Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 "Glee" Thread 
Sbil

Post Re: "Glee" Thread
thompsoncory wrote:
Naya confirmed she isn't leaving.

The 100th episode was good. Was nice to see Dianna Agron back and I liked how so much of the episode focused on Quinn - if this was her last episode ever it would be a nice wrap-up to her character. Also nice having the rest of the regulars back (Heather Morris was great) and I thought the last scene was sweet. This and next week REALLY feel like the series finale of the show though.

Also, like two lines from the newbies again :P Good riddance.

The 100th episode was enjoyable more or less, mostly because everyone was back and for nostalgic reasons and shit. Goop was really phoning in her appearance this time, though.

I won't miss any of the newbies other than Kitty. I hope Becca Tobin moves on to bigger and better things; she was really the only new addition to add any spark to the show.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah, Gwyneth was really bad. Kristen Chenoweth was good though.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

It's bizarre how much this episode felt like a series finale. And I guess, in some ways, it kind of was. No matter how many times they do "Don't Stop Believin'" on this show, I get all kinds of nostalgic feels.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:44 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Gwyneth's song was embarrassing but the last half hour was great. I loathe Will but I thought the end was actually really moving and well-done. It really could have been a series finale though.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:02 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Hey guys I'm working on GLEE tomorrow for the first time in three years! (WTF's happened on the show in the last, uh, year and a half?)

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:21 am
Forum General

You really haven't missed much. ;)

I actually thought last nights episode was very good and I agree with that it could have been a fitting series finale. I actually teared up a bit when the baby video was playing and they came out to sing Don't Stop Believing. It made me remember when Glee used to be great, why I used to love it and why I still watch it, they still have it in them to turn out a great episode when they really want to.

That being said, I'm incredibly excited to see where it goes now that it will be in NYC full time. The next episode looks like a lot of fun and for the first time in a very long time, I can say I'm excited for an episode of Glee.

Don't let me down.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:18 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

The first solo New York episode was solid and a million times more interesting than Lima. I thought Artie's storyline was stupid though.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:53 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

The season has been cut from 22 episodes to 20 due to the dwindling ratings.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:49 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Last night was one of those weird out-of-nowhere 'message' episodes this show has done before and has mixed success with. The whole thing with the hate crimes felt really random and out of nowhere even though the scene between Kurt and his dad was sweet. Blaine singing to Kurt in the hospital was nauseating though :P I'm glad they finally addressed the fact that Rachel is still in school (well, at least until the end of this episode) and I have no doubt that something's going to end up going wrong with the Broadway gig and she'll end up having to go back.

Sam and Mercedes were cute though and I liked their scenes even if the storyline itself was a bit awkward.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 am
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

thompsoncory wrote:
The season has been cut from 22 episodes to 20 due to the dwindling ratings.

I heard on set that it was more the execs having a dispute with Fox as well as the late start due to Monteith's death. 5.15, which aired last night, only finished filming 13 days ago.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:00 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm sure the fact that it isn't even pulling 3 Million viewers anymore doesn't help matters. But yeah, I thought from the beginning that the late start would screw up their schedule and the order would be cut.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:01 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

So Ryan Murphy confirmed the following today:

- The final season will be 24 episodes
- New York will be featured but it won't be the main location for the season, and neither will McKinley.
- The newbies may be brought back but it definitely doesn't sound like they'll be regulars. If anything it was suggested they might have one-off guest appearances
- Of the cast members who haven't been seen since the move to New York, Puck, Tina, Will, Sue, Mike and Brittany will all be back before the end of the fifth season (no Dianna Agron - shocker :P )
- The bulk of the season will focus on the characters from the first season and they hope to get everyone back.
- The final scene of the series is going to be between Rachel and Will.

Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Last night's episode was really good. I thought Rachel's opening was well-handled and liked the scene of her finally telling off Sue. Her showing up in NYC was really random though.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:40 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I wonder if some of the season will jump forward in time. It wouldn't surprise me from the sounds of it.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Well I think from the graduation episodes to NYC there was already a 3-4 month time jump. There will probably be one next season. I'm pretty certain the new setting is going to be LA since Ryan Murphy has hinted the season won't be NYC based and I read a spoiler about Rachel pursuing a television career and leaving Broadway.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Sbil

OMG Ryan Murphy is the absolute worst. So they finally make this show semi watchable and coherent again by moving it to NYC...only to upend that and move the show to L.A. for the final season. Classic Glee.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:28 pm
Forum General

I agree. It's been a lot of fun since the switch has been made. I'm not sure how I feel about them changing it AGAIN. We shall see though. I will watch the finale season, even if it's horrible. Ugh.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I mean, nothing's confirmed yet, but that's definitely what its looking like. Plus they do film there primarily and only fly the cast to NYC every few months to do pickup shots and a musical number here and there outside.

I agree though that it's been really solid since the switch. They should have done this at the beginning of season 4.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:43 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Libs wrote:
OMG Ryan Murphy is the absolute worst. So they finally make this show semi watchable and coherent again by moving it to NYC...only to upend that and move the show to L.A. for the final season. Classic Glee.

Well, yeah. Saves money when you don't have to hide where you film anymore.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:55 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

LOL :P So apparently Jim Rash is guest starring on tomorrow's episode as the head of FOX who goes to see Rachel's show. How meta :P

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Pundit

:P

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:02 pm
Sbil

Tuesday's episode. Rachel has a development deal in L.A. now? Um...okay. Were we supposed to feel bad for her that she was getting tired of playing the same character every day? She's been in the show for a month!

Also, the rumors flying around that Naya Rivera is getting canned from the show. Of course that's what would happen, since she's been the best actress and character on Glee for years now.

Thu May 01, 2014 11:27 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I kind of believe that's a publicity stunt. It was too ironic with her character going "No one is getting fired!" in Tuesday's episode.

Also, the development deal thing made no sense and this show is getting a little too meta with her auditioning for FOX executives with posters of "New Girl" and "Bones" behind her. Also, does she even have an agent?

Thu May 01, 2014 12:04 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Tuesday's episode was ATROCIOUS. Can Chris Colfer never write an episode again? This was honestly one of the worst episodes of the show ever. It was completely pointless and annoying, and June Squibb was embarrassing herself.

Fri May 09, 2014 8:16 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

The finale was fine. The musical numbers were mostly good and even though the lack of Santana was poorly explained I liked the last couple of scenes. The "Pompeii" number was great. This has officially become the Rachel Berry show though, more than it ever was before. Are we really supposed to care about what happens to the other characters?

Curious to see how things are wrapped up in the final season (which given the fact that the ratings were atrocious last night is sure to be shortened from 22 episodes). I really do hope Naya Rivera is back for at least an episode or two to tie up her storyline if she really did leave. I'll miss this show in a nostalgiac way when it does end :P

Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next