Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile 

Grade?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile 
now we know

Post Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile

Quote:
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile is a 2019 American biographical crime thriller in the point of view of serial killer Ted Bundy's former girlfriend Liz. Directed by Joe Berlinger with a screenplay from Michael Werwie, the film is based on the memoir The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy by Elizabeth Kendall, Bundy's former girlfriend.

The film stars Zac Efron as Bundy, Lily Collins as Elizabeth Kendall, Kaya Scodelario as Bundy's wife Carole Ann Boone, and John Malkovich as Edward Cowart, the presiding judge at Bundy's trial. The title of the film is a reference to Cowart's remarks on Bundy's murders while sentencing him to death.

Tue May 07, 2019 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
I thought this was ok. Effron gives a really solid performance as Bundy and the ensemble cast they got here really works even if some are only in a few scenes, but they spent way too much time on trying to humanize him IMO to the point where it almost feels like they are actually trying to make him likable. I can give the director credit for at least attempting to do something different even if I didn't think it worked, but this movie was really lacking when it came to the horror, especially them not focusing more on the murders or what Bundy was capable of outside of maybe 2 or 3 scenes.

C+

Tue May 07, 2019 5:57 pm
now we know

A different take on a serial killer biopic. One where you see no murders. It's good. I was liking it, but Efron, while committed, isn't right in the role. He's too toned. Too tanned. Too handsome. He's not got any of Bundy's wildness or dirtiness. And he is not gaunt at all. He looks well fed and conditioned. So unlike Bundy. And that made the film too sanitized. I don't want to be rooting for a man that murdered 30 women, but this film achieves that on some level and in some instances.

They also did not do or show enough to convince me that Bundy was actually extremely wicked, shockingly evil, and vile. And that brings me to another point ... it has one of the worst titles ever! I simply cannot remember it for the life of me. Whether it's shockingly evil or wickedly vile or a combination of all of them. Fuck's sake.

Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Zac slays this.

B-

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:51 am
Wallflower

Wasn't into this one at all.