Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix) 
The Kramer

Post Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
So we are getting a live action remake of the Aang chronicles on Netflix next year. Makes sense after the success of Lemony Snicker. They’ve made note of how it will not be white-washed or humorless, throwing subtle shade at the M Night version whenever possible.

I’d rather have a continuation of Korra’s story (with some HLA) or even one about the next Avatar after Korra. But I will happily take this. The movie is my all-time least favorite and we need to wipe it from the record book.

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender (Netflix)
I don't know... I hope it's good, and a success, but they have a serious uphill challenge ahead of them. I know that Netflix is doing very well for themselves these days, but I imagine this series will require a hefty budget as well.

Has it been announced if Aaron Ehasz, or any of the creators are attached to this?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I assume he will be too busy with Dragon Prince. Have you seen that yet? I’m gonna watch it after I’m done with BoJack season 5.

DImartini and Konietzo are overseeing the production.

Followers of the anti-christ will show their allegiance by wearing his marking on their forehead.

Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:40 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Dragon Prince is good so far. I watched up to episode 4 last night and didn't want to stop watching. You could easily write it off as another generic animated fantasy series, but the writing is solid, the characters have layers, the themes are more on the mature side of things, and the animation is unique.

I'm a bit disappointed Season 1 is only 9 episodes, unless it's only part 1 of season 1 or something (haven't checked).

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Finished The Dragon Prince. Good show so far. I stand by my comments about it in my previous post, though I will say that sometimes, at least to my eyes, the animation style can sometimes "lag" (like a frame rate drop in a video game) during action sequences.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

I can’t wait for this. With the creators coming back to help make it I know it won’t be anywhere near as disastrous as the M.Night movie.

#WearDamnMASK

Fuck the Orange Clown! #SaveAmerica

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 pm
The Kramer

Corpse wrote:
Finished The Dragon Prince. Good show so far. I stand by my comments about it in my previous post, though I will say that sometimes, at least to my eyes, the animation style can sometimes "lag" (like a frame rate drop in a video game) during action sequences.
I noticed that too! It looked like stop-motion animation at times.

It was still a great show though. Nine episodes weren't enough, even a 10th could have wrapped up a lot of loose ends, but I also liked where they stopped. It was like a nine episode prologue; setting up the rules of the world, the teams of heroes and villains (with some reluctance and chance of people changing sides) and the major goal to work towards that will continuously take them to exciting new places (I don't think the Dragon Queen will be at the Breach).

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Dragon Prince has gotten better and better with each new season, by the way.

Season 1: 7/10
Season 2: 8/10
Season 3: 9/10

Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:47 am
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Such an odd turn of events considering that Netflix is Known for letting their creative talent do whatever they want. I guess the massive ratings for the original episodes made them realize this would be the new Stranger Things and they panicked.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:15 pm
Why is the rum gone???

That's bad I really love the world(s) that these two created and the way they build up the story. Let's hope the live action series does not end being like the movie version from Shyamalan.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]