Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Happy Death Day 2U 

Grade?
A 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Happy Death Day 2U 
now we know

Post Happy Death Day 2U

Quote:
Happy Death Day 2U is a 2019 American sci-fi slasher written and directed by Christopher Landon. It stars Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard, Phi Vu, Suraj Sharma, and Ruby Modine, and again follows Tree Gelbman (Rothe) finding herself reliving the same day repeatedly after being hunted and killed by a masked assailant, only now her friends are also targets. The film is a sequel to 2017's Happy Death Day, with Jason Blum again serving as a producer through his Blumhouse Productions company.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Happy Death Day 2U
Plays more as a sci-fi film than horror. Rothe is great again but as a whole this wasn't better than the first.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:32 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Really enjoyed it. It was fun and sweet, and Rothe was great again - she has absolutely brilliant comic timing. Maybe not as good as the first but a worthy follow up. Would love to see a third.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:02 pm
Profile YIM
Pure Phase

In a certain sense, I respect the relative ambition of this sequel, particularly considering how rapidly it was produced. It could have just focused on another protagonist caught in a time loop, but instead it continues with the same heroine and remixes, expands upon, or subverts the previous film's story. At the same time, though, being more convoluted is seldom a virtue. In fact, the introduction of more overtly science-fiction-oriented elements (including a machine explicitly causing the Groundhog Day-style scenario) slightly lessens the fun and mystique. And I just hate how resolutely non-frightening this series is. I understand the idea is to blend slasher-film tropes with a collegiate-comic-frothy tone, but this sequel shows even less interest than its predecessor in building suspense or staging a memorable chase or set piece, and it builds to the most who-cares? culprit unveiling in a long time. The charismatic and lively presence of Jessica Rothe remains a key saving grace; she acts circles around her co-stars and maintains the audience's rooting interest.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 am
Forum General

I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Not quite as good as the first one, but still really entertaining for the most part and the sci-fi comedy feel actually does work to its advantage, although I did miss some of the horror elements. Jessica Rothe is still as charismatic as ever, and if they did make a third one with these characters I'd definitely check it out.

B-

Tue May 07, 2019 6:20 pm
100% That Bitch

A-
The mistery was good

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri May 10, 2019 12:17 pm
Keeping it Light

Lame, dumb and stupid. Happy Death Day was a pretty fun and solid film, but this is just a misfire. No idea how this script got a green light. Jessica Rothe is the lone bright spot in reprising her role, everything else is just pretty shit. No third film please.

D

Thu May 23, 2019 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]