Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 What are you watching right now? 
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: What are you watching right now?
Been catching up on the new season of "Insecure" and "Run."

They just added season 4 of "Riverdale" to Netflix so that will probably be next up.

Thu May 14, 2020 12:24 pm
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just finished the first season of "Katy Keene," which was incredibly charming escapist fluff. Lucy Hale is a great lead here. I hope it gets renewed.

Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 am
Profile YIM
Dont Mess with the Gez

Dead to Me Season 2 is certainly watchable but it feels like very little of substance happens until the last 5 mins of the final episode - setting it up for Season 3. Felt like treading water.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun May 17, 2020 2:50 am
Extraordinary

The Great on Hulu. Really liking it so far.

Sun May 17, 2020 3:08 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Just started the second season of "Dead To Me."

Sun May 17, 2020 11:11 am
Profile YIM
KJ's Leading Idiot

Just finished second season of After life, it just cannot justify its existence after a great first season and ends pretty much similar to first season. There is an additional death this time which makes the last two episodes really nice but other than that the show does not enough to carry on. The side stories are no longer compelling to fill even 30 minute episodes and this is when I liked season 1.

Sun May 17, 2020 11:30 am
Star Trek XI

Killing Eve is amazing, about halfway through season 1 now

Sun May 17, 2020 2:06 pm
Wallflower

Watched season 2 of Dead To Me which was great.

Started Atypical and am on the first part of Season 2. Really good show.

Sun May 17, 2020 4:20 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

Finished "Dead To Me" which was fantastic.

Starting "Mrs. America" now.

Sun May 17, 2020 8:15 pm
Profile YIM
Devil's Advocate

Normal People - authentic but a little boring. I will have a mainsite review in next few days.

Sun May 17, 2020 8:17 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

j_forest23 wrote:
Killing Eve is amazing, about halfway through season 1 now

Oh yeah the first season is amazing

Sun May 17, 2020 8:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Magic Mike wrote:
Watched season 2 of Dead To Me which was great.

Started Atypical and am on the first part of Season 2. Really good show.

I always wanted to watch atypical but never got into it. I'll give it a try

Sun May 17, 2020 8:21 pm
100% That Bitch

Crazy ex girlfriend rewatch update up to episode 9 season 3.

Holy shit the third season is the best season of any show that debited this past decade. It has so many holy tuck ments and probably the most gut wrenching moment in episodes 4 & 5.

Everyone should rewatch this hidden gem.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 17, 2020 9:18 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Watched S1 of Umbrella Academy. Really good stuff.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon May 18, 2020 9:15 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

I got a free trial of Shudder (truly lame service by the way) and binged "Cursed Films" last night. It's entertaining and a fun watch for horror fans, but doesn't really cover anything new and is too short to make an impression. Surprised they were going to premiere it at SXSW considering how pedestrian it is.

Mon May 18, 2020 10:44 am
Profile YIM
100% That Bitch

With the news of Scream 5 coming after the pandemic is over. I decided to watch Scream tv show yesterday...

And ofc I ended up binge watching the first season in a day and up to episode 2 of the second season.

I am shocked at how good this show was. They managed to capture the essence of Scream and stretch it to a whole season. Good show.

First season A-

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue May 19, 2020 5:42 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

I got traumatized by the pilot which was one of the worst episodes of television I've ever seen. it made me sick as a fan of the franchise.

Tue May 19, 2020 10:29 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

thompsoncory wrote:
I got traumatized by the pilot which was one of the worst episodes of television I've ever seen. it made me sick as a fan of the franchise.

Omg I think I made it to Episode 3 initially and it was so awful. But I too am a die-hard fan of the movies. Decided to give it another shot after a year and it did get better. Was just really hard separating it from the films. Compared to those it was awful but on its own it was kind of enjoyable. Especially Season 2.

Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 am
100% That Bitch

Magic Mike wrote:
thompsoncory wrote:

Omg I think I made it to Episode 3 initially and it was so awful. But I too am a die-hard fan of the movies. Decided to give it another shot after a year and it did get better. Was just really hard separating it from the films. Compared to those it was awful but on its own it was kind of enjoyable. Especially Season 2.

Season two became an enjoyable Trainwreck. Up to episode 12 because I lack self control

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed May 20, 2020 3:29 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Season 1 and 2 of Scream are solid. Dont bother with the 3rd season. Its garbage.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 am
Forum General

MadGez wrote:
Season 1 and 2 of Scream are solid. Dont bother with the 3rd season. Its garbage.

Thanks for the heads up on that MadGez. I've actually been thinking about re-watching it since I remember only seeing the first episode and wasn't all that impressed by it so I stopped watching it. I do need another series to start though since all I've been really doing lately is watching old episodes of Millennium which is cool but it ain't no X-Files.

Thu May 21, 2020 1:51 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

We've been watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. Really funny/enjoyable.
Going to start Upload tonight.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 21, 2020 2:22 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Love Kim's Convenience :thumbsup:

I finally finished season 5 of Better call saul. This series gets so much better over time that I'm not even sure where they will end the story. The last three episodes in Season 5 were amazing in particular. The only caveat is that this has now become a full on prequel to Breaking Bad rather than a Saul series where side stories have taken over Saul's journey.

Thu May 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote:
I finally finished season 5 of Better call saul. This series gets so much better over time that I'm not even sure where they will end the story. The last three episodes in Season 5 were amazing in particular. The only caveat is that this has now become a full on prequel to Breaking Bad rather than a Saul series where side stories have taken over Saul's journey.

BCS reminds me of BrBa in that both had really good/solid first seasons before getting so much better *every* subsequent season--no contest, no debate--and as long as it sticks the landing in S6 will easily be ranked up there with BrBa for all future rankings ;)

Kim's journey over the series has easily been a high point, for me, and while previously I was perhaps worried for her safety at this point a "shocking death!" and the effect it has on Jimmy would be such a lame ending for this amazing character. After over 10 years of earned goodwill with Gilligan/Gould/et al I'm confident they'll think of something better. Also, BCS is such a beautiful show to watch and S5 in particular really felt like weekly movies with the skill on display from every aspect of production--I find having such nice things actually spoils me a little bit in regards to other shows :yes:

Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Malcolm wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

BCS reminds me of BrBa in that both had really good/solid first seasons before getting so much better *every* subsequent season--no contest, no debate--and as long as it sticks the landing in S6 will easily be ranked up there with BrBa for all future rankings ;)

Kim's journey over the series has easily been a high point, for me, and while previously I was perhaps worried for her safety at this point a "shocking death!" and the effect it has on Jimmy would be such a lame ending for this amazing character. After over 10 years of earned goodwill with Gilligan/Gould/et al I'm confident they'll think of something better. Also, BCS is such a beautiful show to watch and S5 in particular really felt like weekly movies with the skill on display from every aspect of production--I find having such nice things actually spoils me a little bit in regards to other shows :yes:

So true! I am really keen to see how Kim's journey (and not Kim's Convenience :P) ends. That character is so damn good and Rhea Seehorn steals the screen from equally great Bob Odenkirk. I still can't get over the scene where Lalo comes into their apartment and she saves Jimmy. Its a crime that Rhea has never been nominated at Emmy's for Saul.

Thu May 21, 2020 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 790 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next