Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 

What grade would you give this film?
A 32%  32%  [ 23 ]
B 47%  47%  [ 34 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 10 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 73

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 
Begging Naked

Post Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Mannyisthebest wrote:
Quote:
I hate a lot of films, doesn't make Indy IV any less shittier.

and you think Children of Men is one of the best films ever... :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

:er:

And I :er: that as someone that enjoyed IJ4.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

well IJ is mindless fun like TF or like Pirates...
Its fun and entertaining Nothing more or nothing less.

Plus I do like Children of Men and think it is A-, however the film is still nothing compared to the REAL great films of our time.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Well most people think the best of anything happens in their own time and I thought that as well.

And I prefer films from 1939 and after...

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Squee

It wasn't very good. **

I blame Lucas for the terrible shit. CG Gophers making 3 appearances, Indy surviving a NUCLEAR BLAST and being hurdled 1000 feet in a fridge, Henry III swinging from vine branch to vine branch.

:glare:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Not Squee :tears:

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:47 pm
Extraordinary

Squee wrote:
It wasn't very good. **

I blame Lucas for the terrible shit. CG Gophers making 3 appearances, Indy surviving a NUCLEAR BLAST and being hurdled 1000 feet in a fridge, Henry III swinging from vine branch to vine branch.

:D Yet another reason why I love you.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I kind of took the ridiculous shit in stride... Indy kind of embraces ridiculous shit

Though the nuclear blast was still :hahaha:

Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:39 am

I thought of it in the same vein as jumping out of an airplane and living by using a raft to break your fall on a speeding mountain in the temple of doom. I mean seriously ask yourself what is more believable, and honestly, I'd take the fridge anyday, at least it took the time to say "led lined" (not to mention there is actual prof of people surviving nuclear blasts in nuclear test situations...no joke.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:07 am
Squee

Darth Indiana Bond wrote:
I thought of it in the same vein as jumping out of an airplane and living by using a raft to break your fall on a speeding mountain in the temple of doom. I mean seriously ask yourself what is more believable, and honestly, I'd take the fridge anyday, at least it took the time to say "led lined" (not to mention there is actual prof of people surviving nuclear blasts in nuclear test situations...no joke.

Yeah since I hated Temple of Doom this argument really doesn't hold weight with me.

By the way, I'd choose using a raft to break your fall as being more believable.

:glare:

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:13 am

But hey, what people don't know is that people have been known to survive nuclear blasts, and if some people can do it than of course Indiana the action Hudini and wielder of the duex ex machina trump card Jones can do it too.

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:16 am
Extraordinary

Shack wrote:
I kind of took the ridiculous shit in stride... Indy kind of embraces ridiculous shit...

Exactly.

If ya can't enjoy a couple of outrageous stunts in an Indiana Jones movie, you're soul has already withered and died...

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:37 am
Full Fledged Member

True, crazy shit has to be expected, but when it gets to the point where you're never really on the edge of your seat because no matter what happens Indy's going to be perfectly fine, the movie has shot itself in the foot. Am I really going to worry about Indy looking into the eyes of a plastic looking skull when HE SURVIVED A FUCKING NUCLEAR BLAST!?

And don't even get me started about the waterfalls. It was just dumb.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:12 am
Extraordinary

b.o. wrote:
True, crazy shit has to be expected, but when it gets to the point where you're never really on the edge of your seat because no matter what happens Indy's going to be perfectly fine, the movie has shot itself in the foot. Am I really going to worry about Indy looking into the eyes of a plastic looking skull when HE SURVIVED A FUCKING NUCLEAR BLAST!?

And don't even get me started about the waterfalls. It was just dumb.

But it was a LEAD LINED refrigerator! Totally plausible!!!

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:21 am

Laugh all you want but it actually is possible (though certainly not plausable).

I will have to say, the next Indy film should be more gritty in the vein of Raiders. Indy never got bruised up in his last outing.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:28 am
Full Fledged Member

I hate Crystal Skull so much I don't want another one. I think they really dropped the ball. There was way too much talent involved for this to be so bad, and I think a lot of people here were too eager to love it, and couldn't claim anything else but. I know for a fact 5, 10, 15 years from now this will be NOWHERE as memorable as any of the other three, even Temple of Doom. I haven't met one person outside of here that could give it an A.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:46 am

I have...

I still believe it got very good reviews, did everyone just forget about that?

I think the main connection problem between this movie and people is that this one delves too far into the true style of Indy that it pushed the envolope, and with people already waiting to be critical, it just exploded from there.

People didn't fall in love with the original Indys because of the style per say as much as the film itself, and I think Spielberg and Lucas took advantage of what Indy is in this film.

I will also point out that this film also suffers from as Anton Ego would say, "the new." It tries something Indy has never done before, but people don't want anything new, they want the same old same old but with a fresh new face, that is why Iron Man did so well. It was nothing new, it was just fresh.

Thus I can understand why this Indy film won't be as cherished as the others (excluding Temple, which I swear this got better reception than), but I still will always love this film though more in the vein of Temple of Doom and less of the other two much better films.

When all the dust has settled I think I will stamp this as an A

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:50 am

I have watched several movies from the 1980s recently and because of that I have really made my peace with this movie. Why? Because all mainstream films from the 1980s are cheesy by todays standards, but yet they were lightyears better (at least the mainstream films) because they had one key ingredient mainstream films lack today: a soul. That is why I like Crytsal Skull so much, it is cheesy and lacks depth, but damn it, it has a soul, and sometimes the only way to obtain a soul is to be cheesy, but in a good way.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:44 pm
Cream of the Crop

Like I said in my blog, the 11 year old in me (who had watched the original trilogy on tv) really loved it and even wanted to see it again after it ended. The 22 year old man is a bit more skeptical, but give it time...

It's hugely entertaining, yeah. And it easely beats Tomb Raiders and Mummys. Haters, please watch the original trilogy before commenting on the so-called plot contrivances. And like Darth said, it has a soul. Few adventure flicks these days have that.

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:35 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Spielberg can still stage an action sequence like nobody's business, and the film never fails to entertain, but there's something off about the whole thing. It's too over-the-top (even for Indy), too glossy, too cartoonish. It has its moments, usually when it decides to embrace its serial roots and just go all-out on the fun, but it's bogged down by too much talk, too much pomp, and too much seriousness. Ford proves he's still got it, but I'm pretty sure Darabont doesn't (as The Mist will also attest to), and Lucas lost it years ago. The real problem is the script; not so much the aliens themselves, just the way they're (mis)handled, and the ridiculous progression of the narrative. And Ray Winstone is absolutely wasted in an utterly pointless role.

The motorcycle chase is great fun though, as is the jungle chase. Indeed, the chases were the best part of the film (as they usually are). Action is not the film's weakness, it's just that all the stuff in between didn't really work.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:23 pm
The Wall

trixster wrote:
Ford proves he's still got it, but I'm pretty sure Darabont doesn't (as The Mist will also attest to), and Lucas lost it years ago.

Darabont didn't write the script they used for shooting (the leaked one was Darabont's and in my opinion it was much better than Koepp's). The story itself comes from Lucas.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:21 am
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

be.redy wrote:
trixster wrote:
Ford proves he's still got it, but I'm pretty sure Darabont doesn't (as The Mist will also attest to), and Lucas lost it years ago.

Darabont didn't write the script they used for shooting (the leaked one was Darabont's and in my opinion it was much better than Koepp's). The story itself comes from Lucas.

Oh well, whatever. Darabont contributed enough to make me blame him.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:43 am
The Wall

Actually besides the main plot about the crystal skull, aliens and the notorious fridge (which all came from Lucas' mind) there isn't any similarity between Darabont's and Koepp's script. :thumbsup:

Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 am
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

How they showed Peru was disrespectful. They stereotyped my country and showed it like a Mexican town. They should've at least tried to do some research. I know its a cheesy film but peruvians also see it, and I know several peeps who were pissed.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:35 pm
The Wall

Ummmm pretty much everyone in the movie(s) is (are, were) stereotyped. From the Germans in the first parts, Indians to the Russians, aliens etc.

Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:18 am
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

be.redy wrote:
Ummmm pretty much everyone in the movie(s) is (are, were) stereotyped. From the Germans in the first parts, Indians to the Russians, aliens etc.

That doesn't make it correct.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next