Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Mister Ecks wrote:
Watching Smackdown Live. Someone posted on Twitter something that terrifies me. What if Becky not only loses to Asuka, doesn't participate in the Rumble and Charlotte wins the Rumble?

I think that's one time where I'd say "If [incredibly shitty event] happens, we riot"

TBH, She HAS to lose to Asuka. If she beats Asuka it makes her a paper champion and take down several levels, same with the DQ finish. Asuka HAS to make Becky pass out and win. Elevates Asuka and gives Becky yet another "didn't submit" aka Austin at WM 13.

It's like SO EASY to do this I'm afraid they will fuck it up.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:30 pm
100% That Bitch

I know most of you don't want her NXT but holy shit the Gargano/Ciampa feud is one of the all time great stories EVER told.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:03 am
New Server, Same X

We're all coming to the slow realization that WWE fucks things up. And it's not that they go into it wanting to fuck it up, they just hate it when fans either have better ideas than them or the fans think of their ideas first, so the obvious answer is to do the exact opposite of what they want.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:26 am
The Kramer

New rumors say that Ronda is done after Mania ... which sucks pretty hard and may be why they’re pushing this triple threat so hard when nobody seems to want it.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:23 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

If the rumor is true, I don't see how they don't attempt a Four Horsewomen versus Four Horsewomen match at Mania. Their showdown has been loosely built for the past three or four years now.

It's possible that Shayna Baszler drops the title at Takeover: Phoenix this weekend, and then makes her WWE debut as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble (or interfering for Ronda). Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir are getting some more screen time lately, too, and there's plenty of time to get them on the main roster, such as being one of the tag teams competing for the Women's Tag Titles at the Elimination Chamber (that also allows them to interact with Sasha and Bayley, too).

Becky - Ronda
Charlotte - Shayna
Sasha/Bayley - Jessamyn/Marina

Pretty ideal individual match-ups (or confrontations), too, leading up to their four-on-four.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

There are also those that don't believe a word Dave Meltzer reports. Apparently he also said she would be a part-timer like Brock, but she's been pretty steadily featured every week.

It would be kind of an unfortunate blow for them to lose her, and vice versa. She's been, for better or worse, a valuable asset, and it gave her a second life in the entertainment business. She could transition to film, but she'll be lucky to get DTV fare.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:56 pm
New Server, Same X

Apparently now it's coming out that she's signed until 2021, but now the reports suggest she'll be taking a hiatus. Which is understandable, she's been steadily working there since last year. She has the schedule Brock Lesnar should have. So I won't knock her if she wants to step aside for a while.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:41 am
100% That Bitch

So the female rumble feels way bigger than the men's.

I need my Asuka makes Becky pass out to the Asuka lock and then Becky taking Mella's 30th spot to face Ronda at the WM main event.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:21 pm
The Kramer

That’s what we all want Mau but if the Ronda rumors are true then Charlotte is definitely winning for the triple threat. They won’t want Ronda to take the fall or be booed at Wrestlemania.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:27 pm
100% That Bitch

I just bought the WWE Network and they give me Ricochet/Gargano. FOR FREE. THSBK U JESÚS

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:10 am
The Kramer

Ricochet v Gargano was amazing as you’d expect. The War Raiders were awesome too.

The rest of the card was kinda meh though, a rarity for Takeover. I like Bianca but she was never a real threat to Shayna. The main event was just kind of there with a very Japanese ending of Ciamppa hitting his finisher three times in a row to win. And I still can’t believe they went with Riddle v Ohno again instead of Velveteen Dream. But hey they can’t all be 5 star classics.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:52 pm
100% That Bitch

Great match. Loved how Asuka making her tap clean

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:56 pm
The Kramer

Becky!!! :thumbsup:

I guess they did learn from all the failed Roman rumbles.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:42 pm
100% That Bitch

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:51 pm
100% That Bitch

Welp. The women's division has more fire than anything else at the moment, if they don't run the Ronda/Backyard angle tonight. Imma go crazy.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 am
The Kramer

I can’t tell if the men’s rumble was bad or if I was just exhausted after a 5 hour show. Shane/Miz and AJ/DB should have been on Smackdown.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:15 pm
New Server, Same X

What a perfect way to run a Royal Rumble match. Lana coming out limping, I thought "If they really do this and don't run with Becky taking the spot, they're crazy". Played out perfectly. Then I had a major fear that they would have her enter the match and get eliminated at the very end by Charlotte. But they actually did the right thing and it was awesome. They've hit all the right spots so far. For the love of God, stay the course WWE.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I can’t tell if the men’s rumble was bad or if I was just exhausted after a 5 hour show. Shane/Miz and AJ/DB should have been on Smackdown.

I was pretty pissed that the Women's Royal Rumble showed up so early (especially after Becky opened the show, which I felt made it obvious she would show up later on). But after watching the whole thing, I'm glad they didn't wait till the end. It may not have had the same reaction levels since the crowd was pretty much exhausted.

Although I do think the Men's Royal Rumble was boring on its own, because they didn't have the star power. If it wasn't painfully obvious, the men are seriously lacking right now. Or, I should say the babyfaces are lacking. Anyone worth a shot is a heel, but we have two heel champions. I'm going to guess people won't care that much that Seth Rollins will face Brock at Wrestlemania.

Speaking of... I'm continuously disappointed that WWE runs this notion that someone gave Brock a run for his money and that somehow is as good as outright beating him. Finn Balor deserved it last night, and I hope this isn't the last we see of him in the main event.

And one more point: I'm glad they kept the veteran entries to a minimum, especially for the Women. It was great to see them showcase all their current talent. Last year was a bit of overkill with so many veteran women in there. They've successfully created a women's division worth watching. Don't ruin that with unnecessary previous stars taking any of the spotlight.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:29 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm curious if they'll go outright with Ronda and Becky, or if they're going to run an angle about how she wasn't meant to be in the Rumble and that Fit Finlay didn't have the authority to make the decision, so they have to consider Charlotte. I won't complain beyond them throwing out the result, but I do hope it's one-on-one and not a triple threat or fatal 4-way. As much as women like Charlotte and Sasha deserve the chance, it should be Ronda and Becky at Wrestlemania.

I'm assuming it's 99% guaranteed Seth will face Brock at Wrestlemania, but I wonder what route they go down with Daniel Bryan. Hopefully AJ Styles is done with Bryan, the storyline is played out. It's a bit early to have someone like Mustafa Ali in a main event match. Who else is there as a babyface that can rise to the occasion? Please God not Randy Orton or Rey Mysterio.

Also: I'm not a fan of having Nia Jax in the Men's Royal Rumble. It felt kind of cheap. Inter-gender wrestling in general doesn't work. The only time I remember it working is Ronda and Triple H at Wrestlemania, and that was rightly brief.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty solid Rumble.

After Nia Jax entered herself into the Men's Rumble, I couldn't help but think it would have been a huge, and historic moment, if that had been Becky Lynch instead and actually winning. The Man beating the men.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Rollins winning was the right call. Can’t think of anyone else who deserved it more. I do wonder if Seth will switch over to Smackdown and let Balor have another shot at Lesnar. I can’t recall the last time Brock beat up someone after the bell and it was weird that Finn wasn’t the demon.

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:09 pm
100% That Bitch

OMG this Becky/Ronnie primo WAS FIRE GIVE THEM GHE WM ME RN

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:13 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Pretty enormous pop for Becky last night. She's been receiving them for awhile now, but last night's was extra special. She and Ronda can definitely headline WrestleMania over Lesnar/Rollins, especially since we know the WWE title match itself will be way down the card.

Also...a lot of rumors going around about Ambrose leaving soon. These sort of rumors are plentiful leading up to WrestleMania each year, but this one seems the most likely to me. His whole segment last night was pretty odd, and Renee making the comment (barely audible) that he's frustrated or something sounded "real". Nia Jax (and Tamina) cutting his promo off further adds to the speculation that something is going on as well.

I wouldn't be surprised, either, if he's mostly written off since he has no storyline now after losing to Rollins clean.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Becky and Ronda was absolute insanity. I love when the crowd is fully into something and they were fully into that segment. On Becky's side, hating Ronda. It was glorious. I thought Ronda would get fazed by the reaction, but she played into it perfectly. Even the stumble she had before her match, she let the crowd know they got her, which was a nice bit of realism. The tension is palpable. Everything is perfect so far. My only concern is we're two months out from Wrestlemania, and WWE isn't big on building something long-term like this anymore. I hope they do it just right. But so far, these two are perfect, and the chemistry between them is undeniable. I also hope they opt to have Ronda play into the heel role.

There was a time when women like Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, they could have all made a case to be the first women to headline Wrestlemania. They still can someday. But up until now, if they did get the chance, it would feel a bit undeserving. But Ronda and Becky deserve it. All the women have built the division up, but they needed two huge components: a legitimate force with the championship (Ronda Rousey) and someone to rise to the top (Becky Lynch). They have both.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm
New Server, Same X

Up to and including Royal Rumble, I was resigned to the fact that Charlotte could get added to the Becky/Ronda match, and I'm reading that's still the plan. But after last night, this is obviously the worst decision to be made. They have enough to go on their own. Adding Charlotte would only be because she thinks she deserves the chance. But this is Becky and Ronda's moment. Don't make this a triple-threat. The course has been set. Don't lose it now.

Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167 ... 235  Next