Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:18 am



Reply to topic  [ 1179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next
 The DVD/Blu-Ray Rental and Sales Thread 
Author Message
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Riggs wrote:
So has Transformers already sold more than At World's End?

And are there any total numbers available for The Notebook?


Nope, At World's End is still around 220,000 copies ahead.

The Notebook's sales are not known, no. All we know is that it sold over 2 million copies just last year!


And as for neo's link:

It says that Iron Man sold 7.2 million DVDs and 500,000 Blu-Ray's in its first week - better first week sales than for Transformers!


I man, I already can't wait for The Dark Knight's 1st week number. It'll definitely be above 11 million.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:19 pm
Posts: 10813
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Great start for Iron Man.


Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
This week's sales! (Iron Man's number!!!)

Well, much lower than what HR reported and a lot lower than Transformers' and At World's End's numbers. I think we're looking at a total of around 11-12 million which is still very good of course, but less than I expected. I assume a lot went into Blu Ray, though.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
New Archives addition:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060319.php

A History of Violence sold over 2.5 million copies so far. Which makes Eastern Promises' performance seeming all the more pitiful as it sold less than 700,000 copiesin total. Looks like AHOV had really amazing WoM.

Good Night, and Good Luck. sold almost 1.4 million copies which is a pretty good number for the flick, IMO.


Next week, we'll know total sales numbers for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I expect something around 11.5-12 million.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:19 pm
Posts: 10813
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Damn, thats a huge overestimation from HR.


Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 5980
Location: New York
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Ok, it seems that the-numbers almost always has much lower numbers than initially reported for big releases. Are we certain about the accuracy of their data? That's always kind of weighed on me.


Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 pm
Profile
Begging Naked

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:07 pm
Posts: 14479
Location: The Present (Duh)
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Oct. 6-12: http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 081012.php

Good for Sleeping Beauty, and Iron Man is now the biggest DVD of the year after two weeks both in total DVDs and revenue.

As for the other two new releases, that's pretty impressive for The Happening, especially considering how Lady in the Water did (399,000 first week, 790,000 overall), the terrible WOM...and those numbers for Zohan. WOW. Was WOM really that bad? Chuck and Larry had TRIPLE the first week sales! It might not even reach 1 million copies, which for a (barely) $100 million grosser is...bad.

Archived date (Mar. 6-12): http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060312.php

Strong sales for Goblet of Fire. And it appears to have sold about the sales amount of copies as Order of the Phoenix (10.99 million for GoF, 10.97 for OotP). Pretty remarkably consistent franchise.

Also, for a film that had such a ho-hum reaction and doesn't really seem like a must-own DVD, nearly 3 million copies is quite good for Jarhead.

And I'm really interested to see the total sales for Walk the Line and ESPECIALLY Crash. I think the latter might be as high as 5 million copies over its lifetime.


Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:02 am
Posts: 18501
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 01fdbefdc1

Looks like The INCREDIBLE HULK is doing quite well in sales for DVD, especially on BLU-RAY..

Quote:
Looking ahead, Universal's "The Incredible Hulk" is poised to be the top seller this week, with sales of nearly 2 million units on Tuesday, its first day in stores, according to studio estimates. More than 14% of those sales were on Blu-ray.


Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:11 pm
Posts: 8202
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
MR. GREEN wrote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i89d2099dbe2c2712bff78d01fdbefdc1

Looks like The INCREDIBLE HULK is doing quite well in sales for DVD, especially on BLU-RAY..

Quote:
Looking ahead, Universal's "The Incredible Hulk" is poised to be the top seller this week, with sales of nearly 2 million units on Tuesday, its first day in stores, according to studio estimates. More than 14% of those sales were on Blu-ray.


WTF??! It sold 2 million copies on day 1 alone? Makes no sense since IM sold 5+ million copies in 1 week and at the end will end up selling around 8-9 million total. I was hoping it will sell as many copies as TF but ah well.

Nah TIH won't sell more than 2.3 million copies for 1st week.


Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:02 am
Posts: 18501
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
LadiesMan217 wrote:
MR. GREEN wrote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i89d2099dbe2c2712bff78d01fdbefdc1

Looks like The INCREDIBLE HULK is doing quite well in sales for DVD, especially on BLU-RAY..

Quote:
Looking ahead, Universal's "The Incredible Hulk" is poised to be the top seller this week, with sales of nearly 2 million units on Tuesday, its first day in stores, according to studio estimates. More than 14% of those sales were on Blu-ray.


WTF??! It sold 2 million copies on day 1 alone? Makes no sense since IM sold 5+ million copies in 1 week and at the end will end up selling around 8-9 million total. I was hoping it will sell as many copies as TF but ah well.

Nah TIH won't sell more than 2.3 million copies for 1st week.


I was in Blockbuster Video last night picking up my 3 Disc Edition reserved copy of this and the shelf was cleaned out, both in rentals and sales.. To me this proves that despite TIH only making 3 Million more than the 2003 movie, that alot of people missed the boat on this in theatres and are making up for it on DVD.. It was damn good, but your always going to get the folks who defend Ang Lee's version cause it's Ang Lee.. Great director but wrong director for a character like this...


Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:14 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am
Posts: 13203
Location: Vienna
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Wow, Zohan's number is really weak while Happening did pretty good. Something went wrong there.


Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:56 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Indy's sales!

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 081019.php

Wow, that IS disappointing, if you ask me. I mean Iron Man sold 2 million units more in its first week!

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:16 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
New archived sales:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060305.php


Walk the Line sold more in its first week than Indy?! (sure the BluRay had an effect as well, but still!). Also, a total of 7.3 million sales for Walk the Line is just fucking tremendous. It was pretty much as big as The Departed on DVD and bigger than Juno and No Country for Old Men TOGETHER.

Pride and Prejudice did VERY well too. I mean it sold over 3 million units, making a lot more in DVD sales than in theatrical grosses.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am
Posts: 13203
Location: Vienna
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
:shock: @ Indy..

That's far more than just disapointing.


Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:25 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:02 am
Posts: 18501
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Dr. Lecter wrote:
New archived sales:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060305.php


Walk the Line sold more in its first week than Indy?! (sure the BluRay had an effect as well, but still!). Also, a total of 7.3 million sales for Walk the Line is just fucking tremendous. It was pretty much as big as The Departed on DVD and bigger than Juno and No Country for Old Men TOGETHER.

Pride and Prejudice did VERY well too. I mean it sold over 3 million units, making a lot more in DVD sales than in theatrical grosses.


Out of curiousity, but how much has The INCREDIBLE HULK made thus far?? I've been to Blockbuster twice since it's release and the rentals and sales look pretty decent, at least as good as IRONMAN.. I can't find it cause there still on Oct 19th..


Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:26 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
MR. GREEN wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
New archived sales:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060305.php


Walk the Line sold more in its first week than Indy?! (sure the BluRay had an effect as well, but still!). Also, a total of 7.3 million sales for Walk the Line is just fucking tremendous. It was pretty much as big as The Departed on DVD and bigger than Juno and No Country for Old Men TOGETHER.

Pride and Prejudice did VERY well too. I mean it sold over 3 million units, making a lot more in DVD sales than in theatrical grosses.


Out of curiousity, but how much has The INCREDIBLE HULK made thus far?? I've been to Blockbuster twice since it's release and the rentals and sales look pretty decent, at least as good as IRONMAN.. I can't find it cause there still on Oct 19th..


Number not released yet.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32053
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Dr. Lecter wrote:
New archived sales:

http://www.the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/w ... 060305.php


Walk the Line sold more in its first week than Indy?! (sure the BluRay had an effect as well, but still!). Also, a total of 7.3 million sales for Walk the Line is just fucking tremendous. It was pretty much as big as The Departed on DVD and bigger than Juno and No Country for Old Men TOGETHER.


Damn country fans, heh.


Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:08 pm
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
The Incredible Hulk sells 2.15 million copies in its first week:

http://the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php


For comparison:


Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 1.8 million
Ghost Rider - 2.5 million
Spider-Man 3 - 3 million
Iron Man - 5.1 million

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
So much has happened to me that I don’t understand
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:30 am
Posts: 32053
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
BKB bought 500k himself


Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:22 am
Profile
The Greatest Avenger EVER
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:02 am
Posts: 18501
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Dr. Lecter wrote:
The Incredible Hulk sells 2.15 million copies in its first week:

http://the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php


For comparison:


Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 1.8 million
Ghost Rider - 2.5 million
Spider-Man 3 - 3 million
Iron Man - 5.1 million


Not bad.. I do think that this shows the reboot was better received than the 2003 movie and that pleases me..


Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:11 pm
Posts: 8202
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
MR. GREEN wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
The Incredible Hulk sells 2.15 million copies in its first week:

http://the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php


For comparison:


Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - 1.8 million
Ghost Rider - 2.5 million
Spider-Man 3 - 3 million
Iron Man - 5.1 million


Not bad.. I do think that this shows the reboot was better received than the 2003 movie and that pleases me..


That is about what I expected.

But I have to say its first week sales is kinda more impressive than Iron Man. I don't know why but Iron man should have done around 200+ million by now in dvd but it is nowhere close to that.

TDk is unfortunately going to sell 10+ million copies first week and around 35-38 total in america.


Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Wallflower
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:53 am
Posts: 33475
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/dvdrentals/ch...08-11-09&p=.htm

Good for TRANSSIBERIAN. It's a great movie.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 am
Profile
Extraordinary

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:41 pm
Posts: 25109
Location: San Mateo, CA
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
Look great for Kung Fu Panda, considering it had a Sunday release.

_________________
Recent watched movies:

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office


Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92093
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
I'm excited to see Panda's sales. I assume it'll sell more than 12 million copies in total, WoM really was THAT good.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:36 am
Posts: 13203
Location: Vienna
Post Re: The DVD/VHS Rental Sales Thread
999


Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.