Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum 

Grade?
A 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
B 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum 
now we know

Post John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

Quote:
John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum (also known as John Wick: Chapter 3 or John Wick: Parabellum) is an American neo-noir action thriller film starring Keanu Reeves as the titular character in the third installment in the John Wick film series, following John Wick (2014) and John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017). The film is directed by Chad Stahelski and written by Derek Kolstad, Shay Hatten, Chris Collins and Marc Abrams, based on a story by Kolstad. It also stars Halle Berry, Laurence Fishburne, Mark Dacascos, Asia Kate Dillon, Lance Reddick, Anjelica Huston and Ian McShane.

The film was theatrically released in the United States on May 17, 2019, by Lionsgate.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum
Carries on the top notch quality of this series. Bring on Chapter Four.

Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Great action scenes the series is famous for including many of my favorites (Horse kills) Halle Berry is underutilized as is the whole plot. Completely down for the series to keep going, but the plot is pretty terrible and the reveal of the leader is kind of underwhelming. But it is complete non stop fantastic action from pretty much start to finish. B+

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat May 18, 2019 7:15 pm
Forum General

Absolute madness and I loved every minute of it. These movies are officially the best videogame movies ever made, and that's definitely not a bad thing. It's just epic balls to the walls action from beginning to end. I'm not going to lie that it kind of felt like there was almost too much action at one point and it almost peaked for me after that amazing sequence in Monaco, but then that ending battle happend and I was just struck in awe the whole time. Major props to Keanu, Halle, the German Shepard's, Chad Stahleski and the stunt team they got for this, because this is truly some of the best stunt choreography I have ever seen. My boy Mark Dacascos didn't disappoint either. Loved him in this along with the Raid guys.

Please give me Chapter 4 as soon as possible.

A

Sun May 19, 2019 12:03 am
Extraordinary

I dug it. The first act or so rocked but it kinda never reached another high for me. Still the action scenes were impressive.

Sun May 19, 2019 4:09 am
Pure Phase

It is another John Wick movie. This franchise never elevates and astounds me the way it does many others, but its consistency cannot be denied. Keanu Reeves wears sharp suits and plays a character tailored to his charismatic-if-slightly-wooden Zen screen presence. The hyper-violent action sequences are fluidly choreographed, elegantly shot, and clearly realized with a high level of artistry by people with intense respect for the action genre, and it fun seeing actors from the Raid franchise as henchmen. The everyone-in-this-world-is-an-assassin world building, with its coin economy, arcane rules, etc., may be wearing a tad thin three films in, though, and the plot more or less ends where it begins (John in conflict with the "High Table," except with Ian McShane's character now firmly an antagonist).

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 19, 2019 11:19 pm
On autopilot for the summer

I liked the "game of death" esque finale, but I do agree I think the last cool scene was the chase to get there.

Now this series reminds me of the vastly underrated Statham Crank series (I'd love a part III still to that) but with Everybody's version of what Halo or Call of Duty would be like in real life. I just honestly don't care about any of these characters though. Maybe if they took a step back and made Wick almost like The Man with no Name and just goes to a random town type of deal.

And I really thought he gave the leader a fake wedding ring that was going to be filled with a bomb he would detonate at the end. The ending in general kind of annoyed me as I thought McShane was rusing the girl at the end. But if that's really it then who knows.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon May 20, 2019 12:25 am
Waitress in LA

Has the best choreography of the 3, the worst script, the most playful tone, the best side characters, and on the whole, the best entertainment value.

I can't get enough of this series. Shouldn't be understated how big an accomplishment it is that, even though the plot in this one is fairly stupid, the series has evolved itself into something equally as compelling as the first entry, which had a captivating, dog-loving revenge beat as engaging as Liam Neeson's rampage in Taken.

The atmosphere of Wick's world is that of a dark manga - endless hordes of assassins around every corner, entire cities deeply interlaced with an expansive network of services at their disposal - all of it outrageous, and yet strangely dream-like enough, with its dazzling bright-on-black visuals in a retro-cyberpunk harmony, to draw the viewer in without question.

Parabellum is better put-together than the last one. It's more fun, the visuals seem less forced. Great to see it doing so well box office-wise; with a bigger budget, now these stuntmen have honed in their directing craft, they should yield us plenty more goodness to come.

Loved his fanboy nemesis, and Winston with his chianti in the saferoom. The part with Halle Berry seemed to drag a little compared to the rest - she overacted it a bit. But no major complaints here; the silliness of the script, is part of what makes it so good, in a way.

Solid A.

Thu May 23, 2019 7:01 am
Superman: The Movie

Best film of the year.

And for anyone thinking McShane’s a bad guy now, he’s not. If he wanted Wick dead he would’ve shot him in the head and ended it.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:51 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

My least favorite John Wick film. It's not like it's bad but it gets to be too much. It starts superbly but as expected the action starts pretty quickly and what would normally be a grand finale in an action movie starts in the beginning. Then it's pretty non-stop throughout. By the time you get to the real finale I was exhausted and not excited for it like I'd normally be. It then proceeded to last forever which wasn't fun when I was ready for it to be over once it started. It's not like I didn't think the film would be wall-to-wall action but it gets repetitive. Was hoping they'd find a way to use it more sparingly.

Either way I still enjoyed it overall. Continues to be a cool and stylish action series. Though, while I will continue watching, I wasn't left hungry for another like the first two left me.

7/10 ( B )

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:12 pm
Keeping it Light

It's a pretty great action film, but John Wick set a higher standard and that same emotional motivation from that first film is not there anymore. The world building expands and Berry is nice new character, as is Dacascos who's a much better adversary than Common. The gun scenes, the fighting it's all still greatly choreographed and we get cool action scenes on horses and bikes and with dogs involved as well. It just does get a bit overwhelming eventually, and I can relate to the action fatigue Mike mentions. They just end up trying to bang home too much that Wick is this super hitman that it gets perhaps a bit too ridiculous in the story telling. Still Parabellum is like not many others in terms of action films, and I definitely want to see how it continues.

B+

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:56 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's fun but overstays its welcome. The finale seems to go on forever. Also Asia Kate Dillon should never act again. B-

Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:40 pm
Profile YIM
now we know

People are heartless in this movie, and I'm talking about the supposed public. People drop dead in a busy train station and NOBODY gasps or checks on them or even notices, lol. It's such a comic-book world that the John Wick movies operate in, but damn it's a ton of fun. It has now reached that point where the franchise's only goal is to find ever more ludicrous ways to kill the fodder. I just wish they would take more care over the choreography. Quite often it's jerky and unrealistic. Lots of bad guys waiting to be hit, fidgeting while John Wick reloads his gun instead of hitting him or running away - it's pure videogame on the big screen.

I also think it might be revealed that Wick has an Adamantium skeleton in the fourth movie, lol.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]