Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 "Glee" Thread 
Forum General

Post Re: "Glee" Thread
_axiom wrote:
I'm glad you all were moved with an episode in "honor" of a guy who overdosed and threw away his life. Don't see people crying about hundreds who die every die from hunger and mortal illness who didn't have any choice or say in the way they were gonna die.

Finn was a terrible character, Monteith was a bad actor. Before his death I didn't know about his troubled life. And it would be better if they included the overdose thing in the plot. Glee is way too preachy sometimes and when they finally have a right to be and say: "Look THIS REALLY HAPPENS if you do drugs.", they choose not to take a firm standing in the matter (I haven't watched the episode just to be clear, I'm going by what you all wrote down).

Wow. Douche. :P

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
100% That Bitch

_axiom wrote:
I'm glad you all were moved with an episode in "honor" of a guy who overdosed and threw away his life. Don't see people crying about hundreds who die every die from hunger and mortal illness who didn't have any choice or say in the way they were gonna die.

Finn was a terrible character, Monteith was a bad actor. Before his death I didn't know about his troubled life. And it would be better if they included the overdose thing in the plot. Glee is way too preachy sometimes and when they finally have a right to be and say: "Look THIS REALLY HAPPENS if you do drugs.", they choose not to take a firm standing in the matter (I haven't watched the episode just to be clear, I'm going by what you all wrote down).

Would you say the same if instead of him, it was your mom dying of an OD?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:55 pm
You must have big rats

Yeah, man, that's incredibly short-sighted and something that pisses me off every once in a while when people fail to recignize that addiction is a recognized illness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICD-10_Cha ... stance_use

And that's coming from me, someone who doesn't care about Glee and will probably never see the episode in question. Just that misconception bothers me. And then the whole holier-than-thou "argument" about hundreds who die from hunger... c'mo, that's ridiculous. Every single time someone digs out that argument, that's laughable.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Libs wrote:
The episode was catharsis for the cast and crew of the show, not a manufactured plot point. This all sounds very callous and unflattering.

It was a manufactured plot point whether you want to accept it or not. They did sell the songs from this episodes too right? Could've made them available for free if they really did it for their cast mate.

I might be a douche, whatever. But you're all still douches just as well. I do accept the fact that drug addiction is an illness, but there's a lot a man who is addicted can do and must by by himself. That's a fact and it definitely adds a certain perspective than the "usual" illnesses don't have.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

_axiom wrote:
Libs wrote:
The episode was catharsis for the cast and crew of the show, not a manufactured plot point. This all sounds very callous and unflattering.

It was a manufactured plot point whether you want to accept it or not. They did sell the songs from this episodes too right? Could've made them available for free if they really did it for their cast mate.

100% of the proceeds from the song sales of this episode are going to a charity Monteith supported so...your point is kind of invalid.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:00 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

http://tvline.com/2013/10/30/glee-movin ... full-time/

OMG.

This better happen! I've wanted it to since the beginning of season 4.

It's a good idea too since it's been over a season and I still couldn't care less about the new kids.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
http://tvline.com/2013/10/30/glee-moving-nyc-rachel-new-york-final-season-full-time/

OMG.

This better happen! I've wanted it to since the beginning of season 4.

It's a good idea too since it's been over a season and I still couldn't care less about the new kids.

Finally! I'd hoped it would happen sooner. The show really drags when it's back at McKinnley. The NYC stuff is why I keep watching but it has become such a chore sitting through the other stuff.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:39 pm
Wallflower

Libs wrote:
I would say some scenes felt overwrought and/or distracting were it not for the fact that the actors were all obviously mourning just like their characters were. "Make You Feel My Love" was heartbreaking.

That was the best part.

Mark Saling is such a bad actor. He makes me cringe.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:40 pm
Sbil

The last episode was...really bizarre.

Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert are in a band? Adam Lambert is playing someone who goes by Starchild? Everything boiled down to being a Katy or a Gaga? Marley was suspended for...not wanting to wear a revealing bra? Artie swang from the vine at the end on his wheelchair?

What the hell. They make really strange writing choices on this show more often than not.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 am
Forum General

After last week, Kurt's tattoo, Unique singing If I Were A Boy and "Jake and I were twerking all night..."

lolz go home Glee, you're drunk.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

"Pull down your pants! Tell me there is no mole there!"

:lol:

OMG Wreckingball? GO HOME.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I'm watching the episode right now and the "Blurred Lines" number may be one of the absolute worst things the show has ever done. What the FUCK was that?

Also, good, an episode with a big Unique plotline :sick:

Can they please just kill all these characters in McKinley off or something? Their scenes are truly unbearable. I hate all of them.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:56 am
Profile YIM
Forum General

It is too bad Becky didn't kill them all when she had the chance. ;) OMG still laughing about last night's episode. Can't even handle it.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

The only part of last night's episode that worked was (shock!) the New York scenes. I liked Rachel's number at the beginning and thought the storyline with her tattoo was sweet and sad.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:49 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

Mr. Schu singing "Blurred Lines" and ogling all the glee club kids was so creepy. Ew. As a character, he is so incredibly inappropriate and weird because HIS ONLY FRIENDS ARE TEENAGERS.

The only good part of the McKinley side in the last episode was Tina and the porta potty. I actually laughed out loud when she went into it a second time and someone muttered "didn't she just use that like 4 minutes ago..."

To be fair, I like Unique a lot more than I used to.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:55 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Last night's episode was one of their better Christmas ones (which are usually mediocre to unbearable) even though the framing of it as an 'unaired Christmas special' was bizarre to say the least. I'm getting annoyed with Becky though - I hate how her character just exists at this point to say weird sexual innuendos and profanity because it's 'edgy.'

And now there's a long hiatus before this show returns in February. Since they've only aired 8 episodes so far this season it looks like this may be the first shortened season for the show. I'm pretty confident season 6 will be a shortened season as well given the ratings.

Also, it's been confirmed that Amber Riley, Harry Shum Jr., Mark Salling, Kristin Chenoweth and most notably Heather Morris and Dianna Agron are all returning for the 100th episode in March.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:56 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Gwyneth Paltrow is returning for the 100th episode, which has been expanded to two hours.

Also some details about the plans for the rest of the season have leaked and it sounds like after the 100th episode the plots will exclusively be New York-based for the rest of the year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... 0th-669841

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:49 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

LOL so it couldn't have been more obvious with last night's episode that they are downsizing the new characters. I think they all had a combined total of about three lines last night, and I honestly forgot Marley was even a part of the show until the very end when she showed up in the background of the choir room.

For the most part I enjoyed last night's episode though, it was a solid return. The scenes between Santana and Rachel worked the most - the "Brave" and "Every Step You Take" numbers were both fun, and I liked how they addressed the relationship the two had in high school vs. what it is now. Them fighting might prove to be an interesting dynamic for the rest of the season if it lasts that long.

The Adam Lambert plotline and the McKinley plots mostly bored me, but at least the latter focused on the originals as opposed to Unique or something.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:33 am
Profile YIM
Sbil

I see that they've decided to make Rachel a complete brat again. I mean, I could sort of understand how she was feeling, but at the same time...

The episode wasn't that bad, though, especially after such a long gap.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:33 pm
Forum General

LOL last nights episode was hilariously awful, but I wasn't that entertained by Glee in a very, very long time.

The whole thing with Rachel and Santana is so ridiculous. Maybe I find it so hysterical because I'm a huge Broadway nut and nothing like that would EVER happen, but Santana bursting down the aisle while singing "Don't Rain on My Parade" had me in stitches. Add in the faces Lea Michele was making (c'mon, who else was reminded when she actually lost the lead to the revival of Funny Girl to Lauren Ambrose? You know that was going through her head)... it was just brilliant. Then the very awkward fight between the two with Lea Michele playing Lea Michele and screaming into the camera.. Just amazing entertainment. SO awful but SO good.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I guarantee you the average "Glee" viewer wasn't thinking about it as it was a production that never even happened.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:32 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I never said they were, I just found it incredibly funny. It's stupid anyway since that it the only reason the plot line exists. :P

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

The episodes since it's been back from the hiatus have actually been pretty solid. I actually watched last night's episode live, and again you can tell that they are definitely phasing out the new characters or wrapping up their storylines. I actually thought the final number with all of Finn's favorite songs for nationals with his mom in the audience last night was very effective, especially with the scenes of Cory Monteith intercut in between everything.

The 100th episode is next week with all of the regulars returning. Curious to see how that ends up. I also heard a horrible rumor that Naya Rivera was leaving the show after the 101st episode (the second part of the '100th episode'), which I really hope is not true.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

The episodes since it's been back from the hiatus have actually been pretty solid. I actually watched last night's episode live, and again you can tell that they are definitely phasing out the new characters or wrapping up their storylines. I actually thought the final number with all of Finn's favorite songs for nationals with his mom in the audience last night was very effective, especially with the scenes of Cory Monteith intercut in between everything.

The 100th episode is next week with all of the regulars returning. Curious to see how that ends up. I also heard a horrible rumor that Naya Rivera was leaving the show after the 101st episode (the second part of the '100th episode'), which I really hope is not true.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:02 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Naya confirmed she isn't leaving.

The 100th episode was good. Was nice to see Dianna Agron back and I liked how so much of the episode focused on Quinn - if this was her last episode ever it would be a nice wrap-up to her character. Also nice having the rest of the regulars back (Heather Morris was great) and I thought the last scene was sweet. This and next week REALLY feel like the series finale of the show though.

Also, like two lines from the newbies again :P Good riddance.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:52 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 944 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next