Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Edit: Hollywood Sexual Harassment Allegations
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed here yet.

Harvey has pretty much all but admitted to, at least, some of it by saying the culture was different in his younger days, that he bears responsibility for his bad behavior, that he's caused a lot of pain, etc.. I can only imagine a huge wave of women coming forward over the course of the next few days/weeks.

>Indefinite leave of absence.
>Decades of complaints.
>Eight known case settlements.
>One-third of the Weinstein Company board has resigned.
>Some reportedly knowing about his "secret".

And, of course, the potential political fallout.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

Post Re: Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassment Allegations
He is one of them. It will be mentioned a few times during the next weeks and slowly will be tried that people forget about this news. For starters, no mention at all in late night shows bar one.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:50 am
now we know

I think the majority of people don't care. Just like when they tried to drag James Woods through the dirt too.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/ ... 83424/amp/

Defy Media has suspended Andy Signore, SVP of content and creator of Screen Junkies and the “Honest Trailers” parody franchise, after multiple women have come forward to publicly accuse him of sexual harassment, including one woman who alleged that Signore tried to sexually assault her.

April Dawn wrote in a Twitter post Friday that Signore “tried to sexually assault me on multiple occasions” and that the exec threatened to fire her boyfriend, Screen Junkies employee Josh Tapia, if she went public. According to Dawn, she has “been in talks with [Defy Media’s] HR [department] for the past 2 months,” about Signore’s behavior and threats, “but all they’ve done is protect him.”

Emma Bowers, who said she once worked for Signore as an intern at Screen Junkies, wrote on Twitter that she was inspired to come forward after the revelations this week about Harvey Weinstein’s decades of sexual harassment of women. According to Bowers, Signore offered to masturbate in front of her.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:12 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Price wrote:
He is one of them. It will be mentioned a few times during the next weeks and slowly will be tried that people forget about this news. For starters, no mention at all in late night shows bar one.

People are afraid of one of the most powerful people in Hollywood (and beyond). I think he must have pissed someone off high up at the New York Times. It appears that tons of people knew about this but why reveal everything now? Someone must have been holding this over him, or is using it to intimidate other powerful people in Hollywood ("I ruined Harvey, I have dirt on you too so I can ruin you as well!").

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:30 pm
now we know

Nelly has also been accused of rape. What's goin' on??

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

And after several days trying to get him to resign or take a package, the Weinstein board has instead fired Harvey. Crazy turn of events.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

A few interesting developments today:

1) Matt Damon and Russell Crowe personally intervened to help kill a NYT story on an alleged early 00's assault. I'd expect you're going to read a lot of stories like that in the coming weeks.
2) The board of TWC is expected to rename the company. I guess it's possible they could use one of their existing brands like Dimension or Radius - but it'll almost certainly be something brand new.
3) The New York Post, in a not so subtle fashion, suggested that Bob Weinstein may have been involved in these latest stories gaining traction in the press. Apparently there's no love lost between the brothers.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:00 am
Profile WWW
now we know

lesterg wrote:
Matt Damon and Russell Crowe personally intervened to help kill a NYT story on an alleged early 00's assault. I'd expect you're going to read a lot of stories like that in the coming weeks.

Sorry, what does that mean?

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Social media has so many negatives, but one positive is that it helps expose shitty people doing shitty things. This may be a NYT story, but it wouldn't spread so fast without the help of social media shares.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:40 am
Indiana Jones IV

Algren wrote:
lesterg wrote:
Matt Damon and Russell Crowe personally intervened to help kill a NYT story on an alleged early 00's assault. I'd expect you're going to read a lot of stories like that in the coming weeks.

Here's the Waxman story:
https://www.thewrap.com/media-enablers- ... ork-times/

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

lesterg wrote:
Algren wrote:
lesterg wrote:

Here's the Waxman story:
https://www.thewrap.com/media-enablers- ... ork-times/

I don't get it. Why didn't Waxman take the story elsewhere when she was not with the NYT?

This and the Roger Ailes scandal. Out of all mainstream media outlets, only the NYT had the guts to break the news, albeit in a belated manner. This shows how much the MSM are fearful of intimidation by the powerful.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

And she can't spell either. Harvey likes them illiterate.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:10 am
Indiana Jones IV

I will say that Chastain's Twitter doesn't do her any favors. She shouldn't be running that thing herself.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

There's no coming back from this:
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... ir-stories

And audio of the NYPD's 2015 sting operation against Weinstein:
http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-wein ... 202185498/

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Everyone and their dog is coming out against Harvey. Literally all of the Variety articles in my Facebook feed are about this.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Interesting. The CEO of The Wrap left out this detail in her article. Quite irresponsible.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Rose McGowan going after Affleck on Twitter tonight. Sounds well deserved.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I feel sorry for Matt Damon being dragged into this. I hope there are no repercussions and I hope his reputation is not affected by this. If it weren't SO MANY women coming forward, I would also feel a bit sorry for Weinstein because nothing has been proven yet, it's all allegations. But as I said, there are just too many women for this to all be untrue. He's probably a seedy bastard that went too far on a few occasions, and now he's a rapist. I do believe, however, that a lot of the instances were perfectly legal advances. This doesn't excuse his behaviour, but a man is allowed to try and pickup a female, whether in a position of power or not. But because he also raped some women, nobody is going to be looking at any other incident in an objective way, and that's fair. If he is proven guilty of rape, then he deserves everything he gets.

One thing I find weird, though, and this happens with a lot of historic cases of sexual harassment, why don't the victims speak up sooner? Like, when it happened. I get that they are unknowns and they don't want their careers to be defined and tainted by a sexual assault scandal, plus it could hurt their careers as they would be seen as trouble-making, but it is amazing how they could have stopped it sooner and stopped other women from the assault. I also get that there wasn't as much of a culture back then to speak up against such things like there is now. If you did it before, attackers would usually get away with it (a la Woody Allen and Roman Polanski).

Now they're just trying to drag down as many men as they can (re: Affleck). So what if he slept with his nanny. When you get someone like Affleck supporting women and going against Weistein's behaviour, I don't believe you should attack him.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

McGowan came right out and said she told Affleck about her assault in 97.

Even if you say, ok she’s lying (for whatever reason) then you’d have to take a major leap and say that his longtime girlfriend Paltrow never said a word about their mutual boss’ actions. Sorry, that defies belief. Affleck absolutely knew.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Maybe. But it's not Affleck's place to smear Weinstein. So what if he knew. He didn't say anything for the same reason that the victims didn't say anything (with the added 'it's none of his business').

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Terry Crews makes some valid observations.

FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

Are we serious? The things many of the older folks in Hollywood probably know. I can only imagine what folks say if they knew Jack Nicholson or Warren Beattys likely activities in their prime

Good that his victims are calling him out, but I don't hold against other stars if they heard things. If they couldn't prove them, they'd have been sued for defamation.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 pm
Keeping it Light

Algren wrote:
Maybe. But it's not Affleck's place to smear Weinstein. So what if he knew. He didn't say anything for the same reason that the victims didn't say anything (with the added 'it's none of his business').

Well, he could just say nothing.

Affleck, all those other actors, also actresses, they're just pretty fake, like all of Hollywood is in general. And in the end, it just comes around to, you do what's best for your own self-interest and career.

Having said that, Rose McGowan is just as bad as Affleck, she could have brought all those things to light earlier as well, but she didn't. Calling out Affleck now for being dishonest is just the pot calling the kettle black.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 714 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next