Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Ip Man 3 

What grade would you give this film?
A 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
B 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Ip Man 3 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Ip Man 3
Ip Man 3

Quote:
Ip Man 3 is a 2015 Hong Kong biographical martial arts film directed by Wilson Yip, produced by Raymond Wong and written by Edmond Wong. It is the third in the Ip Man film series based on the life of the Wing Chun grandmaster Yip Man and features Donnie Yen reprising the title role. The film also stars Mike Tyson, and Yip Man's pupil Bruce Lee is portrayed by Danny Chan. Principal photography commenced in March 2015 and ended in June that year. The premiere of the film was released in Hong Kong on 16 December 2015, and officially released in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia on 24 December 2015. It opened in Taiwan on 31 December 2015, New Zealand and United Kingdom on 15 January 2016 and one week later in Australia. It was released in the United States on 22 January 2016, and will be released in mainland China on 4 March 2016. The film received positive reviews and eight Hong Kong Film Award nominations, including Best Film and Best Director.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Post Re: Ip Man 3
The elevator and Tyson fights were very good. His wife's story was really sad, but handled effectively. Definitely weaker than the first two though.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:38 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

The action scenes and choreography stays great but the division of story in 2 separate parts takes away a lot of focus and energy. The end fight pales in comparison of the past two movies and has no real reason to it. Tyson fight was great, but his story is given no closure. As much as I like wife's story it still felt like a side story in the end on which the entire second half hinges. The first half is not compelling at all.

For people who have seen this did we not see the birth of second child in Ip Man 2 but here we only see the second child, what did happen to the first child?

Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:30 am
Forum General

Probably the weakest film in the franchise, but I still enjoyed it. The Tyson fight was great, but the character itself felt a little tacked on and pointless IMO. The first half was definitely slow though and I honestly don't remember what happened to his first child. Maybe I need to re-watch these movies which I actually want to do one of these days.

B

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]