Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Lol...The US Dollar 
The Original

Post Lol...The US Dollar
I have here some Canadian Dollars left and I will go and change them today......and I just watch the currency exchange rate and voila

For one Canadian Dollar I get .99CHF (Swiss Francs)
For one US-Dollar I get .98CHF(Swiss Francs)

So Canadian Dollar is worth more than US Dollar. ....I cant remember when that the last time was when that was so.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:48 am
Golfaholic

Post Re: Lol...The US Dollar
FILMO wrote:
So Canadian Dollar is worth more than US Dollar. ....I cant remember when that the last time was when that was so.

That would be November, 26th 1976

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:16 am
Cream of the Crop

No more loonies jokes :(

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:21 am
Profile ICQ WWW
The Lubitsch Touch

I just came back from France...let's just say my dollars didn't get very far with the Euro. Brutal.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 am
Cream of the Crop

yoshue wrote:
I just came back from France...let's just say my dollars didn't get very far with the Euro. Brutal.

My Spanish colleagues buy what seems like lifetime supplies of iPods when they come here.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:37 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Aspiring Director

Great time to go to the us for a vacation. Advice anyone?

Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
What would Jesus *not* do?

the truth fairy wrote:

If your over 21 I'd say come on down to Las Vegas. If you like to party there's no better place. :thumbsup:

If your not quite 21 yet or endless vodka red bull shooters, gambling and waist busting buffets aint your thing then maybe Miami or So. Cal. Weathers nice and there's lots to do. New York is nice in late April through the end of May, before the humidity kicks in.

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:17 am
Aspiring Director

The Mr Pink wrote:
the truth fairy wrote:

If your over 21 I'd say come on down to Las Vegas. If you like to party there's no better place. :thumbsup:

If your not quite 21 yet or endless vodka red bull shooters, gambling and waist busting buffets aint your thing then maybe Miami or So. Cal. Weathers nice and there's lots to do. New York is nice in late April through the end of May, before the humidity kicks in.

Way over 21. Would really like to know a little bit of the US. The big cities of course, but also the other america.

Considering the euro evolution, maybe this year.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:40 am
Profile WWW
The Original

Las Vegas is actually a good Idea......I guess it will be not so soon be so cheap to loose some Dollars.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:46 am
loyalfromlondon

The Canadian dollar's been that strong for a while now.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:05 am
Cream of the Crop

the truth fairy wrote:

Way over 21. Would really like to know a little bit of the US. The big cities of course, but also the other america.

If you'd like the "other america" and still want a bit of a Las Vegas feel, Branson, Missouri's a fun place to go. And no, it isn't ALL old country singers. In fact, there's plenty to do there without even having to go to a show. Theme parks, water parks, fishing, camping, museums (including the new huge Titanic museum), etc. Plenty to keep busy without ever stepping foot in a show (if shows aren't your kinda thing).

And really, Missouri in general is a great place to get to know the "other America". We've got just about everything you can think of aside from the ocean. We've got mountains (albeit, a very OLD mountain range, so nothing like the Rockies), plains, rivers, lakes, all sorts of stuff. And we also have big cities like St. Louis (which has some cool stuff like the Arch) and Kansas City (which has a lot of history, and if you're into the arts and jazz, it's a great place to go). And here in Independence, we have some great history, including the Truman Library and Truman Home, the Vaile Mansion (which is awesome if you love semi-creepy Victorian mansions), and during Labor Day weekend, we have the Santa-Cali-Gon Days, which is a festival that takes over our entire downtown Square, celebrating our being one of the main starting-off points for the Santa Fe/California/Oregon trails. If you've played Oregon Trail 2, Independence is one of the cities you can start from.

So... there's a bit of a summary of some of the stuff you can see, and that's just in Missouri. I've been to over 25 states so far, and each one has something great to offer.

Joy

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Aspiring Director

tina_als_girl wrote:
the truth fairy wrote:

So... there's a bit of a summary of some of the stuff you can see, and that's just in Missouri. I've been to over 25 states so far, and each one has something great to offer.

Joy

Thanks for the advice. I would really love to have the time to go from coast to coast, stopping for 2 or 3 days in a place, then continue with the journey. But because i don't have it, hints like yours are precious.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:41 pm
Profile WWW