Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 59  Next
 "Game of Thrones" Season 8 Discussion 
Extraordinary

Post Re: Game of Thrones:Season 3
Magnus wrote:
http://youtu.be/ZnxvUuSzbMI?t=7m55s

seriously, you guys are crying over that? fine. whatever. guess im just a cold-hearted emotionless bastard (which probably is true considering I also am the only person in the internet who thinks Littlefinger should get the crown over everyone else).

I don't think you're a cold-hearted emotionless bastard. I just think you can't judge acting for shit, son. (You see that? The son? Burn.)

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I think you already had enough wailing from all your avatar bets that you lose

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:54 pm
Forum General

Lol Its quite interesting that some say Littlefinger should get the Iron Throne as he is a self made man unlike the others.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

he is also an evil bastard.
Spoiler: show
I think Sansa will be his undoing.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:26 pm
Profile WWW

We can take this thread to 12 pages before the last episode. Fuck that Walking Dead thread

Bank of Braavos for the Iron Throne and Selyse Baratheon's moustache as its sigil

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:32 pm

They supplied Stannis with an Army by making him sign some contracts. It looks like he has indeed taken over Moat Calin because of that when one of the chapters of Winds of Winter was leaked. I think either Roose Bolton or Ramsey would die in the next book

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:42 pm
Forum General

This season will be rather dark but next season is full of more high points.

Joffery, Tywin Die and Jon is saved by Stannis

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW

Stannis won't die. Hes practically the only lord who survied the battle of the 5 kings. I agree Theon is definately gone. Most likely to be sacrificed to the Lord of Light and Jaime I can see dying to fit in with the description of everyone not being safe.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:53 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Brilliant brilliant episode. Cant ask for more really. Waiting 7 years for that scene and it didnt disappoint.

As for the spoiler stuff...

I suspect Jaime will die doing something heroic - and that probably involves Cersei. Probably Book 7 though.

Book 6 - battle for Winterfell, Aegon stirring shit up and then getting killed? The Others invading (agree Magnus - they'll breach the wall in the latter part of the book), and surely Dany has to make her way to Westeros - atleast in time for book 7.

I think the whole Bank of Braavos will sit the Iron Throne thing is overstating their importance. They'll play a part but only a part.

In the end GRRM said it will be bitter sweet - probably once Westeros is saved - one of Jon or Dany will rule, the other will die heroically.

Hopefully Tyrion's story becomes engaging again (unlke in Dance) and also hope that Bran's outcome is better than amalgamating himself with the trees which many seem to imply!

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:15 am
Indiana Jones IV

Arya LOL

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 am
Romosexual!

Crux wrote:
Arya LOL

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

:lol:

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:29 pm
The Kramer

Aegon could sit the throne by the end of the next book. The Tyrell's are all that stands between him and the crown, and they will be more concerned with Euron attacking the Reach and Stannis in the North. Everything will fall apart when Jon Conington dies though, however far he makes it.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think season 4 will be just fine. The fall of the Lannister's will play out well on TV. I think the Purple Wedding and Tywin's death will be even more shocking a year removed from the Red Wedding rather than only a hundred or so pages.

If Martin can get Winds of Winter out in 2014 (PLEASE), D/D could shove all of Feast and Dance into season 5, culminating with all the crazy shit that will happen in WoW spread across seasons 6 and 7.

And then we wait........

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:14 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Brilliant brilliant episode. Cant ask for more really. Waiting 7 years for that scene and it didnt disappoint.

As for the spoiler stuff...

I suspect Jaime will die doing something heroic - and that probably involves Cersei. Probably Book 7 though.

Book 6 - battle for Winterfell, Aegon stirring shit up and then getting killed? The Others invading (agree Magnus - they'll breach the wall in the latter part of the book), and surely Dany has to make her way to Westeros - atleast in time for book 7.

I think the whole Bank of Braavos will sit the Iron Throne thing is overstating their importance. They'll play a part but only a part.

In the end GRRM said it will be bitter sweet - probably once Westeros is saved - one of Jon or Dany will rule, the other will die heroically.

Hopefully Tyrion's story becomes engaging again (unlke in Dance) and also hope that Bran's outcome is better than amalgamating himself with the trees which many seem to imply!

I think Dany will likely die with her dragons saving the realm from The Others. Regardless if they live or die, I think whoever takes the Iron Throne at the end of the books will takeover a completely destroyed Westoroes that the throne will mean nothing.

I'm also becoming convinced that Bran is unknowingly working with The Great Other.

I hope you are wrong about Bran. That could very well happen but I hope not. It would be more tragic than what happened to Ned and Rob in a way

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:32 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Aegon could sit the throne by the end of the next book. The Tyrell's are all that stands between him and the crown, and they will be more concerned with Euron attacking the Reach and Stannis in the North. Everything will fall apart when Jon Conington dies though, however far he makes it.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think season 4 will be just fine. The fall of the Lannister's will play out well on TV. I think the Purple Wedding and Tywin's death will be even more shocking a year removed from the Red Wedding rather than only a hundred or so pages.

If Martin can get Winds of Winter out in 2014 (PLEASE), D/D could shove all of Feast and Dance into season 5, culminating with all the crazy shit that will happen in WoW spread across seasons 6 and 7.

And then we wait........

I still think Aegon is an imposter - ie. Mummer's Dragon.

Martin really should be getting Winds out by next year but after waiting so long for the last two books (I actually didnt wait for Feast as it came out while i was reading them, but others had to wait) Im concerned.

But if he does - thats completely right - finish off Feast/Dance in Season 5. And I think that's Dan and Dave's plan.

Season 4 will be the best one yet...

- Purple Wedding,
- Tywin's demise,
- Jaime and Cersei,
- Cersei vs Margery,
- THE RED VIPER! and his battle with the Mountain,
- Battle for the wall (Ygritte's demise),
- Stannis saves the day
- Jon = Lord Commander
- Other Dorne/Greyjoy stuff

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:38 am
ha ha, charade you are

Magnus wrote:
Floydboy wrote:
but I thought his demise would be at the hand of the Lannisters or something

in a way it still is/was.

True. Bolton made sure Robb knew that right before he gave him the finishing blow. But I thought Tywin was going to trap him somewhere and kill him in battle. Having just had a baby myself (2 months old now)... such a brutal way to start the carnage. Still, my wife and I just started reading the third book together because of this.

I don't understand the backlash from the episode. The last 15-20 minutes were probably one of the most well done moments in TV history even if it was shocking. But really, after season 1 when they kill Ned, why would anyone suspect something less?

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm
ha ha, charade you are

I also really liked this summary:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/78605/game-of-thrones-season-3-episode-9-its-like-rains-on-your-wedding-day

I have been reading his summaries since the start. Although I don't always agree with him, I really liked what he wrote here.

I wonder how many people will read the third book now before next season...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm

For season 4
Do you think these will happen in this order?

Episode 6
Purple Wedding

Episode 7
Tyrion's mock trial

Episode 8
Martell taking up Tyrion's defense for the trial by combat at the end of the episode

Episode 9
Battle of Castle Black and the last 10 minutes will be the fight between Martell and the Mountain

Episode 10
Tyrion puts a crossbow though Tywin while he was taking a shit. Lady Stoneheart makes an appearance

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 pm
The Wall

Both season 4 and season 5 will be mashups of book 4 and book 5. HBO people will not go for character split Martin went with in those two books.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Magnus wrote:
El Murato wrote:
For season 4

Episode 6
Purple Wedding

Episode 7
Tyrion's mock trial

Episode 8
Martell taking up Tyrion's defense for the trial by combat at the end of the episode

Episode 9
Battle of Castle Black and the last 10 minutes will be the fight between Martell and the Mountain

Episode 10
Tyrion puts a crossbow though Tywin while he was taking a shit. Lady Stoneheart makes an appearance

I think Purple Wedding happens earlier no? There's not enough material from the end of seaseon 3 to get five episodes until Purple Wedding. I think it happens episode 5

Also, there's only like 2 Dany chapters left in SoS to cover so they're def. gonna need to start bringing in a lot more book 5 stuff.
Royal wedding will happen in the third episode I think, like the sack of Astapor this year. Jaime will take over Tyrion's role as the only decent person in KL for much of the season.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

Magnus wrote:
El Murato wrote:
For season 4

Episode 6
Purple Wedding

Episode 7
Tyrion's mock trial

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

I think Purple Wedding happens earlier no? There's not enough material from the end of seaseon 3 to get five episodes until Purple Wedding. I think it happens episode 5

Also, there's only like 2 Dany chapters left in SoS to cover so they're def. gonna need to start bringing in a lot more book 5 stuff.
Royal wedding will happen in the third episode I think, like the sack of Astapor this year. Jaime will take over Tyrion's role as the only decent person in KL for much of the season.

Wonder if we will see more of Kevan Lannister. BTW I can't see them putting much of book 5 into the show considering the events still took place after Tywin's death unless Lady Stoneheart is introduced earlier so they can at least get rid of the Brienne stuff

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

El Murato wrote:
Magnus wrote:
El Murato wrote:
For season 4

Episode 6
Purple Wedding

Episode 7
Tyrion's mock trial

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Wonder if we will see more of Kevan Lannister. BTW I can't see them putting much of book 5 into the show considering the events still took place after Tywin's death unless Lady Stoneheart is introduced earlier so they can at least get rid of the Brienne stuff

They'll definitely get going on books 4 and 5 next season so Stoneheart and Purple Wedding will happen in the first three episodes. Tywyn may happen later in the season and so too the battle of the wall and Stannis etc. however there has to be more Book 5 Dany - the show is doing a great job of speeding up and improving on the book Dany storyline - it will need to continue.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:53 pm

I still think that Quentin Martell trying to tame the dragon to be the biggest LOL fail in the series

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I think the best moment during ADWD was the prelude to Siege of Winterfell when Ramsey and Roose were like shitting their pants in their castle when they hard the battle drums of Stannis' army coming through. Still want to find out what happened there

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
El Murato wrote:
I still think that Quentin Martell trying to tame the dragon to be the biggest LOL fail in the series

yeah, but it's also one of the best endings of a chapter in the series. I really hope the show exeutes that moment well.

That, and Barristan Selmy going HAM.

The Dany chapters in Dance were boring until...

The Fighting pit, Dany/Drogon and then the awesome Selmy kickin ass. Martell getting fried was also brilliant.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Magnus wrote:
There def. has to be book 5 Dany next season. I suspect she'll banish Jorah around episode 6 and then at least the first two chapters of book 5 will be played out in the last four episodes, leaving eight chapters from book 5 for her to cover (though a lot of that stuff IMO can be condensed).

The real big questions is how much will the show have of the the Kingsmoot stuff and all the Dorne stuff. I suspect that the Kingsmoot will likely be condensed GREATLY, with perhaps all those chapters occuring within one episode (most likely at the start of season 5). With regards to Dorne, I think they have to show Arianne's plot with Myrcella and the whole thing with Gregor's head but not much outside of that. I think they can pretty much cut out all Quentyn Martell stuff before he gets to Merreen (which i guess is only like two chapters but still).

Additionally, they'll likely have to condense or thinly spread out Arya's plot as its just SOOOOO weird compared to everything else.

The only thing is that if season 5 ends with DWD/FOC, that means season 6 would have to be TWoW. And unless that is so big it needs two seasons, season 6 would end in 2016, which means GRRM would have to finish book 7 around that time. Which I think its highly unlikely.

So they're either going to take a break in production or perhaps do DWD/FOC in two seasons and TWOW in two seasons so that book 7 wouldn't start until 2019. GRRM probably will have book 7 finished by 2018 so they'll be good then.

They probably need to change or condense the Arya plotline. Its a snooze fest. So is Tyrion's travels in Dance (apart from the greyscale/Aegon bit) so that needs to be condensed. Dinklage is awesome but making those parts interesting is even impossible for him. And do away with Penny please.

The Kingsmoot I enjoyed so they should condense but keep it in. Same with Victarion/Euron. Maybe merge into one character.

Dorne shoud have the above you mention.

I think they will finish without GRRM if need be. They know the ending of the series so they may just go ahead and do it. He needs to get Winter out next year instead of piss farting around. Spring two years later ideally - but will take him 4 minimum so yeah 2018. All he needs to do is speed up by a year (will still mean he is taking a year longer than it took him for Books 2 and 3). There is a chance that Winter can be spread to 2 seasons or 1.5 and they can then get a start on what they no of Spring in that 7th season.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 1463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 59  Next