Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 The Haunting in Connecticut 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
D 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Post The Haunting in Connecticut

Quote:
The Haunting in Connecticut is a 2009 American psychological horror film produced by Gold Circle Films and directed by Peter Cornwell. It is supposedly based on the true story of Carmen Reed and her family, as portrayed by author Ray Garton in the book In a Dark Place: The Story of a True Haunting (1992). The film's story follows the fictional Campbells as they move into a house (a former mortuary) to mitigate the strains of travel on their cancer-stricken son, Matthew. The family soon becomes haunted by violent and traumatic events from supernatural forces occupying the house.

The Haunting in Connecticut was a moderately successful film at the box office, grossing $76,501,870, but received "generally unfavorable reviews" according to Metacritic. Gold Circle Films has announced the production of two more entries in the franchise, The Haunting in Georgia and The Haunting in New York but noted that neither film would be a direct sequel to "Haunting in Connecticut" and will instead be self-contained films with unique characters.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 pm
Star Trek XI

Post Re: The Haunting in Connecticut
I have no idea what happened in this movie. The spirits were angry. There was a burned guy. There were people who worked in a mortuary and they did strange things to people. They carved strange things into their bodies.

I just lost interest in the film whenever Amanda Crew (Sex Drive) is not on screen. When she was there, i was interested because she is smoking hot. When she's not, I felt like refilling my popcorn.

5/10

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 am
You must have big rats

This film really looks retarded.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

If anyone sees it, can you please let me know what happened in it. I still can't figure it out.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm
Speed Racer

I'm pretty sure not even the director knows.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I was one of the few that actually thought this looked decent and I was really disappointed in it. The first hour or so was incredibly annoying and repetitive. And then the last fifty minutes came and... well, I don't have much to say about it. It was weird, unintentionally hilarious and almost incomprehensable. The one thing that sets this apart from other supernatural films is that the acting is actually really good. Kyle Gallner is absolutely great in his role and I expect some wonderful things from him in the future.

5/10 ( C )

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hatchling

A creepy atmosphere and some really scary moments save the film.

B-

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:39 am
Pure Phase

I thought it was an entertaining ghost story. Also, Kyle Gallner and Virginia Madsen's performances are both strong.

B/B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 am
Teh Mexican

I really was expecting the worst although i thought it looked great on the trailer, and its actually good. I jumped a few times...

B-

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 pm
College Boy Z

The good: It's legit scary sometimes (I jumped quite a few times), really creepy and generally well-acted.

The bad: I have no idea what the hell happened.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:15 am

Utterly boring garbage.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT - 4/10 (D+)

Boooooooring. :sleeping: It's also confusing. But I didn't really care what was going on anyway.

Last edited by Magic Mike on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:29 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Things I would rather do then relive watching this thing

Read the complete transcripts of the Sotamayer hearings in Welsh while having needles being jammed in my penis.
Having a naked wrestling match with somebody who has lived without a shower in the Mongolian desert for 5 months
Support Manchester United for 10 minutes
Chop off my own left ass cheek cook it with peppers and then eat it.

A Brain sodomizing experience this was.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I blind purchased this, as a matter of fact, it was the Unrated Edition I purchased cause it looks cool and I always get suckered into the whole "Based on a True Story" element.. Come on, there has to be something good about it?? Your a hard crowd to please..

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

You blind purchased this? Why?

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:20 pm
Wallflower

I don't believe this has an Unrated version? Anyway, you chose a poor movie to blind buy. I usually only blind buy the ones that are supposed to be really good and aren't widely available in stores, like EDEN LAKE. You should blind buy that, or INSIDE. Not this boring crap. Maybe you'll like it though. I don't care much for most supernatural horror flicks myself.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Mike wrote:
I don't believe this has an Unrated version? Anyway, you chose a poor movie to blind buy. I usually only blind buy the ones that are supposed to be really good and aren't widely available in stores, like EDEN LAKE. You should blind buy that, or INSIDE. Not this boring crap. Maybe you'll like it though. I don't care much for most supernatural horror flicks myself.

Yes, it has an Unrated version that I purchased at Walmart for 25 Bucks.. It does exist..

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 am
Profile WWW

zingy wrote:
You blind purchased this? Why?

Cause I think I'm easier to please than many of you film snobs are and I dig supernatural movies with taglines of "Based on a True Story" angle..

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:18 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Only BKB would consider me a film snob. :funny:

Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:26 am

Well, I blind purchased this movie like weeks ago and finally got around to watching it and the deal is: Is that I didn't finish watching it, even after 2 days of trying to finish watching it cause it was so damn boring and I mean BORING.. Christ, normally, I'm a sucker for the whole "Based on a True Story" angle, but I really find it hard to grasp that any of this was even remotely true.. The short end of this movie is this: A family rents or purchases this home which is supposed to be closer to the Hospital that the family commutes to and from with their sick and dying son who has cancer.. In the process of doing so, they encounter weird shit in the house they've moved into such as a room down in the basement that was once used for embalming dead bodies, but even more weird was the fact that the mortician had a fetish for "Necromania" which is stealing dead bodies from the cemetary in an effort to bring them back to life somehow while also cutting off their eyelids.. The jumps and scares are few and far between with the occasional ghostly image appearing in a mirror or when a TV is shut off, you can see them walking in the glare of the TV and kitchen light.. The problem with this movie is that it wanted to be "The AMITYVILLE HORROR" along with "The EXORCIST" and I'm sorry, but both those movies were so much more believeable than this movie.. I wish I could've finished watching it to the end, but what can I say?? It sucked to high heaven which means I must've been high when I blind purchased this..

Grade: No grade for not finishing it, but would probably give it a "D" if I were to give this a grade and that's being generous.. Rarely do I Begin watching a movie only to not finish it unless it's just bad...

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:57 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I'm impressed, BKB. I thought this was a guaranteed A since you bought it and all.

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 am

zingy wrote:
I'm impressed, BKB. I thought this was a guaranteed A since you bought it and all.

Nah.. The movie really is ass.. I'm using it as a doorstop right now...

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Dr. BK Banner wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yes, it has an Unrated version that I purchased at Walmart for 25 Bucks.. It does exist..

God, even I only blind bought it for $5.

Anyway, I didn't finish it either. I just didn't get what they were going for. Like someone said, acting's fine. But the rest? Not. Thrills for the sake of thrills.

Grade: D+

Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]