Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next
 Grade The Last Movie You Watched 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Grade The Last Movie You Watched
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2: I initially gave a "D" mainly because it didn't seem like a whole happened until the last 15 minutes of the movie compared to the 1st movie.. Granted, I watched this at home instead with a crowd.. After watching it a 2nd time earlier today, I'd have to revise my grade from a "D" to maybe a "C-".. I guess I have high expectations when it comes to the amount of hype these movies generate..

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
---------

TiMER - A-

A sweet romantic indie starring Emma Caufield in a world where people wear timers counting down to when they will meet true love. It's pretty hilarious and completely unconventional for the genre. Definitely check it out on Netflix Instant.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Let see as this is my first post I shall honor it with a film so bad that only I would be posting about..hopefully.

Wait for it....

I Am Number 4

Holy shit a storm is coming. Wow talk about a film that is so horrid, that is so bad, that the only thing besides the shitty dialogue you heard in the cinema (My experience) was the repetitive groaning and laughter from the audience members. Man its been a while since I have seen something so bad and this one takes the whole cake. Just one of those shitty high school prom type nonsense films that has alien superpower dude with his awesome yet totally useless somewhat famous actor who happens to be the only redeeming factor. Yet that is not enough to save this film. I think I have wasted enough words without wanting to actually give away pointless plots that take place within this realm of torment.

Rating=E (And no the action was still not worth it).

Only recommended if you can sneak in booze with buddies and go nuts at how bad it is.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 am
Ocarina of Time

True Grit

B-

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 am
Speed Racer

The Illusionist - A-
Another Year - A

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Miller's Crossing 10
Rebecca 10
American Madness 7
The Postman Always Rings Twice 8
The Big Heat 10
Dogtooth 9
Eat Drink Man Woman 10

Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

NICE GUY JOHNNY

I'm watching this on netflix and I'm finding it okay but Ed Burns has the most annoying grating voice in the history of film.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:32 pm
Extraordinary

recently i watched
the man who fell to earth
walkabout
dont look now
scarface
still walking
crooklyn
in a year with 13 moons
paranormal activity

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:36 am
Extraordinary

Skyline

Thought the visuals were very good, but the story didn't do much for me. I thought it was more interesting than Battle Los Angeles though.

Grade - C

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:28 am
Extraordinary

now i watched
will success spoil rock hunter
los olvidados
blonde venus

Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:47 pm
Aspiring Director

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone B+

Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 pm
Extraordinary

Fright Night 2011 - A

Saw it at a screening tonight and it was great! It was also presented in 3D and guess what. The 3D was actually good and not just letter sequences in the beginning or end of the film. There was actually good display of depth and of scenes that popped out at you. Best 3D for me in a long time. Story was good, actors good, great lines and presentation of them. I also loved the sound/music used in the film. It was creepy and heavy when it needed to be. I'm definitely going to watch this one a second time. Hope y'all check it out.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:50 pm
Aspiring Director

I'm looking forward to Fright Night, mainly because of the cast, and the fact that it has a script written by Marti Noxon, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:14 pm
Forum General

Terminators 1 & 2.

The effects are thoroughly outdated and cheesy. The story is actually pretty nonsensical. I guess they're easy-going, fun movies, but unlike the gushing and orgasmic reactions, neither are particularly impressive to me. Maybe it's the decade and nostalgia that skews opinion because I don't find really trashing effects-driven films released today whilst praising these as constructive criticism and seems more hypocritical than anything. Kind of like guilt-favourites.

I think someone said that Terminator 3 brings it full-circle or something but a movie should be judged by itself not on something unexplained because it is a nonsensical plot-hole that gets resolved due in future movie as correction. In this way, I also see the excessive critical praise on Deathly Hallows 2 the same. I may be a bit biased as I don't think in the two times I've seen it judged it as a movie by itself, but then again, it doesn't even feel like a stand-alone movie anyway. All these seem to be guilty-revisionism.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

The Last Circus (aka Balada triste de trompeta) viciously twists a laundry list of genres - black comedy, the circus film, the monster movie, the testimonial period piece and even superhero archetypes - to create a magnificent and tragic metaphor for the scars left on Spain by Franco's cruel regime. This is disturbingly audacious film-making that will shock your system in the same way that fucked up arthouse cinema like Fight Club did. Balada triste de trompeta is unafraid to punish it's audience, boldly declaring that slaughterhouse cinema must acknowledge it's fascist underpinnings before it dresses up in funny costumes and pretends to fight bad guys. The American pun-ster in me wants to call this The Dark Knight tied to Water for Elephants and dunked into strong acid by Pan's Labyrinth, but such a cynical comparison would do a disservice to Spanish genre director Álex de la Iglesia's and his singular vision of bloody brilliant dark satire.

A+

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 am
Aspiring Director

The Last Circus looks brilliant. I hoped to catch it at the Wellington International Film Festival this year but unfortunately missed out. Definitely a must-see for later on.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:11 pm
Extraordinary

The American

Thought it was an okay film. It seemed like there was alot of nothing going on at various parts in the film. It's not an action film but more a minimalist thriller. It did have a few moments of intensity but overall it was a bit snoozy.

Grade - C

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:07 am
Extraordinary

Dont Be Afraid of the Dark

Well, I caught this at a screening tonight 8/24. It was mostly full. I didn't know anything about the story going in except for what I gathered from the trailers. That was it was about a girl being tormented by some creatures in a house. I think I can safely say that this film was embarassing to watch. First, I don't like it when a film is "presented" by someone and when the opening credits showed that it was presented by Miramax and then Del Toro's name I was bit irked already. Then, he didn't even direct this so maybe that's a good thing but attaching his name to a project like this to get butts in seats is cheap. The film was a mess. It wasn't scary, it wasn't interesting, it was boring and showing that scene in the trailer when the girl sees the creature in her bed was stupid. That totally removed any surprise. I didn't like the acting either and I like these actors but Holmes looked ugly, Pearce isn't aging well and that little girl would probably be good in a Poltergeist type flick or maybe just stick to comedies. I struggled to keep my eyes open and attentive for this flick. I went with three other people and they all thought it was a dud.

Grade - D

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 pm
Hatchling

Colossal Youth- 9
The World- 9
24 City- 10
Diabolique- 9
The Color of Pomegranates- 10
Another Year- 10

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:36 am
Speed Racer

Anonymous - B

I actually found it to be one of the hardest movies to grade due to the subject matter. On one hand it worked as a purely fictitious movie. But, the idea that it could be spitting on the memory of one of the most iconic writers in history... well, that was a little oft-putting.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:25 pm
Extraordinary

THE DARK KNIGHT IN IMAX

A

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm
Ocarina of Time

nghtvsn wrote:
THE DARK KNIGHT IN IMAX

A

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unstoppable (2010)
B+

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm
Extraordinary

Watched a slew of movies Sunday.

Hugo - A
What's Your Number - B
Red Riding Hood - C
13 - B
Awakenings - A

I really enjoyed Hugo alot more than I thought I would. I'd never seen Awakenings and had passed it over many times but I decided to give it a whirl last night and I liked it as well. It started off slow but once it got going I was hooked. It was part inspirational and tragic at the same time.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:03 am
Cream of the Crop

The Prestige - A

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

4/21 - We Bought a Zoo - A-
4/21 - Money Pit - C-
4/22 - Patch Adams - B+

We Bought a Zoo - I liked it for the most part. Though, I found the character of the son annoying. I also didn't agree with the people vs. animals thing at the end.

Money Pit - Way over the top for me. I didn't find it very funny.

Patch Adams - I found a couple of things the character of Patch did offensive (the beginning with the catatonic patient and what he did in the end scene). I don't know if it was historically accurate or not (in relation to those antics). However, I do know that Robin Williams was, historically, way too old for the part. Regardless, he did a great job in the role. The movie was sad, poignant, funny, and uplifting. Much like We Bought a Zoo was.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 3937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158  Next