Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
So since I last updated I finished Ju-On: Origins Season 1. Its great with the scares and atmosphere but I didn't connect with the multiple storyline(s) here.

Season 2 of The Order, this was great and while season 1 was good but generic this was edge of your seat thriller from start to end. Eagerly waiting for Season 3 now.

Also finished Warrior Nun Season 1. I am surprised that they decided to end this on such a cliffhanger, completely takes me away from the show. The things that precede were also just decent but mostly all cliches. It was clear who will be the culprit to me but it wasn't very obvious. The final reveal is also real muted. The action scenes are very well choreographed and the lead actress is pretty to look at. This has potential to do well but it needs to improve in Season 2.

Finally also finished HIMYM season 3 as well as half way through of Season 4. Some episodes have already started to be routine when binge watching the series but the cast still stays the highlight of the series.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:50 am
Forum General

Umbrella Academy: Season 2 is so good. I pretty much ran through it today and wasn't even planning to, but the second half is pretty fantastic and now I already want a Season 3. I just love the style and energy of this show and the actors all have great chemistry with eachother and feel like an actual family.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:04 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I plan to watch UA2 on Monday. Over the long weekend I made plans to binge Pixar movie marathon. As for Umbrella Academy's Season 1 I liked it but didn't love it till the final two episodes. Good to hear that Season 2 has improved but it sounds like the first few episodes are going to be slow this time around as well.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I've been binging "The Umbrella Academy" season 2 and it's leaps and bounds better than the first season. The increase in quality is undeniable from the budget and production design to the more confident performances and character dynamics. So fun and entertaining, and I was yelling at the TV at one point. I'm 7 episodes in but this is one of the more enjoyable binges of the year for me so far.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:00 am
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

Oscuro Deseo is YET ANOTHER Mexican Netflix homerun. Go ahead and watch it. it's glorious.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:58 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Yeah, the second season of "The Umbrella Academy" was AMAZING. Just finished.

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:00 pm
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

The second season of The Umbrella Academy was energetic and had a much better flow. The only thing that did not work is the comedy that they keep injecting into it every few minutes (in each episode). While great the storyline also felt repetitive without any conclusion or hints of where this is going. Also the whole saving the world falls flat. The cast is really good here including the supporting and new characters.

I also finished another season (season 4) of How I Met Your Mother. The cast really makes this work even though some of the episodes have started to become routine. The episodic nature works really well here.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:01 am
Grill

Watching The Leftovers with my wife and Re-watching The West Wing while I work.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm
Forum General

I've been binging quite a few shows lately. How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) is a pretty entertaining little show, although I find the main character very unlikable. I also binged the first 6 seasons of Vikings and while I loved the first two seasons and there are plenty of great scenes and moments sprinkled throughout he rest of the seasons the show gets really sloppy and infuriating in Season 5 to the point where I was only pretty much enjoying it for the spectacle of the battle scenes which are always amazing and grand in there scope. I also binged the final season of The Rain which is a pretty solid Danish sci-fi/drama show IMO that I will miss, but it did wrap up nicely. I've also been watching Elite which is crazy good and addicting as hell. Seriously, I don't know if I'v ever been this hooked on a show so quickly, but its ridiculously entertaining.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 pm
100% That Bitch

Yas! bring on the Elite fans! it's an amazing show.

Also binged TUA second season and it's still amazing.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:53 pm
The Kramer

It's shark week, bitches.

Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm
Wallflower

Mau wrote:
Yas! bring on the Elite fans! it's an amazing show.

Indeed. It's so much fun.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I finally restarted a finished Season 3 of Gotham and some episodes of Season 4. Plan to finish this series this week. Too much script manipulation for returning characters and not enough focus on main story-line but each episode still maintains the cringe fun factor by taking itself seriously. Also the villains are written better than heroes which is its strength as well as weakness.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:43 am
Forum General

Yeah Elite ended being great and now I can't wait for Season 4. It also got me in the mood to watch more similar shows, so now I'm watching Outer Banks which I assumed was some corny, YA romance show based on the promotional material, but damn was I wrong. It's actually really dark and quite violent at times, but I'm enjoying the first half of it so far. Both shows are actually very similar to Extracurricular too which is interesting, but I'd rather watch these over most of the stuff that's on cable now like Riverdale, because they definitely appeal to me more.

I hope to start Control Z and Money Heist soon as well.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Dil there are other Mexican shows like The House of Flowers (ended after season 3) and Money Heist (which you already plan) and Monarca (only 1 season for now) on Netflix that Mau recommended and are equally great.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:30 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

I also forgot to mention that I binged Season 5 and Season 6 of HIMYM (rewatch) last week. Season 6 in particular gave the episode Last Words which to this day is the best episode of this series for me and then we get Katy Perry's episode of "Oh Honey". Season 5 had Slapsgiving, Last Cigarette Ever and The Wedding Bride were all good-to-great as well.

Also Space Force was much better than I expected it improves after first episode, second episode was indeed the funniest (thanks Flava :thumbsup:). Its not an instant classic series but its also not as bad as the reviews suggest.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:39 am
The Kramer

Do you already know the ending to How I Met Your Mother?

I'm pretty sure that I'm still the only person alive that did not hate the final twist and actually thought it made perfect sense and absolutely was the right way to go.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:16 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yes I know the ending. I didn't love the ending but it did make sense so it's not something I hated. The big reveal is important but I love the series because it feels grounded in reality. The biggest selling point of the series is the mis-adventures of a group of friends or a wish list that you would have wanted to do with your friends when young.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Devil's Advocate

I liked the ending but spending an entire season on one weekend and then rushing through decades in the season finale just wasn’t the best use of time.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:21 pm
Forum General

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Dil there are other Mexican shows like The House of Flowers (ended after season 3) and Money Heist (which you already plan) and Monarca (only 1 season for now) on Netflix that Mau recommended and are equally great.

Thanks Sparrow and I'll definitely be checking all of those out. Control Z ended up being really entertaining as well and I also really enjoyed Outer Banks. Hopefully, I'll be able to start Money Heist next.

Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:40 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

This week I finished Season 4 of Gotham, while the series finds the long missing energy in the last few seasons it also doubles down on the stupid. Villains continue to be really good here and while Ben Mckenzie continues to do well carrying the franchise anytime Bruce, Alfred or Selina's story comes up, its always cringe-worthy.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:19 am
Keeping it Light

Just watched the first episode of Ted Lasso. It's not downright funny as the original sketches before, but it's amusing and Sudeikis is good. I'll see where it goes.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:58 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Finally finished Season 5 of Gotham, while this season was good it also brought shows flaws in full picture. The show always never had an ounce of creativity or newness when it came to its leads. The villains have better arc but they are dragged down by side-stories of leads (ironically). I will not miss this much it was decent but never a great show.

Watched the first season of Control Z and while it has good elements it never becomes a great show and ends up being this generic mystery that leaves no impact. The actors do well here.

Control Z was the push I needed to finally finished Elite Season 3. The short season helps this time and while I no longer "love" this series its getting better specially with Polo getting a good arc. I would want them for once to move away from Murder mystery. How many students will have to die before the parents take them away from this school?

Also watched Bard of Blood; recommended by my friend; an Indian Web Series about a group of spies. It ended up being a cliched espionage story which is kept floating by the actors. Also ends with a desperate but generic cliffhanger.

Lastly I finished my daily soap of How I Met Your Mother Season 7. Good to not as good as Season 6 not many memorable episodes.

I have now started watching Dirty John Season 1 (upto Episode 4), its good but too safe and predictable thus far. Eric Bana is really good here but the director fails to bring out menace that the actor is capable of. The three female leads are great here.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 pm
The Kramer

The West Wing is great. Even though 90s tv shows look horrible in HD, I’m glad I waited to watch it. I would not have appreciated it back then, and in 2020 it is nice to get to see a good president in action even in fiction to balance out all the awful things the real one does every day.

NBA playoffs will dominate my tv for the few weeks. Doubt I’ll be watching many shows or movies.

Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:43 pm
Keeping it Light

stuffp wrote:
Just watched the first episode of Ted Lasso. It's not downright funny as the original sketches before, but it's amusing and Sudeikis is good. I'll see where it goes.

I've watched the next two episodes since my last post and the show really comes into it's own from the second episode, it's actually pretty great and I look forward to the next one.

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 32  Next