Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Corpse wrote:
Pretty enormous pop for Becky last night. She's been receiving them for awhile now, but last night's was extra special. She and Ronda can definitely headline WrestleMania over Lesnar/Rollins, especially since we know the WWE title match itself will be way down the card.

Also...a lot of rumors going around about Ambrose leaving soon. These sort of rumors are plentiful leading up to WrestleMania each year, but this one seems the most likely to me. His whole segment last night was pretty odd, and Renee making the comment (barely audible) that he's frustrated or something sounded "real". Nia Jax (and Tamina) cutting his promo off further adds to the speculation that something is going on as well.

I wouldn't be surprised, either, if he's mostly written off since he has no storyline now after losing to Rollins clean.

Makes more sense after seeing RAW. I've said it before but there just aren't enough spots for everyone, in any wrestling company. WWE will continue to get flak for this, but there's only so much room for everyone to get the spotlight, and with the women elevating themselves so much, the spotlight is shifting. Dean Ambrose has every right to want more, and maybe he deserves it, but many people of equal or greater value to the company have not reached the upper tier. I don't know if this is a CM Punk situation and he'll leave wrestling entirely, or he'll try to go for AEW, but it sucks either way.

And the character kind of sucks too. He should have fit so snugly into a heel role, but I feel like this run is seriously lacking. Maybe the TLC reaction didn't help. And his role as the moral compass of WWE is too similar to Daniel Bryan, even if Bryan turned after Ambrose. He's doing a better job.

Of course, this all seems to forgive the fact that one of the top spots in the company keeps going to Brock Lesnar. But that's an argument I've made countless times before and will likely continue to make for a while yet.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's official. WWE released their statement concerning him earlier today. :/

"Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE.”

https://www.wwe.com/article/dean-ambros ... e-contract

I doubt WWE will include him in any matches or storylines for his remaining 2-3 months with the company, unless it's an obligation issue or something. I wonder if Renee will follow.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I like that things were left ambiguous last night with Becky and Charlotte. Gives WWE more time to re-consider adding Charlotte to the match. The best idea would be to have Becky and Charlotte have a match at Elimination Chamber, stipulation being if Charlotte wins, she gets added to the Wrestlemania match. But have Becky beat her, building more momentum for her going to the big show. Play up the injury angle if they want. But as much chemistry as Becky and Charlotte have, it will be too much to make it a triple threat. The only beneficiary of that is Charlotte, and she doesn't need it. Give her Asuka at Wrestlemania.

The intense heat on RAW between Becky and Rousey was something incredibly special. They may not have had a rivalry this good in a long, long time.

Does anyone with knowledge of NXT know how long Becky did that stereotypical gimmick in 2012 where she came out dancing an Irish jig? I had to Youtube some of her pre-WWE stuff and that was so glaringly awful. I'm very careful to make comparisons, but it does remind me so much of Austin's The Ringmaster, Rock's Rocky "Blue Chipper" Maivia, John Cena's clean-cut babyface "Ruthless Aggression" gimmick. Some men and women never can shake an awful gimmick, and they either live out their days forever remembered as one terrible character, or they leave and try to make a respectable name outside of WWE. But the best always seem to rise above awful gimmicks. Even the Becky Lynch that flew out in a long jacket and those weird glasses seem like a distant memory.

Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:47 pm
The Kramer

I bet Dean will go to Japan. Seems like a good fit for him to play out whatever creative ideas he has. And he can take Omega’s spot as the top foreign star, probably getting a top 2 match on next year’s Wrestle Kingdom.

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 am
New Server, Same X

I have to imagine that guys in the midcard position, like Dean, are feeling the heat of someone like a Becky Lynch coming along and capturing the spotlight and being the biggest star in the company too. I'm not saying anyone is sexist or doesn't support the women of WWE taking a bigger role, but an extremely competitive business just got even more competitive when Becky, Ronda, Charlotte, Asuka, all the division, are given a bigger part of TV and PPV. Deservedly so. But what was once a "bathroom break" for some is now the reason to watch.

Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:48 am
100% That Bitch

You can partially thank that to their stupid agitation of putting all of their (male) eggs on Reigns. They have no one else and Becky took his spot and schooled everyone else it's funny.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 am
100% That Bitch

Why is WWE reusing the SCSA storyline about being hurt on Becky? Lol can't they come up with something new?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 am
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
Why is WWE reusing the SCSA storyline about being hurt on Becky? Lol can't they come up with something new?

I'm all in favor of anything they want to do to keep getting Becky more and more over. If you want to re-capture the magic of Austin and McMahon with Becky and (Stephanie) McMahon, so be it. But... she doesn't need that either. There's a magic between Becky and Ronda. Don't muddy the waters on this.

One positive I can say is that, for all the times they have tried desperately to re-create Austin/McMahon in the last 20 years, this was the best imitation. But only because of Becky. And it's so not necessary.

WWE is nothing if not the same six storylines repeated over and over again. So it's hardly a surprise they'd go this route. But don't lean on the Austin comparisons, just briskly run by them.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:10 pm
100% That Bitch

Well... This segment worked. I had to lower the volume of my earphones as the Becky chant was TOO LOUD.
This is your superstar please don't fuck it up

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Like most people, I have a love/hate relationship when watching Triple H. But there is no one better at getting someone over. Did Becky need it? Of course not. But very few that Triple H has helped get over needed it either. It's just a nice bonus that benefits the recipient.

Charlotte keeps lingering around the storyline, and I'm curious where that goes. It could be a red herring. But it still needs to be Rousey and Becky.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:25 pm
New Server, Same X

It's crazy thinking about how Becky Lynch has been a focal point of the last five shows (Rumble, two RAWs and two Smackdowns). She even had the opening segment for the last three shows. A bit of doubt and question about where they're going doesn't hurt, provided that it doesn't change the fact that she and Ronda headline Wrestlemania.

On the flip side, Daniel Bryan works so well on his own and he's changed my mind about his character change. So why did they partner him with Erick Rowan? I didn't mind the idea of him being a silent force in Daniel's corner, but putting him on the mic was a bit unfortunate last night. It's like when they have Brock speak more than a line while Heyman is next to him.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:15 pm
100% That Bitch

Yeah, lol Rowan should never speak again.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:33 pm
New Server, Same X

Rumor says that Randy Orton would be open to AEW. Honestly, I'm against just about any kind of WWE signing for AEW, but... I'd be fine to see Orton go. His legacy in WWE is so strange. He's been a main-event level talent, especially a decade ago, but I don't even consider him HOF-worthy or a top tier talent overall. He's currently a mid-carder and I don't know if I'd say his career is much more than midcard worthy. And I cannot for the life of me name one Orton feud in the last five years. He's on the same level as Big Show. I'm never certain whether he's a face or heel.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 pm
100% That Bitch

You're underselling him, Orton is huge and no way in hell he'll ever go TO AEW.
Orton is probably second to only Cena of his generation (no Batista andes artículo don't count)

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:48 am
New Server, Same X

Yeah, I'm probably underselling him. Or maybe WWE has misused him for too long.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'd consider him a top-tier superstar... it's only that he's been just sort of there the past few years. Basically after he winning the 2017 Rumble and giving up his title opportunity due to joining the Wyatt Family (...), he mostly left the spotlight and has settled into a upper mid-card talent that serves as a hurdle for most to get into the WWE title picture.

I think he's content in his current role, though, as any rumors of him being unhappy in the company are typically him just trolling social media himself.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Boy, they really mangled Becky's heel turn, and made Charlotte the most villainous she's seemed in years by taking her title opportunity. Turning Braun heel against Reigns could have gone just as badly, but I think the only reason it worked is he aligned with Ziggler and McIntyre who were unanimously being cheered against, and likewise Rollins and Ambrose allows the crowd to go pro Reigns. By that logic they just need the Absolution girls to line up behind Becky or something. Speaking of McIntyre, for someone Vince most likely sees as a future world champion and has a picture of underneath his pillow (His Look is perfect), I think the way they handled it making him part of a duo/faction instead of throwing him back into singles career right away was perfect. Reigns and Braun started as part of factions as well so it's not a bad way to do it

I take it Shawn Michaels is coming back to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Uhh I guess I'd get excited for it, but HBK vs Styles type of match would have been more interesting than two guys born in 1965.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:51 am
New Server, Same X

Shack wrote:
Boy, they really mangled Becky's heel turn

I love Shack's posts. He's like some weird time capsule to remember how things used to be.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:03 am
100% That Bitch

Lololol he's so close to The Man persona

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's been rumored ever since the Royal Rumble that inter-gender matches may become apart of WWE again, and now Jax vs. Ambrose is being booked for Live Events.

And with them seemingly at the start of a feud following their last two segments on RAW, I wonder if Nia vs. Ambrose will become a match at WrestleMania. It'd be an interesting send off for Dean, and I don't know if it'd be good or bad?

Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Intergender wrestling doesn't interest me. They are actively building the women's division, and having a woman wrestle a man, especially if it does happen at Wrestlemania, feels cheap. If Nia wins, certain fans won't be able to suspend their disbelief that a woman beat a man. If she loses, Ambrose beat a woman.

WWE could bring in a ton of good press for two women potentially closing the biggest wrestling event of the year. If on the same card, they have a man trading blows with a woman, no matter that match's outcome, it's detrimental to an image boost WWE could desperately use right now. It isn't empowering for a woman to beat a man in a wrestling match. It's empowering to have women outshine men on a wrestling show, week after week.

If this was a legitimate plan, and has been for a while, it could shed some negative light on Dean Ambrose if he's upset that he's wrestling a woman and likely putting her over. If this is spur of the moment, it looks like WWE is trying to embarrass Ambrose, which isn't good either.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 am
New Server, Same X

I've seen a lot of arguments made for and against what happened last night. I think we all knew it was going to happen, but it sucks that their insistence on making Charlotte a part of the biggest women's match is going to ruin what would have been a huge match between Becky and Ronda.

Obviously Becky will be re-added to the match, but a triple threat wasn't the way to go. I don't know if Ronda simply doesn't want to lose clean, if they need to include Charlotte, or whatever the case is, but it sucks. The only thing that could save it is if they have Becky challenge her for the spot in the match, not to be added. But that just again ruins the outcome of another Royal Rumble. What's the point in a Royal Rumble win if it doesn't lead to a match at Wrestlemania?

Having Becky and Ronda standing next to each other as Charlotte comes out leads me to believe they're trying to align them in some way, not as a team, but in their hatred for Charlotte. WWE is trying to pivot on the heel reactions for Ronda because she's not meant to be a heel. So Charlotte will take that heel role.

I don't know how I honestly feel. WWE thinks fans booing Charlotte means their plan is working, but sometimes it's not about booing the heel, it's about booing what is happening and how wrong it is. But like certain political figures, they do what they want, people react, no one is held accountable and they move on like the idea was 100% fool-proof and they're geniuses.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 am
100% That Bitch

Gurl the wrestling fans are melting and I love this. Great trolling WWE

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm
100% That Bitch

That has to be Charlotte's best promo ever. that was good.

All hail King Kofi

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:05 am
New Server, Same X

It was expert WWE trolling, I'm just saying I'm not into Charlotte being in the match. I think I'm less into knowing that Ronda won't get pinned or submit. It's fine for someone to lose a match clean. Building up undefeated streaks doesn't work unless she's going to be undefeated/unpinned for her whole run.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168 ... 235  Next