Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Envy 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
D 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

Envy 
College Boy Z

Post Envy
Envy

Quote:
Envy is a 2004 American comedy film directed by Barry Levinson. It stars Ben Stiller and Jack Black.

Last edited by zingy on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:06 pm
College Boy Z

Ben Stiller and Jack Black's worst movies. It doesn't get worse than this in the comedy genre. One of the worst of 2004.

D

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:20 pm
now we know

Not LOL funny, but still a nice little comedy. I like to see Ben Stiller and Jack Black in other stuff for a change, and this was a nice suprise. Ben Stiller wasnt his best, but Jack Black was.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Envy - D

Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:17 am
We had our time together

Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

It sucks! Worst Ben Stiller movie of 2004!

Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:41 pm
Sbil

A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F

Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:43 pm
You must have big rats

A disaster of staggering proportions. Seriously, who greenlighted this? Other than Van Helsing, I don't think I had a more painful movie experience last year. F

So I take it as you haven't seen Scooby Doo 2 and Garfield...

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Libs wrote:

Oh, I actually saw Scooby-Doo 2 on DVD a while ago. It was pretty bad, but nowhere near Envy. It was directed at children, after all.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:27 pm
College Boy Z

Envy is bad. It's not "Pluto Nash" bad, but it's bad.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:29 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Libs wrote:

Oh, I actually saw Scooby-Doo 2 on DVD a while ago. It was pretty bad, but nowhere near Envy. It was directed at children, after all.

I haven't seen Envy, but Scooby Doo 2 is one of the 10 worst movies I have seen in my entire life. There are movies that are bad, but at least so-bad-it's-almost-good (i.e. unintentionally funny). Scooby Doo 2 is not even one of that kind... I saw the first 10 minutes of Envy and it seemed okay-ish to me.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I quite enjoyed ENVY. I'm not sure if I would buy it (I might if it's ever in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart or something) but I didn't mind watching it. It's seriously underrated. I thought it would be one of the worst movies ever, though it has little or no plot, I would never say I "hate" it.

7/10 (B)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Last edited by movies35 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Cream of the Crop

Bad movie, with the exception of Christopher Walken, who I find funny in every comedic role I've seen him in.
C+

"How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Got a, got a compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Working on, working on that for quite some time?"

Battle of the 2005 movies - Vote Now!

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

Grade: 2/10 (F)

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:18 pm
Killing With Kindness

ENVY (2004)

I didn't think it could be this horrible! I know everyone said it was and it did look bad from the previews, but I still didn't think it could be THIS bad. OH MY GOD! It was so awful! It was incredibly unfunny and boring. Atrocious! The worst movie of 2004! I was tired and kept wanting to shut it off and just go to bed but since I was paying an extra day for it I was determined to finish it. Ugh! Terrible! What in the hell was everyone involved in this thinking?!

for me it would be undoubtably Napoleon Dynamite, it is the most over rated peice of garbage i have ever seen.

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

Bjs Grade for Napoleon Dynamite:

F-

if there is anything lower than a F- this film is there.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Mike wrote:
ENVY (2004)

for me it would be undoubtably Napoleon Dynamite, it is the most over rated peice of garbage i have ever seen.

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

F-

I do agree that NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is highly overrated and incredibly unfunny. It's one of the most overrated movies of 2004, second only to THE PASSION OF THE CHRISTINA AGUILERA. I found it terribly unfunny and obnoxious with annoying and unlikable characters (Tina Majorino's was fine though, but the main character was the biggest loser and I didn't feel bad for him because he didn't have to act so stupid, but he did, and I wouldn't want to be around him either. He was so annoying that I wanted him to die and be put out of his misery and so I could be put out of mine and the movie would end. He's such a loser that even regular losers wouldn't want to hang out with him). I liked the ending though and the song "The Promise" by When In Rome, but other than that I'm awfully annoyed by its undeserved popularity.

Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:52 pm
Killing With Kindness

BJ wrote:
Mike wrote:
ENVY (2004)

BJs grade for Envy:

F

horible film

F-

I do agree that NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is highly overrated and incredibly unfunny. It's one of the most overrated movies of 2004, second only to THE PASSION OF THE CHRISTINA AGUILERA. I found it terribly unfunny and obnoxious with annoying and unlikable characters (Tina Majorino's was fine though, but the main character was the biggest loser and I didn't feel bad for him because he didn't have to act so stupid, but he did, and I wouldn't want to be around him either. He was so annoying that I wanted him to die and be put out of his misery and so I could be put out of mine and the movie would end. He's such a loser that even regular losers wouldn't want to hang out with him). I liked the ending though and the song "The Promise" by When In Rome, but other than that I'm awfully annoyed by its undeserved popularity.

Im glad to see that someone agrees with me :smile:

Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:30 pm
Forum General

Wowzers Mike, I didn't think you'd hate it that much :shock: I bought it, it was only $10 or something. I haven't watched it again yet but I will probably over Spring Break with my friends, some of them are dying to see it. Why can't they be dying to see something better? Not that it's a bad movie but it's not something anyone (or so I thought) would want to see really bad.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
New Server, Same X

It sucks! Worst Ben Stiller movie of 2004!

:lol: It's pretty sad when Ben Stiller has enough movies in 2004 to classify himself as his own film category.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:04 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

The second worst film of 2004 (right after WELCOME TO MOOSEPORT). Absolutely atrocious!

4/10 (D+)

Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

Well, I'm in agreement with most others here. I have finally rented it and watched fully.

This movie is really an unique achievement. How is it possible to have a movie starring two of the best comedians out there (Stiller and Black) and the movie still being not funny whatsoever. This is a fatal flaw of every comedy - not being funny. Black's, Weisz' and Stiller's acting was mediocre, but still saved the movie from being one of the worst ever. It still easily enters the list of the worst movies in its year. Really, there are barely any jokes and all of the jokes that are in it fall flat. I usually like Walken, but he was a total, unnecessary waste in this one.

Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:14 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

The only time I remember falling asleep in a movie was this. Christopher Walken was just beyond bizarre in this movie.

F

I'd give it a G if I had to...

Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:33 pm
All Star Poster

an incredibly bad film, one of the worst comedies ever, it wasnt funny in any way, its just as annoying and stupid as Napoleon Dynamite

almost Intolerable

F

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next