Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 "13 Reasons Why" 
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: "13 Reasons Why"
God Netflix is so thirsty

I would have gone with anthology for this. A whole new school with new characters.

Tue May 22, 2018 11:17 am
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
Season 3 is already casting

Seriously? I figured it would be the end. I haven't finished it yet though. I wonder if it will be new characters/school.

Wed May 23, 2018 2:09 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Magic Mike wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:
Season 3 is already casting

Seriously? I figured it would be the end. I haven't finished it yet though. I wonder if it will be new characters/school.

It's not. Dylan Minnette at least is definitely returning.

Anyways, I'm 11 episodes into season 2. It's not as good as the first but still compulsively watchable and the performances are great. There have also been some crazy twists I didn't see coming. This season has also done a great job at making some of its characters really likable. I LOVE Jessica, Alex and Zach now. And Kate Walsh and Dylan Minnette continue to deliver phenomenal, Emmy worthy performances.

Thu May 24, 2018 7:13 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Katherine Langford won't be returning for season 3.

It makes total sense given what happened in the finale and I don't see what else they could have done with her character. I'd be surprised if Kate Walsh returned too. But she's inevitably on to bigger things, she's insanely talented.

Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I'm half way through Season 1 and I've been really enjoying this so far. I was hesitant at first thinking it was going to be a real downer of a show and while it is sad it's definitely nowhere near as depressing as I thought it would be.

Can't wait to start Season 2.

Sun May 27, 2018 11:30 am
Wallflower

For a while Season 2 was hit and miss but it really picked up towards the end. The finale was terrific and emotional. If you'd asked me early on in the season my answer may have been different but Season 2 is definitely worth your time. I love Jessica, Justin, and Alex this season. Hated them during the first. Eagerly anticipating Season 3. I'll be pissed if one doesn't happen.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:20 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

It's already renewed, Netflix just hasn't announced it yet.

And yeah, this season is underrated. The finale is great.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:33 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

I don't understand the hate for the season at all. It came together very nicely.

The scene at the dance with "The Night We Met" playing was great. Very heartbreaking. I also cried during Clay's speech at the funeral.

I desperately wanted to see
Spoiler: show
Bryce pay in the worst way possible. Sadly him basically getting away with it was pretty realistic.

Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:50 pm
Extraordinary

I liked it overall but I didn't like certain things such as:

The whole Hannah appearance in Clay's mind. I guess we can agree it's a mental illness he's experiencing but I just wasn't feeling it.

The relationship with Skye didn't do it for me either.

The way the girls still kept protecting Bryce by not just coming out and saying what he did. Clay has to release the digital copy just to expose everything and even then the girls still didn't want to face it. I didn't like that message the show was sending.

Finally, the ending. Season 1 hinted at this and the season kind of built up to this but then it doesn't happen which just felt so unrealistic to me in what Tyler had gone through. Clay somehow talks him down? How they gonna cover this up? Where can the show go from here?

I did like:

The summer with Zach and Hannah. That section makes me want to review the first season with them and see where it went wrong. I'm not quite sure what happened there from when he tells her he wants to keep their relationship on the down low and she cuts off her hair for the new school year.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:27 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

The Zach/Hannah episode seemed to have been very divisive but it was one of my favorites of the season. I adored Ross Butler and Katherine Langford's chemistry. I could watch a rom-com with them in a second.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I also enjoyed this season. Probably just as much as the first too, but I can admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of some of the stuff they did with certain characters and when it finally got to the end there really wasn't much of a pay-off even though they were clearly building towards it. Can't wait to see what they do next season though.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 am
Devil's Advocate

thompsoncory wrote:
The Zach/Hannah episode seemed to have been very divisive but it was one of my favorites of the season. I adored Ross Butler and Katherine Langford's chemistry. I could watch a rom-com with them in a second.

Random question, but what is the worst Netflix shows you've seen?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm
Extraordinary

I thought they messed up season 2 and that phony ending was weak but now we have season 3 upon us. Just saw the trailer, it's a murder mystery. Not excited but I'll still watch this for continuity.

#MAGA #KAG!

Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:18 am
Forum General

Can't wait for this show to return. This season looks pretty intriguing too, although a murder mystery surrounding one of the most unlikable characters on the show could end up going either way.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:18 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm two episodes in and I absolutely despise Ani.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:22 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Not gonna read other posts yet as i am still on the binge but want to get some comments out.
Didn’t like this Ani at first but I like her more as the show moves along.
Not a big fan of the abortion ep but if you are gonna present that then at least show the actual destruction of the baby please.
Jess is getting too ill for me. Who goes back to the guy who let you get raped. It’s crazy
Finally, the whole Tyler secret and this keep an eye on him plan is unreal and ridiculous. Zach was the only person with sense there.

Now I continue this binge

#MAGA #KAG!

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:10 am
100% That Bitch

Oh god this season has some.of the worst writting ever.

The "let's keep an eye on Tyler" is the worst and most stupid hurtful decision ever,. This is by far the worst thing ever. Just take him to therapy. This is way worse than the suicide debacle of season 1.
Humanizing Bryce? Gurl bye. "Oh sorry I raped nearly all of the girls now. I'm a changed man" take that bullshit up the writers' ass.
Marty taking the fall and the blame, JUST AS HE WAS TASTING HID LIFE FOR THE FIRDT TIME. Is fucking ridiculous. He deserved Jail time for the Third assault and rape, but to kill him off screen then putting the blame.on him is LAZY AS FUCK. UGH I FUCKING Cannot.
Then in the center of ALL is the wordt lead character of times. Clay Jensen is legit the worst. Why hide all this shit, nothing he did ever made sense and he was a fucking whyny obsessive little bitch who can't accept the Ari just doesn't love him back. Grow the fuckup already

I ended up hatewatching this shit. Also Ari can go back to being a non existing thing.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah this season is really bad. I'm 7 episodes in.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:43 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Episode 10 with Kate Walsh's return was the first episode this season I'd say was good.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:49 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

OK the last few have been solid. On 12 now and Jessica's speech scene was great.

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:08 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

What the hay... episode 7!

Okay I’m quite enjoying this season tbh. Doing a great job with the storyline so far. Closing in on the end.

#MAGA #KAG!

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:44 pm
100% That Bitch

Tbh Kate Walsh and Jess's speech are the oh highlights. I also LOVED Marty's closet storyline, yeah he a cunt but he's waaaaaaay more damaged than any other character and that makes him 10000 times more likable than fucking Clay, ex, Justin, Ari, Jess and especially Burce.
Still can't get over the resolution of the big mistery. Clay wanting to kill someone cuz the girl he wants wants Bryce more LMFAO. His delusional ass can't take it.
Marry was a huge cunt but legit the little screentime he had made him 100*. More human than Bruce, Clay or Jessica and Alex.
Jessica your boyfriendet you get raped. GET THR FUCK AWAY FROM HIM. Alex.... You just slutshanmed your ex gf while on doors. And then the two decide it's ok to go kill someone, have fun.

Fuck this show. Marty was a huge cunt, probs second worst to Bryce but the little storyline they gave him as a closet case finding and enjoying life for a second is a million times better than all of the screentime they gave to Bryce's absolution.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:59 am
Extraordinary

Finally done today. I like how they wrapped it up. Some things were a bit suspect in that why wouldn’t the police bug the Jensen house if they were gonna let him stay at home with a gps unit and wouldn’t that gps unit have audio. There was an unfathomable amount of I’m sorry’s or I’m so sorry in the season. I can’t believe the person lied the whole damn time while Clay is getting arrested.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:12 pm
Extraordinary

I think the only lines that I thought were ridiculous that stuck out was the whole shit convo between Justin and Jess. That was bad. Yes the whole idea of let’s watch Tyler who nearly killed all of us was crazy but Zach voiced that opinion. I still can’t believe Alex and Jess we’re lying what half the season while Clay is being pinned and they would have let it happen if not for Ani. Um, hello. I did like her character a lot. I thought trying to reform Bryce was a bit uncomfortable. As for Monty, hey at least he got something he probably never had at the end. Oh and so much ticking off the boxes as tony has illegal parents deported, boyish looking girl in the club, repressed gay jock, the abortion bit. I would be happy to see a season 4...idk dealing with Ani’s plot hole with Winston and Tyler’s weapons found.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:11 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Fourth and final season premieres June 5th.

Last season was terrible so hoping this course corrects for the last year.

Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next