Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Per qualche dollaro in più [For a Few Dollars More] 

What grade would you give this film?
A 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Per qualche dollaro in più [For a Few Dollars More] 
College Boy Z

Post Per qualche dollaro in più [For a Few Dollars More]
For a Few Dollars More

Quote:
For a Few Dollars More (Italian: Per qualche dollaro in più) is a 1965 Italian spaghetti western film directed by Sergio Leone and starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef and Gian Maria Volonté. German actor Klaus Kinski also plays a supporting role as a secondary villain. The film was released in the United States in 1967 and is the second part of what is commonly known as the Dollars Trilogy.

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:34 pm
You must have big rats

Just like with A Fistful of Dollars, I got a chance to see for the first time recently. Not only that, but I saw both at a theatre on the big screen and that was a great experience, especially with this flick. It starts off rather slow, but later turns into hands down one of the best westerns ever. It is still not as good as its successor, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, but it is a vast improvement over A Fistful of Dollar and masterfully showcases Leone's strengths. The great part about this film is that Eastwood gets an excellent partner in Lee Van Cleef who oozes coolness every bit as much as Eastwood does. I love the stand-off between the two and their great chemistry. It was just a joy to watch their interaction.

Furthermore, the movie actually has a great villain in Gian Maria Volonté's calm, but deadly El Indio. The trio of these actors pretty much makes this film as much fun as it is. There is also a surprisingly good amount of humor in this film, in particular in the scene in which Eastwood goes to the house of that guy who lives just next to the train tracks. I was in stitches! This is the point on which the film really picks up and never lets go until the end. I loved it! The fnal showdown between Mortimer and El Indio is great, but it's just a first taste of the amazing showdown that we witness in the follow-up.

All in all a great movie, even for those who are not fond of westerns. It has great characters, one-liners, humor, suspense and action. The Dollars Trilogy is the best thing that has ever happened to the westerns genre.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Madoshi

Other than not thinking it gets off to a slow start, ditto.

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: For a Few Dollars More
Man Leone made a trio of great films with really scary looking people.

The music is great and everything and it is a classic western.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

It's not quite as good as the previous one, but still pretty damned awesome. It's more polished and clean, but I think that takes away some of its charm. There's something about the horrible dubbing and mismatched sound effects that's endearing, and gives these films their distinctive style, and this one took a little too much of that away. Still, I really enjoyed myself.

Doesn't touch TGTBATU of course, though.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 am
The Dark Knight

The movie is overall pretty good.

However the tense showdowns which these films are widely loved for make this film an all time Western Classic. The first showdown is epic with it starting slow to go all out dramatic with organs!!!! EPICNESS!!!!!!!!

Apart from Once in a time and of course TGTBATU nothing comes close in terms of epic scale and beauty.

A-

All time classic.

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]