Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Intern 

What grade would you give this film?
A 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
B 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
C 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 9

The Intern 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Intern
The Intern

Quote:
The Intern is an upcoming American comedy film directed by Nancy Meyers. The film stars Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway in the two leading roles, with supporting performances from Adam DeVine, Nat Wolff, Christina Scherer, Anders Holm, and Zack Pearlman.

The film is scheduled to be released on September 25, 2015 by Warner Bros.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: The Intern
I thought this was absolutely delightful and a huge crowd-pleaser. Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway are both fantastic in full "movie star" mode here, and both are effortlessly charming. This is actually one of De Niro's strongest performances in a few years. And Anne just knows how to do these kinds of roles so well. Both of them have a very natural chemistry and I loved both of their characters. Their friendship was very heartfelt and believable. They're aided by a strong supporting cast, but this is essentially their show all the way through. The script is very sharp and develops them well, and there are quite a few great laughs. The whole thing just makes you leave the theater with a smile on your face. Highly recommended. A-

Last edited by thompsoncory on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:16 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

I walked into this thinking it was just gonna be okay but it ended up being rather enjoyable. De Niro gives a really natural performance and both him and Hathaway really do give this movie a lot of energy.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:10 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I may see this again. I think both De Niro and Hathaway deserve Golden Globe nods.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

An often rather delightful, enjoyable zip through Nancy Meyers terrain with strong performances from Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. This unconventional pairing is what gives The Intern its spark and allows it to overcome a bloated running time and occasional overly saccharine nature. B

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:01 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

I really enjoyed it. DeNiro and Hathaway worked well off each other as well as shine individually with the supporting cast also providing just enough support. I personally felt the two hours went by rather smoothly.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Pleasant. There isn't a compelling story or dramatic tension anywhere to be found here (then again it's Nancy Meyers), but De Niro and Hathaway's strong platonic chemistry keep the film watchable.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It's a nice movie. An enjoyable movie. But it is rather tame. I got the sense that it thought it was more important than it actually is. I liked how the film promotes modern values and ideas; forgiving a man after he cheats, not making him the enemy on a par with murderers (as is what happens in other films), the obvious one is the senior citizen being an intern, the stay-at-home dad, the female boss, and just in general the ideas within the office environment were modern and representative of forward-thinking, positive companies. I liked that aspect.

De Niro gave a solid if basic performance. But he's a stand-up guy. Hathaway cries ... A LOT. The child was cute, and up until we realise he is a cheat, I also liked the dad and his modern rapport with his daughter. Oh, and Rene Russo! Surprised to see her, and delighted too. She gave De Niro a boner in the office, lol. I also liked how it is not a film of ridiculing age. It was present, but it's on equal footing with youth - people respected experience and old tools/methods were appreciated as alternatives, not inferior and dated relics.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Algren is on the comedy tour.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:06 pm
Keeping it Light

Enjoyable film. Deniro in his best role since perhaps Meet the Parents, Hathaway is very appealing, and Russo has a nice role too. It's a well written and fun film, that despite a reasonable length doesn't bore. The film isn't any great achievement, but just handles the element of comedy well.

B

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 am
Cream of the Crop

I like quiet little pictures, but this one was comatose. Even the charm of DeNiro and Hathaway couldn't bring it around. *C*

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:31 am
Hold the door!

I really really loved this. The lead actors are so great and likable, and while its never laugh out loud funny and the story is predictable (though I really hoped Hathaway was going to divorce her loser husband), there was so much endearing in this movie.

A-

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]