Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mr. Nobody 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Mr. Nobody 
loyalfromlondon

Post Mr. Nobody
Mr. Nobody

Quote:
Mr. Nobody is a science fiction and drama film. It is directed by Jaco Van Dormael, and starring Jared Leto, Diane Kruger and Sarah Polley. It began filming in June 2007.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:27 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Mr. Nobody
Forth and back through time.

Mr. Nobody is a fantastically detailed telling of one man's life in all it's permutations - - it's so far out there, that it's catching up on itself from behind.

I had never heard of the director, but the purity of Jaco Van Dormael's vision and the authentic manner in which he displays it in this masterful film is breathtaking.

Jared Leto? C'mon, he's in all these weirdo movies, and he's ably supported here by a superb supporting cast.

The sci-fi aspects of the story were handled brilliantly, I truly believe in the world of 2092. I loved the FX. And it's pretty darn romantic to boot, in it's own scattershot way.

Mr. Nobody deserves to be watched many times letting it's numerous layers blend into a unified field. This movie captures something special about being human, something that is rarely captured in any media, Mr. Nobody doesn't fall for that old reality trick, and exposes the interlapping shells of timespace in which we all ultimately dwell.

⟗ out of ⊚

(I haven't had the opportunity to see Inception yet, but if it's half as amazingly far out as Mr. Nobody, I'll be one happy filmgoer this week!)

Here's the trailer:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 am
Extraordinary

Did no one find the opportunity to see this fine film yet?

Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm
Wallflower

I did. Think I gave it a C/C+.

Mon May 19, 2014 12:25 am
Indiana Jones IV

Saw this a couple months ago. I thought it was pretty fantastic, we don't get movies like this too often. Wouldn't say I loved it, but perhaps multiple viewings would change my mind. Really unique vision that was fleshed out beautifully.

I do remember struggling to take 'Old Leto' seriously with all that make-up and that voice, but..... I mostly got over it.

Definitely worth seeing! I'll give it a couple more months and then check it out again.

Fri May 23, 2014 2:52 pm
Extraordinary

Magic Mike wrote:
I did. Think I gave it a C/C+.

I was looking through your past reviews on KJ with the hopes of finding an example of you hating a great movie or loving a terrible movie to give some context to your reaction to Mr. Nobody - - and to my surprise, I discovered that you have excellent taste in movies! Though there are definitely some striking anomalies, I'm not sure there is anyone on the board with whom I'm in closer agreement on their opinion on film, except maybe Shack.

So I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Nobody didn't work for you, but I will definitely will be paying closer attention to your reviews in future.

Sat May 24, 2014 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]