Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Reserved Seating- Yay or Nay? 

Reserved Seating
Yay 94%  94%  [ 15 ]
Nay 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 16

Reserved Seating- Yay or Nay? 
Hold the door!

Post Reserved Seating- Yay or Nay?
I hate that every theater around me has reserved seating now. I always have bought tickets day of for my whole life and now I end up sitting in the front when I do that. I’m almost always one of the first to the theater, and I used to get the best seats cuz of that. Now I don’t get a choice usually because it’s so hard to remember to buy tickets so far ahead of time.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:34 am
The Kramer

Post Re: Reserved Seating- Yay or Nay?
Reserved seating is great. You can show up to the theater 15 minutes late, miss all the previews you’ve seen 100 times and still sit comfortably in the middle.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 am
Extraordinary

Yeah, I love reserved seating. I have to say though, the whole waiting in line for hours for a midnight/Thursday night show was pretty fun sometimes just cause people are so excited.

A lot of times recently I've had to tell people to get out of my seat...

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 am
Superman: The Movie

In theory it’s great, but

Quote:
You can show up to the theater 15 minutes late

Quote:
A lot of times recently I've had to tell people to get out of my seat...

People don’t care or pay attention that it’s assigned seating. If you show up late and they’re people in your seat, you spend the first few minutes of the movie having to ask people to move. And if they don’t you have to get an usher. It distracts everyone from the beginning of the movie.

First come first serve is just easier, but it also cuts down on theater skipping so it makes sense most theaters are starting to adopt this.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

For people with no obligations, first come first serve is great!

For people with jobs, or families, reserved is 1000000000000x better.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:13 pm
Hold the door!

I almost never even decide to go to the movies till the day of, so sometimes I can’t buy tickets in advance. Plus it’s more expensive cuz of extra feee.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:45 pm
Romosexual!

Reserved seatings is a godsend. America finally grew up with the rest of the world.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 pm
---------

Reserved seating is just plain amazing. People who plan the furthest out should get first pick on seating, not those who just happen to show at the theater an hour early and want to burn that time just chilling there.

I remember in high school so many instances where a group of us would head to the theater (30+ minutes away), then have to turn home since the showings were sold out. Being able to plan that in advance would have been so much better back then.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:19 pm
Forum General

Reserved seating is 10,000x preferable.

It's kind of crazy that it took this long to become standard.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:03 pm
Keeping it Light

zwackerm wrote:
I almost never even decide to go to the movies till the day of, so sometimes I can’t buy tickets in advance. Plus it’s more expensive cuz of extra feee.

That's interesting, because in China it's actually (much) cheaper to buy your ticket in advance.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:07 pm
now we know

There is (or, was) a love affair and nostalgia with just showing up and choosing out of all the seats that you see available. But that's it. Choosing your seat in advance is obviously better. It saves time and hassle. Sure, sometimes someone is in your seat, but showing them your ticket or telling them to move usually does the trick.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It’s hard to remember to buy tickets ahead of time for a film YOU want to watch?

The only person to blame for you sitting in any front row is yourself.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Hold the door!

nghtvsn wrote:
It’s hard to remember to buy tickets ahead of time for a film YOU want to watch?

The only person to blame for you sitting in any front row is yourself.

When you’ve been doing it that way your whole life yeah. I also don’t breathlessly anticipate every movie I see. I’d definitely precut for Endgame, but even Dumbo was almost sold out a day ahead of time. We did manage seats not in front but we got the last two.

I don’t like to plan my life around going to the movies. It’s usually something I decide to do day of unless it’s something I breathlessly anticipate.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

So you only go to the movies "day of" on the weekend it opens? Because obviously you'll have trouble finding a seat then. Even if you buy ahead of time.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 am
Extraordinary

Reserve seating is the way it should be.
Im old enough to remember when on opening night for a big film a lot of the times theatres sold tickets for a showing and didnt have enough seats and people sat on the steps, glad those days are over.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

So my best friend and I are going to see Toy Story 4 Tuesday at 9:30 at the movie tavern and then heading to the bar after for my 21st birthday. We got seats in row c, the back of the front section, cuz that’s all that was left. How are those seats anyone who’s had them? I’ve sat in the very front once before but I don’t know if the back of the front section is Better. I’m sure it will be fun anyway cuz the tickets were just $5 and there’s free popcorn and i get to spend time with my friend, but I’m wondering how bad the seats are or if they’re actually ok?

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:21 pm
Quality is a great business plan

if you want to just show up in the last minute and get great seats, wait for initial rush to be over. Then you can get great seats in the last moment. Otherwise reserve it.

I used to be shawman.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

zwackerm wrote:
So my best friend and I are going to see Toy Story 4 Tuesday at 9:30 at the movie tavern and then heading to the bar after for my 21st birthday. We got seats in row c, the back of the front section, cuz that’s all that was left. How are those seats anyone who’s had them? I’ve sat in the very front once before but I don’t know if the back of the front section is Better. I’m sure it will be fun anyway cuz the tickets were just $5 and there’s free popcorn and i get to spend time with my friend, but I’m wondering how bad the seats are or if they’re actually ok?

They're fine. They can't be worse than the aisle seats in the first row... For the first Avengers, they were the only two seats left that were side-by-side (got out late from work), so we had to choose them or get a refund I guess. They were awful. This is one certain case I wish reserved seating was made available because we would have waited.

While our preferred seating is the second or third row up the stairs, the last row of the front section (your row) isn't too bad. We've been sitting closer to the front these days because phones aren't as noticeable that way. More and more people are using their phones in recent years. It's kind of ridiculous at the theaters we frequent, to be honest, even if people have them silent and are just checking messages for a few seconds...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Reserved seating is great. You can show up to the theater 15 minutes late, miss all the previews you’ve seen 100 times and still sit comfortably in the middle.

Yep. I used to think it was going to be awful and didn't want it to happen here at all. Now I think it's fantastic. Yeah you have to buy your tickets in advance. Just get used to that. On Sunday I bought tickets for my friends and I to see 4 movies on Tuesday. Seats were already filling up for Annabelle and Toy Story 4. If I waited until the day of we'd get awful seats.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:45 pm
Hold the door!

I checked out row c when I saw child’s play last night. The seats were fine. Can’t believe they were only $5! Gonna be a great 21st!

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:06 pm
Veteran

Yes, reserved - for the very reason why I don't fly Southwest.

I was blind, but now I see.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:15 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

I'd like a mixture. When you're planning an outing with 5+ people in advance it's perfect, but it can ruin the chance of seeing a movie at the last minute.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]