Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
KofiMania baby.
Best story WWE has told (main roster only) since forever

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:21 am
New Server, Same X

WWE has officially announced the RAW Women's Championship will headline Wrestlemania. I was hoping they'd leave it a mystery until the night, but it's smart to announce this now. Get them some good publicity going forward that women are headlining. It's unfortunate that outsiders will assume it's entirely because of Ronda Rousey and not the incredible transformation of Becky Lynch over the last seven months. Not to mention that this Wrestlemania match was always meant to be only Rousey and Charlotte.

I knew they wouldn't go with Daniel and Kofi over Brock Lesnar as the main event, and they really can't justify Lesnar when he's been absent for so long. Just two RAWs left until the night to build the match face-to-face with Rollins.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 pm
The Kramer

I’m not convinced and still expect Roman to go on last as usual. :P

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:00 pm
New Server, Same X

Asuka couldn't have been ready for this god-awful treatment of her since her WWE debut. There should definitely only be one Women's Champion if there are Women's Tag Team Champions, but Asuka shouldn't have won the title at Royal Rumble if it was just going to lead to Charlotte winning it last night to unify the titles at Wrestlemania.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

...they could have just added Asuka to the match, making it a fatal-four way, honestly. It should have simply been Becky/Rousey in the first place, but Charlotte being added already messed that up, so adding another well-deserved talent into the first ever women's Mania main event wouldn't have mattered.

And if they hadn't let Charlotte end Asuka's streak at last year's Mania, and managed to keep it intact until this year's, it would have made the idea of a fatal-four way with her very interesting.

I like Charlotte, she's a great heel, and I certainly consider her one of (if not the) best female talents WWE has ever had, but they're pushing her a bit too much and it hurts the other female talent. Asuka, in particular, keeps getting buried by her.

I'm finding this year's WresteMania pretty damn hard to get excited about. I usually make some sort of plans to watch the event each year, but I don't feel the need to make that attempt this year and see it as just a regular PPV.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

Fuck WWE, They had to ruin everything.

Fucking Asuka reservesSO MUCH than this crap.

Fuck WWE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:01 pm
The Kramer

Colin Jost is a great heel.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:49 am
New Server, Same X

Wrestlemania is so odd this year. They fucked things up so bad in so many ways.

-They pinned so much on Ronda/Becky/Charlotte that they went overboard and convoluted it so badly. It got back on track a bit in the lead-up, but then Charlotte won the Smackdown Womens Title this week. I keep reading that people think it won't be on the line at Wrestlemania, but then why have her win it? Why not keep it on Asuka and have her defend it in that Women's Battle Royal instead?

-Speaking of, I know they want to get everyone their Wrestlemania pay by throwing most of the roster into battle royals, but so many names wasted in those two preshow-destined matches. Andrade should be wrestling Rey Mysterio. Braun Strowman should be the Universal Champion instead of Lesnar. The Hardys should be in one of either tag team championship matches that ... aren't happening? Even on the pre-show? Yikes. Not to mention so many women getting wasted without a separate championship match.

-I have no more words for Brock Lesnar. How are we one week away from the big night and I can't remember how many, if any, face-to-face interactions he's had with Seth Rollins. Absolute joke. If he retains at Mania, just cut to the chase and have him defend it once a year. It's embarrassing to see WWE do this to their audience. Just because they know they can.

-I really don't have any excitement to see the guy who married into the business wrestle the guy who lucked his way into a film career. I remember their original feud being decent, but it was never as exciting as when Batista was building towards his big face turn in 2005. Not to mention he somehow sucks more as a heel than a face.

-I'm sure Kurt Angle and Baron Corbin will turn into something else. If it doesn't... poor Angle. Two years of General Manager work, some multi-man tag matches, and poorly promoted "dream" matches that they threw on TV the last few weeks.

-Shane McMahon... again. Every single Wrestlemania... I welcomed his return a few years ago, but I feel his presence has grown stale, even with a heel turn. At least The Miz should get a good babyface victory at Wrestlemania.

-On the plus side... Daniel Bryan and Kofi. Styles and Orton. Joe and Rey. And of course, Becky Lynch (hopefully) holding one or two championships to close Wrestlemania, thus securing a moment that was never meant to be on an event that was never predicted to be headlined by women. I hope the crowd is alive and well for this match, although the running time makes me fear the worst that the audience will be all but dead for it.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Have there been no rumors of Undertaker or Cena? I know it's a week away so it's very unlikely they'll be there, but it's going to seem bizarre not having them, especially Taker. Not saying they should be on the card just for the sake of it.

This WrestleMania sort of seems like a turning point.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Undertaker not being advertised and also not being inducted into the hall of fame is a bit contradictory, so I assume he'll make an appearance. Probably to interrupt Elias's musical performance. He wasn't technically advertised for last year, so I think we all just assume he'll appear, just not as the result of a feud.

Cena's name got thrown around a lot to be the surprise opponent for Angle at Wrestlemania, because why waste Angle's last match on Baron Corbin? I'm not sure how they would work that, but it sounds probable as well that Cena will make some sort of appearance.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:26 am
The Kramer

Sting said he’d “only come back for Taker” in an interview. If possible they could start the build for that match and have both retire after Mania 36.

I think the card is mostly good, though the legacy matches going on for too long could end that. And I think a tag team title unification match can still be thrown on there to get even more people on the card.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:22 pm
The Kramer

Asuka losing the title instead of getting a pre-show match was unfortunate, she is one of the best in the division and deserves better. But let’s be real, Asuka has been coming out to crickets, even with tapping out Becky at the Rumble. It would have been absurd to throw her into the main event of Wrestlemania. She needs to turn heel and I think it will happen after Lynch unifies the titles. And unifying the titles seems bizzarely rushed at this point (though always welcome), but two champs + the rumble winner is a main event worthy of legend. Becky and Rhonda by themselves still would have been better, but at least we finally have a reason for Charlotte to be here.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:32 am
The Kramer

I also think this Mania is making good on their promise of the New New Era of actually listening to the fans.

1) The two hottest people in company right now, Becky Lynch and Kofi Kingston, will likely walk out of Mania as Champions.

2) The workhouse of the last year, Seth Rollins, will likely get get the biggest of victories and earn the nickname Beastslayer

3) Roman Reigns is not the main event, though there is always the possibility he pulls a WM9 Hogan and walks out Unified Woman’s Champion

4) Other hard-working crowd favorites Finn Balor and Samia Joe get midcard championship matches against soon-to-be hall of famers

Again they could ruin all this by giving Shane and HHH an hour between them (including packages and entrances), killing the pace of an always bloated show. I have hope though.

And I’ll be there! First Mania live!!

Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:40 am
New Server, Same X

Awesome! Hope you have a great time. Going to be a long show, but definitely would be cool to experience a Wrestlemania live.

They're lucky they did a good few segments between Ronda, Becky and Charlotte in the last week or so. The peak of this was between Becky getting bloodied on the RAW before Survivor Series and the one-two punch of Becky's Rumble win and the RAW after Rumble segment between Becky and Ronda. They've undoubtedly killed some of the momentum, but built it back up to a decent level. Bit of a head-scratcher that they wouldn't have their backstage brawl segment end RAW.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:49 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:59 am
New Server, Same X

Funny I just watched that. Pretty damning stuff against WWE. It's stuff we all kind of knew and just kind of ignore (probably like most of today's stars, as they live the dream, only a decade or so away from being tossed aside with no safety net). But it's hard to ignore Oliver's super timely slap in the face of Vince McMahon.

It would be nice to know that when Vince passes on from WWE (take that as you will, cause I doubt he'll ever leave his post while alive), that the next people in charge, whether it's Stephanie, Triple H, whoever, that they'll change how things are for their performers, but I strongly doubt it. If it's made them this much so far, why stop now if people are willing to sacrifice their minds, their bodies, and their lives, for a few good glory years.

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 pm
New Server, Same X

Very curious what happens with Kofi Kingston Sunday. It seems obvious that he'll win, but it was obvious Roman Reigns would beat Brock Lesnar last year at Wrestlemania, and that didn't happen. And Roman Reigns was the chosen one. Kofi Kingston was never meant to be here. It would be easy to have Big E or Xavier Woods (or both?) turn on Kofi this Sunday and cost him the match out of jealousy for his opportunity. Of course it would be smart to have that happen after he wins the title, but considering the match will likely take place in the first half of the night, he may not end up winning.

What seems obvious in WWE is never a guarantee. We've learned that time and time again.

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm
The Kramer

WWE must know what a PR disaster it will be if Kofi loses.

If there’s a surprise upset by a heel it will be Charlotte.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:24 am
New Server, Same X

Charlotte winning in the main event would pretty much kill off Becky. All this buildup, everything, has been leading to Wrestlemania. I would have went so far as to say the match should have had elimination rules, so two people would have to be pinned or made to submit. I don't like that Ronda can escape her first genuine loss. Leaving her unbeatable isn't necessarily a good thing.

I'm not saying I think Kofi will lose. But. With WWE's thinking, having Big E turn on him and cost him the match will transfer the heat of the loss off WWE and onto Big E. Cause booing means the heel thing is working, right?! That's the WWE way!

But it would kill the crowd's momentum for the night, especially if it's in the first half of the show.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:51 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

A "fan" rushed the ring and tackled Bret Hart and Natalya at the HOF tonight. Travis Brown (Rousey's husband) looked like he got in several good blows in on the guy, as did Davey Boy Smith , but Dash Wilder's punch to the guy as they were taking him away was awesome. And luckily for the jerk, Strowman was blocked from reaching him.

The superstars all reacted quickly to the situation, but maybe some security closer to the ring is needed if they have the HOF in the ring again in the future.

Also, NXT Takeover: New York was amazing. Two easy match of the year contenders (Dunne/Walter and Gargano/Cole) for the year already.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And that's not all the crazy happening in the wrestling world tonight!

While it could have been a work (the cameras did cut away though and commentary ignored them...), Enzo and Cass (yes, them...) jumped the barricade at G1 tonight (which has also been great) at MSG and got their asses beat by the Briscoes, Bully (Bubba Ray) who was at ringside, and some security. It all occurred off camera... There's fan footage all over social media.

The only odd thing is that while security was there in force, they didn't intervene very well (but did keep the fans back), suggesting a possible work? But it's pro-wrestling...I could see security just thinking it was part of the show, maybe? Plus it's Enzo, who has a history. Who knows right now.

Now don't go jumping the barricade and attacking anyone at WrestleMania tomorrow night, Flava'd!!!

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I'm not sure there is a more disastrously horrible run for a surefire hot gimmick than Enzo and Cass. I always wondered why WWE didn't put the titles on them, but I have to give WWE the benefit of the doubt and assume they had massive egos and were a giant pain in the ass thinking they were future (and current) stars. No one will ever care about either one of them again. Big Cass will be wrestling indie shows in ten years with a beer belly and shaved head, and who knows what bullshit Enzo will be trying to push. Guess that music career didn't work out for him.

I want to write a big prediction post for Wrestlemania tonight, but I really don't care about more than half of the match outcomes. I've written all I want to write about it. My last wish for Becky Lynch, besides winning, is that they paid the rights to sample The Man Comes Around for her to come out to, like they did with Johnny Cash's Ain't No Grave for Undertaker a few years ago.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm
The Kramer

Predictions:

Charlotte Flair
Kofi Kingston
Seth Rollins
Batista
Shane McMahon
Sasha and Bayley
Randy Orton
Roman Reigns
Samoa Joe
Finn Balor
Kurt Angle
Richochet and Aleister Black
Braun Strowman
Asuka
Buddy Murphy
The Revival (how did this match get on the card lol???)
And maybe John Cena over Elias?

I’ll try to post some pics when I get there.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:28 pm
100% That Bitch

So Asuka doesn't even win the battle royal? Fuck them

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Certainly a big way to begin WrestleMania this year. Hopefully Lesnar loses, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The massive entrance screen is cool, but it's a rather boring stage this year overall. Could have put the WrestleMania logo lined above it or something.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170 ... 235  Next