Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 2016-2017 NFL Discussion Thread 
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: 2016-2017 NFL Discussion Thread

See you in Miami!

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

The NFL has now passed the threshold into boredom. It's like baseball and basketball but almost worse now with only a few teams having a realistic chance of winning. I hope the ratings for the dullest Super Bowl in my lifetime are horrid so the NFL gets the message and prevents the same teams from always making it. No one wants that considering the Patriots are not likeable. Brady the golden boy cheated on his pregnant girlfriend for chrissakes.

Meanwhile, Mahomes really likes ketchup and puts it on everything. There's not a bad thing you can say about the guy on the field or off. I guarantee a Rams/Chiefs Bowl would have been more exciting and get better ratings than this will. That Monday Night game was awesome.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 am

That Monday night game was awesome. It was an awesome way to show how not to win a championship. How many points did the Rams score that night in Week 11? 54? Tonight? When it mattered most?

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Jmart wrote:
That Monday night game was awesome. It was an awesome way to show how not to win a championship. How many points did the Rams score that night in Week 11? 54? Tonight? When it mattered most?

13-3 is boring and Brady is a grade A jerk that is impossible to root for. The NFL needs to be pushing guys who are actually likeable, especially considering all the bad PR they constantly get for players that punch their wives/girlfriends, not to mention guys who have been suspended for probably cheating and did definitely cheat on their pregnant girlfriend. Pushing new stars like Mahomes v. Goff round 2 would have been the best thing for their product as a whole.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:01 am

I wonder how Matt Patricia and the Lions organization are feeling tonight. Last year his defense gave up 41 points to Nick Foles. Then the Lions had another wonderful year of avoiding the Super Bowl. A year later, his first (and only) year replacement Brian Flores, using pretty much the same personnel on defense, gave up (and I cannot say this number enough), 3 to the league’s best offense.

You know who has kind of got to feel good about tonight? The Miami Dolphins. Sure seeing the Patriots win another Super Bowl (6 now, by the way) might make them vomit a little in their mouth, but their next head coach just shut down the Rams in overwhelming fashion. Sure the Dolphins don’t have the same personnel on defense and they don’t have a quarterback, but they have to feel decent going forward. Maybe this will be the one person from the Patriots who doesn’t suck once they leave Belichick.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:02 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Jmart wrote:
I wonder how Matt Patricia and the Lions organization are feeling tonight. Last year his defense gave up 41 points to Nick Foles. Then the Lions had another wonderful year of avoiding the Super Bowl. A year later, his first (and only) year replacement Brian Flores, using pretty much the same personnel on defense, gave up (and I cannot say this number enough), 3 to the league’s best offense.

You know who has kind of got to feel good about tonight? The Miami Dolphins. Sure seeing the Patriots win another Super Bowl (6 now, by the way) might make them vomit a little in their mouth, but their next head coach just shut down the Rams in overwhelming fashion. Sure the Dolphins don’t have the same personnel on defense and they don’t have a quarterback, but they have to feel decent going forward. Maybe this will be the one person from the Patriots who doesn’t suck once they leave Belichick.

Kansas City had a better offense than the Rams. 3 points per game better. And they proved it with their game against the same team. Mahomes is amazingly fun to watch.

And I can't believe Brady isn't retiring. Just how big of an ego does he have? And how much money does he need?

Last edited by Harry Warden on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 am

Harry Warden wrote:
Jmart wrote:

13-3 is boring and Brady is a grade A jerk that is impossible to root for. The NFL needs to be pushing guys who are actually likeable, especially considering all the bad PR they constantly get for players that punch their wives/girlfriends, not to mention guys who have been suspended for probably cheating and did definitely cheat on their pregnant girlfriend. Pushing new stars like Mahomes v. Goff round 2 would have been the best thing for their product as a whole.

They tried. They pretty much WWE’d the Rams to the Super Bowl.

Instead, considering they have Goodell as commissioner who will do anything in his power to cover up domestic abuse, they got what they deserved.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:08 am
Profile WWW

Harry Warden wrote:
Jmart wrote:

Kansas City had a better offense than the Rams. 3 points per game better. And they proved it with their game against the same team. Mahomes is amazingly fun to watch.

And I can't believe Brady isn't retiring. Just how big of an ego does he have? And how much money does he need?

Yeah, it was amazingly fun to watch him sit on the bench in overtime. :funny:

An ego that wants win as many championships as possible. He just single-handedly tied the Steelers in championships. It took him 17 years what the Steelers did in 34 and with multiple quarterbacks. I’m guessing he’d like to pass them and some other guy named Jordan.

And it’s never been about the money for Brady. Otherwise he’d be the highest paid quarterback (he wasn’t even in the top 15 in terms of base salary this year). He’s certainly earned it. But the team would suffer and he wouldn’t have as many rings.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:18 am
Profile WWW

More things I have to mention because they make me happy.

13-3 final. That’s the biggest margin the Patriots have ever won a Super Bowl by. And they scored 13. :funny:

Super Bowl XXXVI - Patriots 20 Rams 17 - +3
Super Bowl XXXVIII - Patriots 32 Panthers 29 - +3
Super Bowl XXXIX - Patriots 24 Eagles 21 - +3
Super Bowl XLIX - Patriots 28 Seahawks 24 - +4
Super Bowl LI - Patriots 34 Falcons 28 - +6
Super Bowl LIII - Patriots 13 Rams 3 - +10

13 is now the lowest scoring amount by a Super Bowl winning team. The “record” was previously held by the Dolphins with 14 in Super Bowl VII.

And of course, Tom Brady (41) is now the oldest quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:50 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The best part of the whole game was Brady’s post-game interview and wondering if that tiny woman would be stampeded as ole Tom moved through a hundred reporters to hug different people. Props to her for keeping up. She did more than any of the Rams offensive players.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:18 am
Extraordinary

Wonderful super bowl . I like a good defensive game . Glad Brady came out on top.

Most of the commercials were trash.
I did like the Alexa, dude and sex in the city girl and the close talker Colgate.

Halftime was trash.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am
Romosexual!

God hates America

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:52 am
Orphan

Rev wrote:
God hates America

Not sure if it was entirely serious or not but someone posted on my Facebook feed that the NFL is racist by letting the Patriots win so much because the team has more star white players than it does black players in a sport otherwise dominated by players of color outside of the QB position (though the best QB according to the awards handed out was Mahomes).

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Jmart wrote:

See you in Miami!

:wub2:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 am
Orphan

Lowest rated Super Bowl in a decade. Way to go, NFL allowing the Patriots in it again. You get what you deserve.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Harry Warden wrote:
Lowest rated Super Bowl in a decade. Way to go, NFL allowing the Patriots in it again. You get what you deserve.

4 years ago the Patriots were in the highest rated Super Bowl ever. 2 years ago they were in the 3rd highest rated Super Bowl ever.

Clearly nobody gave a shit about the Rams, because the Saints got screwed.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 am
Orphan

Chippy wrote:
Harry Warden wrote:

4 years ago the Patriots were in the highest rated Super Bowl ever. 2 years ago they were in the 3rd highest rated Super Bowl ever.

LEAVE THE POOR RAMS ALONE!!!! ;)

Only a Pats fan like you wouldn't be tired of the same team always being in it. Of course New England being in it again isn't going to appeal to the casual fans that the Super Bowl needs. To take another part of a post on my Facebook feed, "Oh look, another short pass from one white guy to another smaller white guy. Exciting."

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 am

Harry Warden wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Harry Warden wrote:

LEAVE THE POOR RAMS ALONE!!!! ;)

Only a Pats fan like you wouldn't be tired of the same team always being in it. Of course New England being in it again isn't going to appeal to the casual fans that the Super Bowl needs. To take another part of a post on my Facebook feed, "Oh look, another short pass from one white guy to another smaller white guy. Exciting."

The Saints getting screwed didn’t help. Ratings were down by 50% compared to last year in New Orleans.

It’s a shame your Facebook feed couldn’t appreciate Sony Michel. He’s now arguably the most important player on offense. Then again, that wouldn’t fit the narrative.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

This was a Belichick Super Bowl. He daddy dick'd McVay

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Robert Kraft is about to be arrested in a prostitution sting.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:25 pm
Devil's Advocate

Fuck Antonio Brown

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 pm
Top Poster

I believe brown and bell are a package deal for raiders. I feel lIke the Antonio brown unhappiness is heavily influenced by how Pittsburgh treated leveon bell and they secretly hatched this plan to join a new team together. Maybe martavius bryant will return to raiders as well after his suspension and was the secret recruit?

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The Browns added Sheldon Richardson early in the day and then traded for Odell Beckham. Best offseason day for Cleveland since LeBron came back?

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:59 pm
Romosexual!

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE GOING TO WIN THE AFC NORTH DIVISION!!!

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm
Keeping it Light

Lol

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next