Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Stranger Things - Season 3 (July 4th) 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Stranger Things - Season 3 (July 4th)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:35 am
Forum General

Post Re: Stranger Things - Season 3 (July 4th)
Looks great. I know I'm probably one in the very small minority who enjoyed Season 2 more than Season 1, but this looks a lot more promising with the different locations, and the fact that these kids are starting to really grow up. It's cool that its actually being set over the 4th of July weekend as well. I'm getting Jaws vibes.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:33 pm
now we know

I didn't bother with season 2.

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

OMG! :tears: This brought back memories of getting my first job and it was at a mall in Pensacola Florida. :D I loved that mall! I love the 80’s :D I love this show! :shades: Can’t wait to binge watch this baby up!

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:23 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Looks great! Hoping its better than season 2 and not more of the same.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

This is my most anticipated event of the summer.

I got chills from the trailer.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 am
Profile YIM
Quality is a great business plan

Feels like a movie trailer. But the kids have grown. I dont know how they can take this to 5 seasons with the same cast. But looking forward to seeing it.

I used to be shawman.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 am
Forum General

Now that was an awesome season. Definitely better than the previous seasons IMO, although I know I'm probably one of the very few that actually preferred Season 2 to Season 1. I'm really enjoying the pacing of the episodes in these past 2 seasons even though I'm someone who can definitely still appreciate a good buildup. This show just seems to be really firing on all cylinders now and love the fact this season felt like pretty much a combination of some of my favorite movies from the 80's like Terminator, The Blob and Red Dawn. I wasn't expecting that at all, but kudos to the Duffer Brothers for being able to pull it off, because it can't be that easy. The fact that they are able to make this show feel so authentic to that period is a pretty amazing achievement, especially all the attention to even the littlest details.

If the next season is truly last than that's kind of sad, because I would honestly love another two or three seasons of this show, but it is what it is and at this point I'm confident that it won't disappoint.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:02 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

This season was a goddamn blast. Easily their best and one of the most entertaining seasons of TV I can remember. It literally puts every summer blockbuster this year to shame.

Also, I adore Maya Hawke.

Love this show.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:47 pm
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

I had no idea Maya is Uma and Ethan's daughter, even though the resemblance is there.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:16 pm
Romosexual!

Ranking time...

S3 - Excellent :D
S1 - Awesome :D
S2 - Great :D

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:28 pm
100% That Bitch

Rev wrote:
Ranking time...

S3 - Excellent :D
S1 - Awesome :D
S2 - Great :D

Booh you whore!
This season is by far the best.

Fucking Robin and Steve!.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:09 pm
100% That Bitch

The battle of Starcourt is my favorite battle outside GoT. The spectacle with the visuals was holy shit worthy.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:16 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Maya Hawke was fantastic. What a wonderful addition.

This season was on par, possibly better, than Season 1.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:27 pm
Extraordinary

I thought it was a great season and agree it is better than Season 1.
Spoiler: show
I guess the questions remains is Hooper Dead? and who is the American?

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

My first thought during the finale was

Spoiler: show
that he jumped into the "upside down" to take his chance in there. and if the russians then opened the portal again, to obtain the demogorgan, they found him too? but previous episodes implied they already had the demogorgan. though without his death actually being shown, they're hugely hinting at him being the one in the prison cell.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Waitress in LA

Imagine how average and unoriginal this show would be without the 80s nostalgia to fall back on. Season 3's better than 2 but it's still some of the most banal mild sci-fi plotting on television, let alone film. The new characters kind of made up for most of it though, so it's still entertaining enough...but it's been clearly affected by the #metoo thing with its increased gender-role self-consciousness, to the point certain episodes play out like vague social commentaries. It's less dogmatic than it is observational though, probably unavoidable given the show's booming notoriety in the zeitgeist - it handles things pretty well, really.

Another oddity of the show is how emotionally unstable the script is: found myself frequently turning the volume down because some character was screaming, a few times an episode at least, and over half those had nothing to do with danger; and the adults aren't much better, with some of the most neurotic irrational behaviour available on Netflix. The Duffer Brothers have a weird concept of screen-worthy relationships - Winona Ryder is either mauled against her visible will by a schmoozing Sean Astin, or she's engaged in perpetual argument as sexual foreplay... basically 'Girl, Interrupted' grew up and moved to Hawkins as did everyone else with the same condition apparently.

But goddamn that opening theme song is awesome, and that new girl in the icecream store is almost worth the whole show. Felt a bad for the guy when it turned out she was a clit tickler.

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

shitcunt wrote:
Imagine how average and unoriginal this show would be without the 80s nostalgia to fall back on. Season 3's better than 2 but it's still some of the most banal mild sci-fi plotting on television, let alone film. The new characters kind of made up for most of it though, so it's still entertaining enough...but it's been clearly affected by the #metoo thing with its increased gender-role self-consciousness, to the point certain episodes play out like vague social commentaries. It's less dogmatic than it is observational though, probably unavoidable given the show's booming notoriety in the zeitgeist - it handles things pretty well, really.

Another oddity of the show is how emotionally unstable the script is: found myself frequently turning the volume down because some character was screaming, a few times an episode at least, and over half those had nothing to do with danger; and the adults aren't much better, with some of the most neurotic irrational behaviour available on Netflix. The Duffer Brothers have a weird concept of screen-worthy relationships - Winona Ryder is either mauled against her visible will by a schmoozing Sean Astin, or she's engaged in perpetual argument as sexual foreplay... basically 'Girl, Interrupted' grew up and moved to Hawkins as did everyone else with the same condition apparently.

But goddamn that opening theme song is awesome, and that new girl in the icecream store is almost worth the whole show. Felt a bad for the guy when it turned out she was a clit tickler.

Perfect review.

I enjoy the show overall but I find each season is yet another mild variation of the season prior. They do need to change it up for the next couple of seasons.

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:35 am
New Server, Same X

Season 3 is a goddamn masterpiece. Everything they've built prior led to an incredible run of eight episodes. I'd love to binge it all at once, I imagine it plays like a movie start to finish.

I don't care that the show is just one long ode to the 80s. It works. And it's one of the most visually striking TV shows ever. Looks beautiful so often. I don't know what their budget is, but they're making use of every single penny.

Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:37 pm
Hold the door!

The makeout sessions in this between children are gross. They were literally 16, 15, 17 and 16 when it was shot and they are like literally about to have sex before hopper stops them. :sick:

Fri May 13, 2022 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]