hate talk on twitter earlier today regarding the women's fatal four way match that Natalya won. Apparently it was among one of the most boring and awful matches ever based on the reactions I read. The crowd apparently chanted "this is awful" throughout or something. Was it really THAT bad?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

-I skipped most of RAW, except that wonderful Bray Wyatt re-debut. I didn't even watch the fatal 4-way, just the part where Natalya and Becky were in the ring. I wonder what the plan is for Summerslam in Toronto. Becky is getting booed in favor of Natalya. What a difference a year will make: heel Becky getting a face reaction in 2018, face Becky getting a heel reaction in 2019.

-Bray Wyatt's return was a miracle. I really hope they don't fuck this up. Everything about the appearance was cool and creepy. I liked it even more when I saw crowd footage of it on YouTube.

-I have little interest in the world title matches at Summerslam if they're Brock/Rollins and Kofi/Orton. I believe in Orton's place in the company, but I don't believe in yet another Orton title match. Not when there are so many other deserving guys. I don't get what Samoa Joe has done to not deserve a run with the title. But every opportunity is met with a resounding loss for him.

-I liked seeing Liv Morgan get an opportunity against Charlotte Flair. I'm hoping to see more from her.

-It took us three months and a meaningless heel turn, but we're back to where we should have been all along: Kevin Owens being a babyface, Stone Cold-style. Why they went the same ol' heel route is beyond me, because he clearly was their best Stone Cold since the real deal. It's clearly building towards a match with Shane McMahon at Summerslam. And like Stone Cold, he even got to get one of those infamous McMahon stunner botches.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:46 am
The Kramer

Orton was the one who killed Kofi’s initial push, but they should have used that story for MitB not Summerslam.

I predict that Seth loses and it will be Undertaker who eventually relieves Brock of the title. Maybe even at Wrestlemania, but even as I type that, I know in my heart of hearts that Brock v Roman is the main event of Mania 36.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:12 am
New Server, Same X

Given that Undertaker impressed so much at Extreme Rules and he isn't getting any younger, it would be a damn shame if he didn't face The Fiend Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania. The only downside is A. he beat Bray already (though that didn't stop them from three-peating Taker/Triple H), and B. the streak is dead. To me, it would have been appropriate for Wyatt to beat Taker and end the streak with the current Fiend gimmick, assuming they don't find a way to fuck it up.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm
New Server, Same X

Anyone else super excited for RAW Reunion?? Me neither. Instead of trying to build their own roster of superstars, WWE goes back to the well of veterans, coming out to big nostalgia pops, doing their tired shtick in the ring, getting interrupted by actual in-ring talent and hitting their big moves on said talent, burying them in the process while they leave RAW tonight and go back home with their paycheck, waiting to be brought back for another special appearance sometime in the future.

Don't forget all the backstage hijinks that the lesser veterans will get into!! I smell some 24/7 Championship title changes too!!

I just looked up the list of confirmed names. I can't even make any more jokes. Embarrassing.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:50 pm
New Server, Same X

Yet again, the highlight is Bray Wyatt. I'm glad someone was given the chance to go over a WWE legend to better their future. Not sure why The Revival and The Club are always the go-tos to get shit on.

It was kind of sad seeing all these men and women last night and they're given the same BS treatment every time they do one of these events. No one is ever given anything substantial to do. But I can't lie and say it's not exciting to see Stone Cold every time he comes out. He's really the only WWE legend that can guaranteed get a huge reaction and delivers every time. But it's because he doesn't ever do anything stupid with current talent. I'm sure that's his own doing. Even Shawn Michaels and DX felt tired last night, which they always do but even more so than normal.

I just don't believe in suspending a week of RAW to trot out these people for no benefit to anyone. Only Mick Foley did anything worthwhile for someone on the roster, and it worked. And do not get me started on the continued ridiculousness of the 24/7 Championship.

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:18 pm
New Server, Same X

Just as they did a year ago next month with Becky Lynch, WWE could have something real special right now with Kevin Owens. I hope they don't screw i-- oh who am I kidding, they'll screw it up.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:33 am
The Kramer

KO definitely seems like he is getting a future Royal Rumble winner's type of push.

Randy and Kofi is shaping up nicely too. Summerslam card is pretty good right now, but I'm sure six more matches will be added to get that run time up to five hours.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 pm
New Server, Same X

Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble can be four hours TOPS, the rest all three hours. It's ridiculous to think it'll be five or even six hours with the kickoff show for Summerslam.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:19 pm
The Kramer

I wanna see Austin use his heel music at one of these reunion shows. This Disturbed version might be my #1 all time theme. :funny:

Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:02 am
New Server, Same X

Looks like WWE2K20 will feature Becky Lynch... and Roman Reigns on the cover. Took them a year but they finally found a way for Roman to screw over Becky Lynch. I know Becky's flame has dimmed quite a bit, but it made sense to have her feature on the cover, not co-feature with Reigns.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:25 pm
The Kramer

You’re right ... but the cover photo is pretty cool. :P

They could also make up for it by having a man and a woman on all the covers from here on out.

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:52 pm
New Server, Same X

Random thoughts:

-They finally have Becky back on track a bit after the god-awful run with Seth Rollins. If anything, that may have killed Rollins completely. There was a complete lack of care or excitement for him from the crowd last night. It's basically like "Just lose to Brock so we can get the next opponent at Survivor Series". Time to turn him heel again, because the face Rollins flat out sucks right now.

-I know Natalya will get the hometown crowd behind her, but I'm curious if people will be more behind Becky than Natalya at Summerslam.

-Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler. I don't know who I feel worse for. At least Goldberg will have one of the best sellers in the business for his spear and jackhammer.

-The Roman Reigns saga is beyond silly. That ending last week was horrific. How in 2019 do they not know how to film and edit something to look halfway decent? The car crash was a bit better last night. But I really don't care who's trying to kill Roman Reigns, heel or face.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 235  Next