Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PGA Tour 2013 Season 
Extraordinary

Post Re: PGA Tour 2013 Season
Masters Sunday Predictions?

I'm going with Adam Scott FTW!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 am
Romosexual!

Jason Day

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:01 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

ADAM!!!!

What a thrilling final day!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

:clap2: Hooray for Scott!!! Hooray for Australia!!! :clap2:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Even though he didn't win, I'm glad we still got a few shots of Jason Day's hot wife just like we did at the 2011 Masters.

Hopefully Day will win a major sometime soon.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

FUCK BELLY PUTTERS

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:09 pm
Romosexual!

Bought time an Aussie won :)

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

The wrong Aussie won.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 pm
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
FUCK BELLY PUTTERS

Hey - - I agree with Chippy about something!!!

Bring on the ban.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:28 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Rookie win! How about that, being called last second to play from the Web.com Tour, and then winning a PGA event along with $1.2M just a few days later.

Too bad Phil had trouble on the final holes yet again yesterday which prevented him from winning a 2nd one this season.

Mon May 06, 2013 5:34 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

Tiger at -10 after 36 holes and currently one behind leader Sergio Garcia. If he keeps up this consistency Tiger will win for sure.

Fri May 10, 2013 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

I enjoyed that final round. Tiger delivered and the ratings folks must have been happy to see him hit the water on 14 I think. All of sudden 4 people were tied and there were like 5 holes to play. It was awesome, but his opponents started crumbling on 17 I think. Sergio imploding was just hilarious. Why is he being so risky hitting it from that position. He's tied and has a hole extra to play vs Tiger. Then that other guy makes a great shot on 17 but misses the birdie putt. Too Bad.

Gratz to Tiger winning #4. He's most definitely winning one of the final Majors.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

TigerTigerTigerTiger

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 am
Extraordinary

Another tournament, another illegal ball drop - - par for the course for a Cheetah.

Mon May 13, 2013 6:05 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Except it wasn't illegal. But I don't expect you to know the rules of golf.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 14, 2013 10:30 am
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
Except it wasn't illegal.

Incorrect as usual, Chippy!

Here is the clearest summary of the obvious evidence of this latest incidence of the perennial cheating of Cheetah...

Here is the detailed editorial by John Ziegler, the creator of the above video.

Quote:
[via] On the 14th hole of The Players Championship, Tiger Woods once again found himself in the middle of a dropped ball controversy.

At the center of the controversy was where Tiger's ball last crossed the border of the hazard.

Unfortunately, the network broadcast was unable to provide us with a definitive replay. But if we piece together images from the broadcast and overlay them on a Google Earth satellite image, we get a much clearer picture that suggests Woods took a drop in the wrong spot...

From the broadcast, we can see that Tiger teed up on the left side of the box. We can see where the ball hit the water in relation to the larger bunker. And we can see where Woods ultimately took his drop.

The green line is one possible flight path of the ball that would connect all three points. It also agrees with how Tiger described the drive when he said "I hit a pop-up big high hook, so it started way right and then it went way left."

But there is a big problem with this flight path: Tiger appears to be aiming straight down the tee box (black arrow). And that would make it extremely difficult, even for Woods, to hit a ball well-right of where he is aiming, with a big hook near the end.

In addition, the ball appears to take a short skip once it hit the water. Both the ball and the splash are moving parallel to the shoreline, not away from it as would be needed for Woods to drop close to where the ball landed...

Of course, all of this is moot since Woods' playing partner, Casey Wittenberg, agreed with the drop spot. But based on these images, it would appear the drop spot was almost certainly incorrect.

The illegal drop was also confirmed by CBS Sports...

Quote:
I know, I know. You're going to bludgeon me to my Internet death for posting this, but, man, the evidence is pretty damning. And I'm not a Tiger-hater or a Tiger-fanboy. I appreciate his talents for what they are -- one of the two best golfers ever.

I also know in this case, "the evidence" includes only one semi-shaky replay from a potentially questionable angle. But still, I think Tiger Woods took a drop on No. 14 on Sunday that wasn't even close to being correct.

Woods, as you probably know by now, hit his tee shot in the water on the 14th hole with a two-stroke lead. He yanked it pretty hard on a hole that he has historically played poorly. He went on to make a double-bogey 6 to fall back into a tie for first before playing his last four holes in 1 under and winning the tournament by two.

There are a few things going on here. The first that you need to know is that Woods chose to drop where the ball "crossed over the margin of the hazard." Woods and playing partner Casey Wittenberg determined it crossed over where he dropped, but that would have had to have been a hell of a hook to be correct.

The second thing going is that Woods didn't even see where it crossed. Watch the 1:35 mark -- he looks away from the drive, can't bear to watch it sinking into the lake down the left side of the fairway. He can't know where it crossed the hazard because he didn't watch it.

So that means the determination is solely on Wittenberg. After his round, Wittenberg told the media, "I saw it perfectly off the tee. I told him exactly where I thought it crossed, and we all agreed, so he's definitely great on that. There is no doubt, guys. The ball crossed where he dropped."

Maybe, but the video evidence sure seems to show something different.

The PGA Tour, to its credit, immediately released this statement:

"Without definitive evidence, the point where Woods' ball last crossed the lateral water hazard is determined through best judgment by Woods and his fellow competitor. If that point later proves to be a wrong point (through television or other means), the player is not penalized by Rule 26-1 given the fact that a competitor would risk incurring a penalty every time he makes an honest judgment as to the point where his ball last crosses a water-hazard margin and that judgment subsequently proves incorrect (Decision 26-1/17)."

So, again, since Tiger wasn't looking, it's all on Wittenberg. And the rule basically says "just be honest, because we can't penalize you later." To be clear, there will be no recant from the PGA Tour after the fact. That's not happening.

This is not as egregious as the Augusta mistake because there's so much ambiguity going on here (camera angles, true flight path, etc.) but it's pretty close.

What I find interesting is the guy who made this video (filmmaker John Ziegler -- who is trying to clear Joe Paterno's name) said hitting a pop-up hook is physically impossible, but Woods said in his post-round interview that's exactly what he hit:

"I hit a pop-up big high hook, so it started way right, and then it went way left. So it had a lot to room to it. We decided it crossed there, and I played it."

I'm not a physics expert or a video expert, for that matter, but the film sure doesn't make it look like it started way right. And the guy who made the video is right, NBC announcer Mark Rolfing would have said it was a monster hook (and it would have had to be a monster hook) if that was the case.

The other argument in play is that even if Woods would have dropped back by the ladies' tee box (the last margin of the hazard it seemed to cross), he still probably would have made a 6 or 7, which means he would have still probably won the tournament by one or two.

But, as is usually the case with these things, you never know.

Finally, this picture tweeted by Joseph LeClair provides an excellent overview of the crime scene.

Wed May 15, 2013 6:51 am
Extraordinary

Woods So Drunk He Fell Over

Quote:
It was meant to be their first red carpet debut as a couple, but it didn't go as smoothly as Tiger Woods and new squeeze Lindsey Vonn would have hoped.

Woods was reportedly so intoxicated at a Met Gala after-party that he fell over and embarrassed his new girlfriend.

Apparently when it was time to leave at 2am he tumbled while walking up a flight of steps.

Lindsey, 28, began to get annoyed when he didn’t attempt to get up. Instead Tiger, 37, remained down until she helped him up with a supporting hand.

According to the source, he swayed from side to side as his new girlfriend guided him out of the building.

Wed May 15, 2013 7:27 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Bradley. Again, you don't understand the rule. He didn't see where it last crossed the hazard. His playing partner did. And by rule, he dropped it where his playing partner instructed him to do so. If you have a problem with anyone, it should be him.

Also, yes, I'm sure a video made by Joe Paterno apologist is quite well made.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed May 15, 2013 10:50 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

I have a feeling people are going to be questioning any Tiger event where he is in contention for now on. Sad.

Thu May 16, 2013 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

jmovies wrote:
I have a feeling people are going to be questioning any Tiger event where he is in contention for now on. Sad.

He has had two recent opportunities to prove that he is an honorable golfer who rises to take the high road - - and instead he has chosen the weasel way, descending to get off on a technicality both times.

Quote:
"Many of us have seen the ball move a quarter of an inch, and we've all called a penalty on ourselves. And we get on with it. We've done this for years, all of us. We've all policed ourselves. That's the most wonderful thing about this game of golf. The rules are black and white and sometimes the black and white is harsh. But I think Tiger would gain massive Brownie points if he stood up and said, you know, you're right, guys, I clearly have broken the rules. And I'll walk, I'll see you next week." - N. Faldo

Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

He hasn't broken any rules.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri May 17, 2013 10:51 am
Extraordinary

Chippy wrote:
He hasn't broken any rules.

A sadly accurate definition of what passes for sportsmanship in modern America.

I'm pulling for Sang-Moon Bae at the Byron Nelson this afternoon - - I'm looking forward to him knocking the crazy off of Keegan Bradley's face, just like it was at the Ryder Cup!

Sun May 19, 2013 9:34 am
Extraordinary

..................Bae FTW!

:cheer: Congratulations!!! :cheer:

Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

zzzzzzzzzz

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote: