Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ophelia 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Ophelia 
Keeping it Light

Post Ophelia

Quote:
Ophelia is a 2018 British historical romantic drama film directed by Claire McCarthy and written by Semi Chellas, based on the Shakespearean character of the same name and the novel by Lisa Klein. The film stars Daisy Ridley as the titular character, with Naomi Watts, Clive Owen, Tom Felton, Dominic Mafham and George MacKay in supporting roles.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:19 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Ophelia
This movie is deliciously fun. It's the most commercial movie I saw at Sundance and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a hit. It very much takes a page from the Maleficent playbook and revels in its campiness. There are gorgeous costumes and sets, lush cinematography and a really strong lead performance from Daisy Ridley, who is fantastic here. Naomi Watts is having the time of her life as well in dual roles that give her more to do than any of her movies have in years. This won't win any awards and will certainly have its detractors, but I found it to be an incredibly good time. B+

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:52 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]